Blue Fountain Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Tiak Koon Loh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible hours and a great work from home policy also were nice added perks" (in 7 reviews)

• "Good work-life balance and talented co-workers you can learn from" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "BFM has endured some serious growing pains in recent years, so it's difficult to both keep up with the changing operations as well as client products" (in 6 reviews)

• "The employee turnover rate is astounding" (in 3 reviews)

"Opportunities abound"

Current Employee - Corporate Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Now that BFM has fully integrated with its new parent company (Pactera) opportunities and expansion are flourishing. BFM is winning growth awards from the likes of Acquia and run like a professional growth organization.

Now that we are part of a global enterprise the benefits package is on par with Fortune 500 companies. The management changes have turned a formerly entrepreneurial led organization into a professionally led organization to admire.

New client requirements have helped weed out small clients and small projects are the rare exception. BFM has won great, long-term work from large enterprises that make the day to day much more fun.

Cons

Things move a bit slower and decisions take a while to develop at times but patience pays off.

Advice to Management

Stick with your growth plans and keep improving the benefits (if it's even possible) and there are great things to come.

2. "Good Stepping Stone"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

coworkers and culture is fun

Cons

goals and processes tend to pivot at the word of the CEO...often

"New leadership is outstanding!"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible office hours, work from home
    -New leadership from parent company is passionate about taking the company to the next level, very accessible and maintains an open-door, every opinion matters policy
    -Benefits package recently upgraded, AMAZING!
    -Monthly agency-wide meetings to share growth and vision

Cons

-growing pains are still lingering around, but no real complaints

Advice to Management

-Keep up the good work and thanks for being supportive and assuring during the transition in leadership

Mar 8, 2018 – Sales Operations Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We have shared your comments internally!

"Great people, still has some growing pains"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about Blue Fountain Media were the people. When I started there about 3 years ago, the entire organization was filled with a great group of teammates that were supportive and truly enjoyable to work with.

It's a great environment to learn a lot-and fast.

Flexible hours and a great work from home policy also were nice added perks.

Cons

There was too little transparency. To know what was "going on" at the company would mean you had to have a personal connection with someone that was "in the know."

Robust career growth is not common.

Low morale.

Favoritism among employees.

I'd say the corporate culture sucks, but it really just don't exist at all.

Most employees are vastly underpaid.

Advice to Management

More staff meetings and transparency. Make an effort to create more initiatives that make work enjoyable.

5. "I love BFM!"

Former Employee - Associate Account Director
    Former Employee - Associate Account Director

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company environment and culture. Interesting projects.

Cons

I've had a great experience over my +2 years here. Yes, there are some challenges you may encounter, however, it is just a part of any interesting and meaningful job Honestly, nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Feb 27, 2018 – Sales Operations Manager

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback!

"Maybe If You're Entry-Level..."

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

There honestly are not many pros for this company. There are some great minds and talent here, but some of their work cannot be done properly due to poor client base or lack of senior leadership above them. It's a pretty tough place to really get behind, and from working there, most of the 5 star reviews are completely fake and put there by internal resources that are asked to do it.

Cons

Gabe is definitely not easy in the office. From outbursts and yelling to a sales first attitude, the learning curve can become difficult for some. They've held "trainings" which you'd think you learn something new, but in the end it's a meeting where you're being asked to sell more to clients.

Depending on your dept it can be difficult to get proper work done. There's a sales team whose job is just to close the door and bring in work, which ultimately sets the teams up for failure because promises are set at that point to a client with a price in mind. This sets a tone upfront so up to the employees to make sure it's then handled properly afterwards...

Desktops are burdensome and old and when you walk in it's like being chained to your desk with the computers. The tablets might be a nice to have, but still made it difficult to work efficiently. Management as a whole can be a detriment. The culture there can be very immature at times too which can make it difficult for some to get behind and believe.

Overall, office morale is low with a high turnover rate. Many people who come in from real jobs outside leave quickly when they see what it's really like v. what is promised/explained in job descriptions and interviews. Interviewer beware.

Advice to Management

If you say you're a top "agency" then show up to the table properly. Pay people what they deserve, treat employees how they should. Maybe look to recycle all that old junk that are "computers" and look into upping the office which was promised almost a year ago. Stop being a website chop shop and build up teams without overpromising to clients first to figure it out later.

Mar 8, 2018 – Sales Operations Manager

We never want to hear that our employees are unhappy for any reason. We do wish that you would have raised these issues to HR so that we could have worked together to find a solution. Please do not... More

"A joke"

Pros

A terrible agency.
    You get paid on time.
    Working remote.
    Rarely water or heat so office closes.
    Quiet office due to bad work

Cons

Bad management, bleeding clients, short staffed and unethical work with clients.
    Everything about this place. Desktops no laptops, Bad IT.

Advice to Management

Try harder

"Hated it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

stepping stone to my real job

Cons

- horrible management
    -horrible CEO
    - no benefits
    - clients were a joke
    - my boss would LIE

Mar 8, 2018 – Sales Operations Manager

I am sorry to hear that your experience at the agency was not as positive as we would have liked to hear. We wish you would have raised these issues to HR, as the behavior mentioned is not tolerated... More

"HAHAHA DON'T EVEN BOTHER!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Nothing to share here. Unless you like working in Hell.

Cons

Mangement: Terrible, terrible, terrible. Do as I say, not as I do. I have been threatened almost every single day that I will lose my job. That's fine. Being fired would feel like being let out of prision.

Marketing: Brilliant minds here but are constantly silenced by Gabe. He knows better. He is the All Mighty God here. If you do not praise him and constantly feed his ego, you will not be liked. You will be fired.

HR: Forget it. More like whatever you tell them, they tell everyone else. Crap benefits.

Clients: Subpar. Trying to get to Enterprise level work will not happen here.

Advice to Management

Just close up shop.

Mar 8, 2018 – Sales Operations Manager

I am sorry to hear that your experience at the agency is not as positive as we would like. We wish you would have raised your concerns with HR so that we could have worked together to find a... More

"An awful place to work"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to share here.

Cons

- Unprofessional Leadership: The most tyrannical CEO I have ever encountered. Cursing out clients and employers alike, this was normal happenings and behavior at BFM.

- Low morale across departments: Using the aforementioned fear tactics to work employees to the bone. A MAJORITY of employees I spoke with lived in constant fear of being fired at any given time - as this was common place at BFM.

- High chance of being mislead and empty promises regarding career opportunities: My hiring manager promised IN my interview that I would be managing a group since we were being acquired and thus, be growing. Instead, I was let go after 6 months because of said acquirement.

- Unhygienic work place part I: BFM didn't have running water for over a week. No one expedited the issue and expected women to use the men's restroom and hand sanitizer in the interim.

- Unhygienic work place part 2: They had a perpetual rodent problem.

- Lack of culture: Very rarely would people have actual conversations. All communication was conducted over Skype which gave no room for camaraderie. I was practically fired over Skype; HR sent me a message, "Can you meet me in my office, I'm here with your boss :-(" Yes, I was sent a sad face emoji. My department, which sat together, rarely spoke to me in person and opted to Skype me instead which was polarizing.

- Incredibly cramped office space: You're bumping elbows with people. However, this is a drop in the bucket compared to terrible leadership, the unhygienic work space and unnatural way of communicating with fellow co-workers.

- Bagel Mondays but no bagel toaster, enough said.