Blue Fountain Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Blue Fountain Media CEO & Founder Gabriel Shaoolian
Gabriel Shaoolian

Pros
Cons
  • Typical long hours of the agency world (in 8 reviews)

• BFM has a fast paced environment, so if you are not ready to learn, act & get responsibilities fast, then this might not be the place for you (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best Agency to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

Awesome work culture.
    Positive environment.
    No micro-managing.
    The expectation is to be a professional and stay on task. Leadership puts a huge emphasis on talent. If you are not talented, you probably won't make it. Whoever writes a negative review is obviously just bitter for getting fired and not making the cut. The absurdity of the blatant lies written by losers who got fired is so unbelievable I had to add my own review. I love working here and so does everyone else.

Cons

Can't really complain but the hours do feel long. 9 am to 6 pm. But that's fairly common in NY, and you have flexibility if you need to take your lunch at different times to run errands or anything.

Advice to Management

Nap pods. Catered lunches.

2. "Great for Learning, Company needs to Apply the Lessons"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

BFM has some of the most talented and easy to work with employees, especially in marketing. The marketing directors are easy to talk to with their own strengths, and if you get lucky, you get one that cares about the employees' growth and satisfaction just as much as the client's. ADs are very knowledgeable, and for the most part, people are willing to be team players, inside and outside of the office. If you produce good work, your manager is usually flexible, and they appreciate and understand work life balance(though there are some really long nights). It is a great training ground.

Cons

The best thing that BFM has is it's employees. Nurturing them, supporting them, encouraging outside training, and making sure that they always feel supported professionally is not always valued the way it should be. The current structure of paying low and treating people as bodies rather than talent is not as much of a savings as intended if turnover rate is high and training time is incorporated. Also, clients should be vetted more. ADs, MMs and Director's are often penalized for the lack of foresight that BDs have when pitching and signing on clients.

Advice to Management

Obviously the people are the company's best asset. Nurturing their growth, assigning them to clients that will reflect and build their strengths rather than random client's based on bandwidth, and showing their value based on their work from the top up are weaknesses here. Also, not all money is good money. Hasty vetting and quick closing leads to clients who sometimes aren't ready to grow or for an agency, abandoned projects, wasted talent, and situations where employees aren't secure in their positions with the company.

3. "No vision (or leadership)"

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

Competitive salary.
    Interesting clients.
    Smart staff.
    Margarita Mondays.

Cons

No vision or focus from the CEO. The client base is so scattered there is no single vertical to say "we're really great at this one thing". No real partnership or brand building, just one-off projects and a lot of startups without the time or money to do their due diligence. Pigeon holed groups don't work in shared spaces, or share ideas.

Advice to Management

Find a CEO with leadership skills, not a comic book artist.

5. "Corporate Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great stepping stone for new comers to the web design/digital marketing industry. There is a lot to learn, and a great group of people to learn it from. Absorb as much as you can.

Cons

Some structural and communication challenges.

6. "A scam, not an agency"

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

They pay a salary and there are a lot of really nice employees there.

Cons

CEO who screams at the top of his lungs at employees, a constant flow of cheating unsuspecting clients out of their last dime.

Advice to Management

Complete overhaul.

"There's hope, but a lot of work to be done here..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good work-life balance and talented co-workers you can learn from. Open door policy with executive team.

Cons

Success depends on team and manager -- some are more involved and caring than others. Many employees are tenured and shouldn't be in their position. Favoritism plays a huge role in the organization. Lack of company culture; any culture that does exist is forced.

Advice to Management

Recognize top talent and compensate them fairly. Create flat rules in the organization that all have to follow. (For example, just because you've been with the company for 4 years doesn't mean you can get drunk every night and walk in the next day at 11 am smelling like booze.)

"Great work environment with very talented people"

Pros

- Great work environment with very talented, friendly, and interesting people who really care about their work.
    - Diverse range of clients from big brands to new startups.
    - Opportunity to collaborate with teammates and contribute to every step of the project.
    - Management is very supportive and have really helped grow an awesome team.
    - A company you can be proud to work for and feel rewarded.

Cons

Deadlines and pressure comes with the agency territory. Never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Keep growing.

"Challenging but fun!"

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

Variety of projects, great talent

Cons

Fast-paced and ever-changing direction.

"Great Experience & Great Leaderahip"

Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at BFM for 6 months now, I have had a great experience and learned a substantial amount in a short period of time. The leadership cares about the growth of the employees, in knowledge and in their career. There are many opportunities to advance in the company and many rewards for adding value to the agency. The culture and work-life balance are outstanding. Most importantly, everyone works as a team, allowing everyone to learn from one another.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experiences.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Your dedication to helping and growing your team is truly a defining factor in the agency's success.

"An agency that is innovative and helped to take my skill set to the next level"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never progressed as much with knowledge and learning in an effort to take my career to the next level as I have with Blue Fountain Media and the reason is because of the people. This agency has some of the most talented people that I've ever worked with. People who truly care about their work and are passionate about what they do, and it shows in the time and effort that is put into our projects and the results that we obtain for our clients.

If you are in the workforce and looking to take the next step in your career, this agency will help you. It has done so for me.

If your a potential customer who is in the market for a digital agency for your website or project, I can tell you from first hand experience the team at the other end of the line at BFM cares about every project we work on. We are invested in its success and it shows in the results that we strive to achieve for our clients.

Cons

We all work long hours and some of us can never "turn off." But it's what we do. It's putting in the effort and it shows in the results.

Advice to Management

Our company culture is great. It's a fun atmosphere and we all collaborate. Continue to bring in the best people in the business and keep our teams motivated with challenging projects.