KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana

Engaged Employer

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana

Add a Review

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 14, 2021

Found 17 of over 282 reviews

4.2
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana President and CEO Steven Udvarhelyi
Steven Udvarhelyi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Try Other Options First

Sep 14, 2019 - Account Advisor I (Call Center) in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free or Discounted health insurance benefits

Cons

-No work life balance -Little to no room for advancement (it takes workers in the call center 5-7 or more years to get to other positions in the company that are not related to the call center despite having certificates, advanced degrees, etc.) -The majority of minorities are placed in places such as call centers, correspondence, mail room, pre-auth, etc. despite having advanced degrees -Call center and other places listed above has severe burnout and high turnover rates due to strict strict strict scheduling, unbearable stress, inconsistent audits/auditors, errors on audits, pop up rules that you no longer need to follow weeks later, micro-managing -Very difficult to take off days even if you have PTO (emergency situations are no exceptions) -Mandatory over time (call center) for open enrollment regardless if you have other jobs after shift is over, have to pick up children after work, other obligations after work...they do not care

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Nice place to work

Aug 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and work life balance are good, depending on what department you are in. Annual incentive and retirement plus contributions are nice.

Cons

There are a lot of changes going on right now, which means people are getting shuffled around.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

It’s a roller coaster ride

May 7, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Still options to work from home. Which helps with work life balance. Pay is decent depending on the area you’re in. Management is decent, depending on the area you’re in.

Cons

Management on up, although diverse, is not consistent. BOD is A hard division to work under. It’s always constant change, Sometimes it’s for the best a lot of times it has not been. Salary position which can cause long work hours certain times of the year. Used to have awesome benefits such as PTO cell back. employees didn’t have to pay for their own health insurance as we do now. They are basically phasing out retiree benefits.

Digital Strategy Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We appreciate your years of service to our mission, and hope you feel you can discuss solutions with your leadership team or call on your HR Business Partners to share your ideas for improvement.

4. 4.0

Great Place to Work Local

Apr 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Life Balance They care about the employees. Take care of us in disasters like hurricanes and Covid. Fair Pay Stability

Cons

Insurance companys are slow to change. Not always cutting edge.

Digital Strategy Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value your insights and are continuing to improve innovations in health care. We will share this perspective with our leadership team. Please share your suggestions for innovation and work pace with your leaders or your HR Business Partner.

5. 4.0

Great Opportunity

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse & Inclusive Culture Good work/life balance with flexibility as positions allow Good overall benefit package

Cons

Limited growth potential depending on area you work in

Digital Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are glad to have you on our Blue Cross team working to improve the health and lives of Louisianians. It's important that our employees feel they have a clear career path and options for advancement. Please reach out to your manager or one of our HR Business Partners and they can help identify actions for you or others to tap into areas for growth. We appreciate your input.

6. 3.0

Established insurance company

Apr 13, 2016 - Senior Project Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

BCBSLA is an established company in Louisiana with great staff. The PMO is evolving to meet new industry needs.

Cons

Recent leadership changes and changes in healthcare reform have had some negative downstream impacts and have hurt the work/home life balance for many. Career growth is limited depending your department.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jan 20, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Partner in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance; great benefits; good pay; great people to work with

Cons

No longer able to employ people while working remote out of state.

Digital Strategy Manager

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. We always value and appreciate employee input. You are part of making our company better and improving the health and lives of Louisianians!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management

Nov 8, 2017 - Management in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and Work Life Balance

Cons

It's all about who you know to get a job. Very Stressful! Meetings -Meetings-Meetings! Micro-Managers in every department!

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Intern

loved it

Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work life balance wfh situation down pat

Cons

no cons that i could think of

Digital Strategy Manager

Thanks for taking time to share this great feedback. We are so happy to have you on our team and focused on our mission to improve the health and lives of Louisianians.

10. 3.0

Average place of employment

Mar 23, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, pay for certifications, great benefits, company is growing, flexible with hours, majority of people are great to work with. It's a place of employment.

Cons

Little to no salary increase or advancement with higher degrees earned/certifications achieved. Wellness program is extremely strict in order to keep free benefits, no work life balance (often working 6 days a week), many people in manager/director roles are not certified and cannot be trusted, wants feedback but never considers or makes changes from feedback, lots of people do not do their Jobs, impossible deadlines that VP'S and directors just laugh and say oh well, tasks assigned that are no in your job description or well above your pay grade.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews