Blue Star (IN) Reviews | Glassdoor

Blue Star (IN) CEO Jon Morningstar
Jon Morningstar
  1. Network Administrator

I worked at Blue Star (IN) full-time

Pros

Blue Star has a great team and an amazing culture.

Cons

I could not think of anything.

Advice to Management

I seriously could not think of anything. Great place to work.

2. The up and coming place to work in Goshen!

Current Employee - Administrative Asssant in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-You are trained well, expected to do your work without being micro-managed. -The people -The easy going, yet highly productive environment -Games and snacks serve as stress relievers -They care about their reputation and your contentment in the position

Cons

-There is never lack of work (that may be a pro for many)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it's working!

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Development in Niles, MI

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) for more than 2 years

Pros

Great team and supportive culture. Much opportunity due to growth and position in the industry. Allowed to work from my home office in Niles most days.

Cons

located in Goshen which is quite a commute for some of us. the pros overcome this obstacle which is not the companies fault.

4. One of the top employers to work for

Current Employee - Client Network Administrator in Niles, MI

I have been working at Blue Star (IN)

Pros

Great environment to work for. The management is very understanding and take it slow so that you are not inundated with a ton of material. That way you don't feel overwhelmed with too much information all at once. There are mandatory training times so that you can keep up with your knowledge of the changing IT world. Co-workers are some of the best I have worked with. Very knowledgeable and willing to help. The software...

Cons

The only con I can think of is the drive. Goshen is an hour away. But still worth the drive to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! and thank you for the chance to work with you.

5. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good salary and generous bonuses. Up-to-date hardware and software, free to test and experiment. Owner Jon Morningstar actively seeks out new clients. Jon will "fire" a client if truly pushed to the edge. Heath care benefits and HSA card. 401k with generous company match. When Jon seeks out employee opinions and/or advice, it is the real deal, not just lip service. Paid for training and time set...

Cons

Only con is health benefits do not include dental.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the positive attitude toward your employees. Very rare in the 21st century.

I enjoyed working at Blue Star.

I worked at Blue Star (IN) for more than 4 years

Pros

My responsibilities were diverse and challenging and I was encouraged to grow in my area of expertise. The office has a family atmosphere which promotes working together toward common goals. Blue Star is a progressive company which is very client focused.

Cons

Parking is a half block away but you can visit the coffee shop on your way to the office.

7. Great Culture and Job

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) full-time

Pros

From your first day and beyond you feel as though you are part of a team. Blue Star creates a comfortable environment where everyone feels included and valued. From monthly office lunches to company dinners and parties. Our valued employees then create a culture of value to our clients as well. Happy employees = happy clients as well.

Cons

Not really a con but something that we are working on growing and that is the Blue Star "brand". We need to be more proactive at getting our name and what we are about out there for the community and areas around us. There is great potential for growth in this area.

Advice to Management

continue the culture of being valued, from our employees to our clients. I think that really says who we are as a company.

Great company, great management, always pursuing excellence.

Current Employee - Client Network Administrator in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Always looking to improve. Culture of asking questions and finding solutions. - Company (including management) listens, adapts, and changes as the situation arises. This is true of technical issues with clients, internal processes, and internal HR. - Attention to consistent service delivery and quality assurance - Clear goals, vision, and execution execution to make it happen. - Independent company that isn't governed...

Cons

It sometimes takes me over 8 minutes to get to work.

April 7, 2015Office Manager/HR admin

Thank you for your feedback and review!

Come for the stability, stay for the growth.

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- Highly encouraged, fully-paid training opportunities. - Solid growth. - Dependable, intelligent co-workers. - Flexible, forward-thinking management. I've never had a CEO as willing to hear and implement suggestions as this one.

Cons

- Most of our current client base is small-to-mid sized businesses with (often) low IT budgets, so opportunities to work with enterprise level equipment are rare. - It's difficult to find time to capitalize on the training opportunities with our work load.

Advice to Management

We need to hire enough people to handle our reactive and project surge without frequently going into overtime.

April 7, 2015Office Manager/HR admin

Thank you for your feedback and review. Hopefully we can add to our staff and help lessen the work load.

It is the best job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Blue Star (IN) full-time

Pros

They value everyone's opinions. There is a culture of finding solutions as a team. Decisions are not just handed down from management without discussion. There is a good work/life balance here. We all work hard, but there is flexibility and we are still able to make our families a priority.

Cons

We are really busy and continue to add more clients and sell more projects. It seems like every time we hire additional team members we will add a client or two and be just as busy as before.

Advice to Management

Keep providing snacks and monthly lunches. Consider adding yogurt to the provided snacks.

April 7, 2015Office Manager/HR admin

Thank you for your feedback and review. If you have other snack suggestions please let us know!

Found 13 reviews