Blue Fountain Media Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2020

3.2
Blue Fountain Media CEO Tiak Koon Loh    (no image)
Tiak Koon Loh
Pros
Cons
  • "The best thing that BFM has is it's employees(in 11 reviews)

• "We all work long hours and some of us can never "turn off(in 9 reviews)

"Opportunities abound"

5.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Now that BFM has fully integrated with its new parent company (Pactera) opportunities and expansion are flourishing. BFM is winning growth awards from the likes of Acquia and run like a professional growth organization. Now that we are part of a global enterprise the benefits package is on par with Fortune 500 companies. The management changes have turned a formerly entrepreneurial led organization into a professionally led organization to admire. New client requirements have helped weed out small clients and small projects are the rare exception. BFM has won great, long-term work from large enterprises that make the day to day much more fun.

Cons

Things move a bit slower and decisions take a while to develop at times but patience pays off.

Thank you for the feedback! We have shared your comments internally!

"Lacks stability, vision, and growth opportunities"

2.0

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Several positive, collaborative, and caring colleagues. - An opportunity to work with many different clients and have ownership over your work. - You get to see your work go live. - Can be useful as a stepping stone.

Cons

There were no growth opportunities within the company for designers. And, the type of work that came in was more or less lacking in variety. In my time there, I increasingly felt a lack of organization, stability, and vision hamper our competitiveness and growth. - Overall, the company struggles to implement current industry standards. - It also became clear that the growth of the creative team and its individual members was not a priority. - I know several current and former colleagues who were underpaid, and/or who increasingly felt their skills and experience were not valued (myself included). - Being acquired by Pactera has contributed to an overall uncertainty about the direction of the company. - Hiring is an area that really needs improvement. And the office itself is not a comfortable or pleasant environment.

Continue reading
  3. "Jack-of-all trades kind of job"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with every department in a meaningful way. Digital strategists learn a little of everyone's job to strategize the most effective way of using all the other departments.

Cons

A lot of people, can get lost in the shuffle.

4. "Great collaboration among teams"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good communication among team members and transparency between upper management and subordinates.

Cons

Not much opportunity for upward advancement.

"Don't believe the hype you're less important then there contractors in Portugal"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

They're on Madison Ave.

Cons

They're a dated media agency with a very closed mind.

Continue reading

"Close minded, intolerable to change and unable to keep up with the industry."

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some bright coworkers. Tries hard to create a friendly working environment.

Cons

Close minded, intolerable to change and unable to keep up with the industry. Incapable and uninterested in keeping up with the times. Every time a good change is bound to happen, it ends up squashed between a political tug-of-war in upper management. Discussions are devoid of any logical reason and overly shadowed by personal interests. Does not care about work quality, only focused in milking clients dry with whatever tactic possible and openly laughing about it. Encourages ways to up-sell by withholding information from clients and compensates employees for doing so. Very backwards 90s management and product management style. False advertising of capabilities. 3 mass layoffs in the past 5 years. Not loyal to employees, actively destroys family livelihoods due to poor sales performance. Wages, bonuses and raises are a joke. Expects employees to be loyal when mass firings are common practice to hit quarterly numbers. Rehires new people to fill recently vacant positions when workload increases. Use once and throw away mentality. Low pay, extremely below industry level. Complains when talented individuals leave. Complains when talented individuals do not apply. Writes fake reviews in Glassdoor to hide all the honest ones. Blocks fellow employee careers based on where they are from. If you are a yes man and do everything they ask you without questioning, this is your place.

June 28, 2019Director of HR

We never want to hear that our employees are unhappy for any reason and we are disappointed to hear that your experience at the agency was not positive. We wish you would have raised these issues to HR while you were employed so that we could have worked together to address and find a solution.

7. "Account Director"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and nice people

Cons

lot's of underselling and over-promising by sales team.

8. "Account Director"

Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, fast paced, good variety of clients and projects. Great team, challenging accounts and never a dull moment. Extremely valuable experience.

Cons

Long hours and tough problems, clients come in with tight budgets and it is a challenge to manage expectations. Account managers need better sales incentives.

9. "Good Stepping Stone"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

coworkers and culture is fun

Cons

goals and processes tend to pivot at the word of the CEO...often

Thank you for the feedback! We have shared your comments internally!

"New leadership is outstanding!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible office hours, work from home -New leadership from parent company is passionate about taking the company to the next level, very accessible and maintains an open-door, every opinion matters policy -Benefits package recently upgraded, AMAZING! -Monthly agency-wide meetings to share growth and vision

Cons

-growing pains are still lingering around, but no real complaints

March 8, 2018Sales Operations Manager