Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Health Benefits Consultant"

Former Employee - Health Benefits Consultant in Williston, ND
    Former Employee - Health Benefits Consultant in Williston, ND

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company and co-workers! The only reason for leaving was there was no housing in ND and living in an RV man camp in Williston was horrible. My manager, Marlys was AWESOME!!

Cons

At the time, Williston, ND was having a serious housing crisis, you could not afford an apartment and the only place to live was in our RV in a man camp-HORRIBLE!Can't really think of any except they are incredibly busy! And incredibly busy is a good thing.

Advice to Management

None-they are doing things right.

2. "It was an OK only exp"

Pros

Ok Company to work for if you are starting out

Cons

The management is inexperienced and do not know what they are doing.

3. "Laid Back Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, decent pay with ok benefits. I enjoy working with the people there and my boss is pretty nice too. They're understanding and willing to help out someone new.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Some of the upper management don't seem to want to move forward to newer things. No bonuses or any type of incentives.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees, especially the ones that have been there and put time in. I see people leave because they aren't given what they're owed.

5. "Human Resources"

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota full-time

Pros

Assisted other employees with benefit issues. This was the best part of my job as I enjoy assisting people to understand things they need help with.

Cons

The company I worked for did not have a good personable report. They do not treat employees fairly nor to they pay fairly

"Bad Management"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Fargo, ND

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits but they keep reducing them for new employees. Countless opportunities to learn new systems.

Cons

Pay is low for the IT industry. Middle management takes micro management to the extreme. Only favors those that ingratiate themselves to uppers. Hard work is not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Lighten up and grow a pair. Promote a culture that forgives management mistakes so management can have integrity.

7. "Advancement and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (Less than a year)

Pros

BCBSND has prided itself on being one of the best Employers of Choice in the Fargo Moorhead area and beyond. BCBSND strives to value it's employees and gives them opportunities to advance their careers through a variety of different positions available. BCBSND offers competetive salaries and benefits to all employees and is one of the most flexible employers I've worked for when it comes to work/life balance.

Cons

I would encourage to continue to advance the communication strategies internally and externally.

Advice to Management

Continue to give opportunities to grow current staff and focus on retention of top talent.

8. "Worst Job I ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had some really great co-workers and met a lot of people who wanted to do a good job.
    I know long standing employees were paid very well and had some excellent retirement benefits.

Cons

Management was horrific. My boss blatantly made it obvious that employees were not valued and were interchangeable parts in her mind.
    It was virtually possible to get anything accomplished. No one would take ownership or responsibility for something. This caused something to take 4 times longer than normal. Then your boss would just tell you they would have done it differently.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter. No one would listen anyways

"Excellent care for employees"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Fargo, ND

Pros

Nice work environment, casual culture

Cons

Slow relaxed environment makes you very relaxed.

Advice to Management

Add more challenge to employees

10. "Not as Good as Before"

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not much Pros anymore, all benefits and work/life balance is getting less and less.

Cons

Benefits / Life/Work Balanace / Career Growth / Pay

Advice to Management

Get rid of the new management who will do anything to boot out the long timers. Management needs to start remembering the company is only as successful as its employees.

"n/a"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Pros

Job Security, friendly colleagues, scope to learn.

Cons

Interior design not so great.