What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to be around every one is nice and forms a unbeatable Team." (in 23 reviews)
- "Great benefits health medical and dental" (in 11 reviews)
- "Most coworkers are great" (in 8 reviews)
- "Good work life balance in the company" (in 8 reviews)
- "Fantastic opportunity to make a difference in a small sized company with a huge global brand reach." (in 5 reviews)
- "Bad management and so on" (in 18 reviews)
- "Until mid 2020 pay was low, but now it's better and competitive to mid size companies in seattle" (in 13 reviews)
- "Lack of leadership Signet transaction has everyone searching for the exit sign." (in 10 reviews)
- "Unpredictable scheduling, no communication from the higher ups to the call center." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Blue Nile and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 230 of over 280 reviews
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Sep 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great Coworkers, Well Paid, Company is Profitable, That's about it
Since Signet purchased Blue Nile, they have allowed the new parent company, R2Net, to seemingly try and run it into the ground. The majority of the original staff has now been let go, false promises to find new roles for employees within the parent company, mismanagement is rampant, severe lack of information or direction for remaining employees, company culture is becoming non-existent, vendors and contractors are no longer being paid in a timely manner (over 2 months without pay for many), employees are stuck in a state of limbo not knowing if or how long they will continue to have a job or what their role may be, morale is at an all time low.
Blue Nile Reviews FAQs
Blue Nile has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 280 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Blue Nile to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
55% of Blue Nile employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blue Nile 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.