Blue River PetCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Blue River PetCare Reviews

Found 6 reviews

3.2
Dan Blumenthal

"Fast Growing Company with an Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Blue River PetCare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A company is only as good as the leaders managing from the top and BRP has the best executive team I've ever worked for. There's genuine care for the staff and it's reflected in everything we receive here - lots of growth opportunity, very competitive pay, and a really great work atmosphere. The culture is what makes it so much better than your average workplace. Everyone here is very warm, friendly, and hard working....

Cons

As a young company there are always growing pains. But we identify those and work to improve them as we advance. E.g. creating and implementing new policies that serve as the foundation of what we're building.

Blue River PetCare2018-10-29
  2. "Truly Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Blue River PetCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that are relevant or important

Cons

This was truly the most disappointing experience I have ever had in a workplace. I have roughly 10 years of customer service and administrative experience and was hired for a position that quickly changed into a role that I had no experience in and frankly, I wasn't hired to do. Management has truly poor communication skills and offers no guidance on how best to succeed. In fact, there really is NO avenue for success....

Advice to Management

Take time to invest in your employees. Take measures to set them up for success and provide CLEAR expectations. Management training is greatly needed in this office environment for all senior level staff. Also, please take more care in what you say about minority groups. As a workplace that lacks diversity and understanding for those that are 'different', you need to be a better ally.

Blue River PetCare2019-04-09

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Blue River PetCare full-time

Pros

Room for growth, management is good, they want long lasting employees so they take the time to teach you every aspect of the business. Great colleagues that you can learn a lot from. There are constant bonding festivities. If you come to work with a positive attitude, work hard, and make an effort with colleagues/management you will be rewarded.

Cons

It takes some time to fall into your job description, but once you do its great.

Blue River PetCare2018-10-24

"Everything I was looking for"

I have been working at Blue River PetCare full-time

Pros

BRP is a place where I look forward to coming to work each day. It's a team environment where we are all working toward a common cause. The challenges change each day and there is much room for growth.

Cons

Growing each day, so typically growing pains as to be expected

Blue River PetCare2018-10-25

"Poor Leadership"

I have been working at Blue River PetCare full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Young demographic. Try to give clinics freedom to be themselves.

Cons

Chauvinistic ownership. Very condescending and patronizing to their employees around the US. Make promises to clinics and can’t always deliver.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. Know that every person has the potential to grow if you let them. Keep the Company organized. Let your employees do their jobs and encourage their leadership growth potential. Be teachers and not dictators. And stop nickel and diming everything, it makes you look cheap.

Blue River PetCare2018-11-10

"Office of Confusion"

I worked at Blue River PetCare

Pros

can wear jeans, break room has coffee and tea

Cons

completely unorganized, training is incomplete, management seems confused, not everyone in management position is honest, high school vibes (cliques). No room for growth. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Get organized. Do better with getting to know your employees, not just the "cool kids". Don't support lying mangers/

Blue River PetCare2018-04-06