Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Found 224 reviews

3.9
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts CEO Andrew Dreyfus
Andrew Dreyfus
Pros
Cons
  • "Members give poor reviews of BCBSMA so that’s a sign right there(in 9 reviews)

• "Great company to work for so no one ever leaves(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Ok company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great work life balance. Work from home.

Cons

Slow career growth. Hard to move around company.

Advice to Management

More training opportunities to get employee up to speed with technology.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2019-03-16

April 29, 2019University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! Please consider our many career mobility options to help expedite your career journey.

2. "BCBSMA, best place to work!"

Former Employee - Quality Coach in Quincy, MA

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Work from home opportunity, non profit company who cares about its employees

Cons

New CFO every 5 years

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2019-01-25

January 28, 2019University Relations Specialist

Thank you for the time that you dedicated to the organization! Our current CFO, Andreana Santangelo was promoted in 2017 after her predecessor Allen Maltz (former CFO for 10+ yrs) retired.

3. "Great Company and Benefits"

Former Employee - Treasury in Boston, MA

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- Work from home option - Great commuter subsidies - Work/Life balance - Caring CEO - Discounts - Technology upgrades - Pension plan - Welcoming culture - Strong working mothers support - Beautiful Boston office - environmentally aware - encourages community service and outreach

Cons

Depending on the department, opportunities for advancement may be limited

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2018-10-02

October 11, 2018University Relations Specialist

Thank you! We welcome and value feedback as we are striving to create a culture of internal mobility and career development.

4. "Member Service Representative"

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home Great benefits Yearly company Service Day dedicated to providing charity work for the Greater Boston Area Very friendly and welcoming coworkers

Cons

18 month commitment period prior to applying to other internal positions Call center environment can be mentally exhausting

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2018-09-11

October 11, 2018University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and perspective.

"It Depends on What You're Looking For"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Quincy, MA

Pros

The Pay is okay and work life balance is okay, ability to work from home, decent benefits, commuter pass, daycare on site, tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Working a 40 hour work week but only getting paid for 37.5 and in order to get overtime you have to get paid for over 40 hours (Makes no sense right?) No gym, terrible lunch, Not minority friendly unless you want to be a Member Service Rep forever. The company continues to put diversity on their list of values, however diversity only exists at the lowest levels of employment here. If you are a customer service rep trying...

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the needs of your minorities. We are people too. We have to work 100x harder than the non minorities you overlook us for.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2018-08-20

"contact analyst"

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time

Pros

flexibility, work from home, location, friendliness,

Cons

not much room for growth after you get to a certain point

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2018-03-26

April 16, 2018University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review. We welcome our employee feedback as we are continually striving for improvement.

7. "Great company with great management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Work-life balance; great benefits including company contribution to retirement account, work from home option, commuting expense subsidies, many wellness programs such as cafe in the building, free yoga classes during lunch breaks...

Cons

Some managers are hard to deal with; folks who have worked with the company for long time (obviously due to the pros above) need to catch up their skills...

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2017-02-17

March 17, 2017University Relations Specialist

Thank you for highlighting our many benefits and work life balance. We welcome and value feedback from our associates as we are continually striving for improvement.

"Disappointing. They have the opportunity to be much better at customer service than they are. All their customers."

Current Employee - Analyst III in Hingham, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Paid time off, flexible schedules; many positions are work from home. Great wellness program (gym, fitness equipment &massage reimbursement; at-work yoga, meditation & seminars).

Cons

Upper management cares about production and that's it. They are also not willing to spend the money to keep IT and other systems up to date for a company of this size. Very clique-ish. If you don't fit a profile or know someone, you don't move up or even around.

Advice to Management

Consider giving the Briggs-Myers personality test to all permanent new-hires to find out where they will best fit in the Company. More internal systems training and testing. More transparency.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2016-12-24

"Actuarial Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I appreciate the flexible work arrangements. There are not set working hou S and I can work from home at least 1x week. I think the pay is high and the benefits are good (not just health insurance)

Cons

During busy periods the overtime demands are very stressful. I don't feel like we get recognized for the aboveboard and beyond work we do during these periods

Advice to Management

More recognition of us specific to the work we do matters, not just once a year holiday parties

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2016-10-27
  10. "controlled and underpaid"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Weymouth, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for more than 4 years

Pros

- coworkers - generous vacation time - ability to take work from home

Cons

-annual raises are never more than 50 cents per hour -forced to learn new splits which they do not pay you for -different departments are very separate, even if your immediate managers are rooting for you they have little to no say whether or not you get the job -very difficult to move up, interviews can be confidence killers... - "personal time" limited to 15 mins max per day and monitored, scheduled and unpaid...

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality over quantity. Stop putting so much weight on the number of calls and focus on FCR and of the member was taken care of/fully educated. if an MS associate is doing side tasks off the phones be sure to communicate it to the appropriate department to give the associate a opportunity for growth...

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2016-05-18