Blue Diamond Growers Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Blue Diamond Growers President & CEO Mark D. Jansen
Mark D. Jansen

1. Featured Review

"Great people, awesome culture & a product you can feel proud of"

I have been working at Blue Diamond Growers full-time

Pros

Blue Diamond has a great culture, warm and welcoming environment and the employees seem to really enjoy what they do. Many employees have worked for Blue Diamond for decades, that says a lot now a days. There is a strong sense of pride for the company and the product. All in all, it's a great place to work with many interesting opportunities. Great benefits, bonus program and wellness program too!

Cons

A richer 401K match, that would be a plus. Otherwise, nothing else comes to mind.

Advice to Management

During my time with Blue Diamond I have seen a lot of internal promotions, employees being rewarded for their hard work and dedication. Keep it up!

"Too corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Blue Diamond Growers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good product loved by many consumers, recognizable icon/symbol plus we get a pretty decent product discount.

Cons

Becoming too corporate, lost much of the family, grower cooperative appeal the company once had.

Advice to Management

Too much corporate attitude. Don't forget the foundation once built by those who have been here a long time.

Blue Diamond Growers Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Blue Diamond Growers Human Resources

As we continue to grow and evolve, our commitment to our grower owners and team members remains our priority. We realize that with any growth there are changes but we remain true to our values of ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Modesto, CA

Pros

As a 12 year employee of this organization I have seen a wealth of change and it is always for the better. We have grown exponentially over the past 5 years and with that growth we have made a lot of improvements. Facility improvements, process improvements and most importantly we are investing in our team members to ensure we sustain that growth and continue to be the leader in our industry. This is a good place to work if you want to make a positive change and be a part of something special.

Cons

There is a lot of change happening and challenges that are being worked on to take us to the next level.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your team members

Blue Diamond Growers Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Blue Diamond Growers Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We love hearing feedback!

"Perfect Time to Be with Blue Diamond Growers"

Pros

Almonds are so much on trend and have a longstanding, sustainable health and wellness halo. Supply and Demand are in productive balance. BDG branded opportunities for almond based foods are endless. Leadership is committed to global growth and Innovation. People are genuine and great to work with. This organization is poised for big growth and individual opportunity. Campus in Sacramento is in a beautiful for walking to great restaurants and coffee houses. Salary and benefits are competitive with larger companies.

Cons

Just a little behind the average on "Personal Time Off", vacation days, and paid holidays. Still good, but the only slight weak spot.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the friendly, entrepreneurial, fun environment in the face of ever increasing business and people demands.

"Great opportunties to make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Blue Diamond Growers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I continue to be impressed with the exciting changes that Blue Diamond is making and the way it has transformed in the 3 years that I have been here. It's a team of people that really enjoy what they do and are proud of our mission, our product and our company. Each person has a chance to make a difference, see the impact of their work and has the opportunity to grow within their role and try new areas. It's also meaningful to know that we are supporting the livelihood of small family growers, something our team takes pride in. I look forward to more success in the future.

Cons

There is still some resistance to change but that's improving.

"great company"

Former Employee - General Labor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - General Labor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Blue Diamond Growers (More than 5 years)

Pros

they are a really good company to work for. if you like to work and make good money then this is the place for you lots of over time

Cons

there is nothinng i can say bad about this company

"Forklift driver,loader"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Modesto, CA

I worked at Blue Diamond Growers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There a really good company to work for.they treat there employees with respect.

Cons

Sometimes there would be times were there wouldn't be work.

Advice to Management

I have nothing bad to say about management.

"temp employee"

Former Employee - Temp in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Temp in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Nice crowd to work with temporary employees are treated well you can get hired and grow with the company if you are hard-working

Cons

The hiring process for hourly jobs is normally in late summer. There is a mandatory day off for a couple weeks between seasons

Advice to Management

The inclusion of temp employees with lunches gifts and other little freebies is appreciated.

"Teamwork & integrity at the core"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Blue Diamond Growers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees here make the company great. Teamwork is evident by the amount of support at all levels. The company exemplifies its core values: Integrity, Partnership, Quality & Innovation.

Cons

Change is difficult as the company still operates in the "old school" mentality. We are trying to progress to the next level as a CPG company, however, some employees are so negative that it's a challenge.

"Just a Review"

Current Employee - Sorter in Turlock, CA
    Current Employee - Sorter in Turlock, CA

I have been working at Blue Diamond Growers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very nice people at this company. They really help you out when you're new and the company loves to reward their employees for their hard work.

Cons

I didn't quite know all the procedures when arriving there and had to learn by observation alone. I also work night shift which is 12-1 and it is taking me a lot of time to get used to.

Advice to Management

Better orient your new employees.