Blue Star Jets Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Sitomer

1. "Lots of cold calls"

Former Employee - Charter Broker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Charter Broker in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Star Jets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting working with celebs and CEOs

Cons

Commission only, too many motivational meetings

Advice to Management

spread leads around

2. "Could be better managed"

Former Employee - Logistics in Briarwood, NY
    Former Employee - Logistics in Briarwood, NY

I worked at Blue Star Jets (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has great perks. allows people to excel

Cons

their location is dispersed an could do a better job with logistics

Advice to Management

hire people who can lead from bottom up

3. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Naperville, IL

I worked at Blue Star Jets (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible company, relaxed atmosphere, located in a great area of the city close to public transportation. Teaches you time management since you are in charge of making your own money, dial for dollars. You make your own hours, management gives you the freedom with your hours but if you're not on the phone trying to make sales & contacts you're not going to make any money.

Cons

The only con about BSJ would be the pay, its 100% commission and no benefits. You have the chance to make money but its a tough sell.

Advice to Management

Pay some type of wage so the employees have something to live off of. Hard at the end of the week putting in the time and nothing to show for it.

"Great position for entrepreneurially minded and proactive person"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Blue Star Jets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work at the Chicago Office, everyone there is really friendly and open to bounce ideas off of. We all work for commission but really act like a team. The Chicago office does have a training program, material and resources that help you get started. They also provide lists and management is helpful to provide hints and feedback.

Cons

I see a lot of people come in and not understand how to manage there time. I think for some people who need to be actively managed this position may not be for them.

"Private Jet Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Star Jets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Independent freedom in business development. Great opportunity to get hands on experience in cold calling. Great people to work with (co-workers) that are helpful and want to help you get better.

Cons

No on going training, No base salary. No on going feedback. Lack of growth and no real business strategy from management. Private aviation market is over saturated! No good leads from management.

Advice to Management

Give some base salary to employees! Especially when there is a lack of leads coming in to build a business upon.

"I worked at Blue Star Jets"

Former Employee - Jet Broker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Jet Broker in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Star Jets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros: Company is very well known. Wealthy Clients, Prospecting all over the world. Dealing with the 1% of the world. Stuart Lee an excellent trainer and person, who is no longer with the company. I wonder why?

Cons

Cons: I horrible place to be associated with. No training , no leadership, no help what so ever. They expect you to know the information without no type of explanation or training. All they want you to do is cold call all day long. If you have a leasing or selling or buying jet deal, good luck you're on your owned. A very un professional environment. They only support their senior brokers. No leads, if any given to the new brokers. They stay on you regarding cold calls. It seems the only thing they know how to do is cold calling. Ask advice on ( wet, dry, damp ) leasing jets and they think you come from another planet. In other words, they don't know how to do the deal. Make sure if you're going to enter this type of business that you have your saving in place. It takes about a year to get your business going. Also make sure that you safeguard your commission because they will always find ways to take your money without your authorization ( BE WARE ). Charging you fees that is not in your agreement with the company.

Advice to Management

No: I would not recommend this company to a friend or anyone. If they don't change the method in which they conduct business. They will lose quality brokers to the competition. They offer you no incentive to stay with the company. To them you're just a number. Broker leave fast, due to the non support.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Star Jets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Friendly place. Lots of training. Learning a lot

Cons

nothing really, its like you are running your own company so you pretty much are responsible for yourself and your own income

"Great company horrible management"

Former Employee - Private Aviation Broker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Private Aviation Broker in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Star Jets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very high end appeal. Stewart is a great on-boarding trainer Ricky made me feel very comfortable in the interview. Honest and strait forward guys. The knowledge of the industry these guys have is endless. After the inspiration I gained from Stewart Lee I gained employment at NetJets and became one of the highest producing members on my team.

Cons

They only support their senior brokers and give no leads to new employees despite previous experience. When listening to some of the senior brokers I noticed how poorly they sounded and lack of professionalism they had. There was a very lazy attitude where they'd sit around waiting for a new lead to call in. These calls were never routed to new brokers. After training we were literally told to originate new business with no leads. Hundreds of leads came in daily and given only to the seniors. They even make you purchase your own business cards. Again, no support for new employees. There is no base or draw. Make sure you have a good savings before taking a position here.

Advice to Management

Recognize your new talent and give them the resources to be successful. If you give all the leads to warmed over seniors who lack drive and desire to be a superstar, you'll continue to miss great new employees. An employee that is cultivated and given the resources to grow becomes a very loyal member of your team. Additionally they feel a sense of ownership and pride.

"Strictly commission - Difficulty locating clientel"

Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

The clients are wealthy, no sales territory, if you have your own clients you have continued repeat business once you get started. Knowledable management, just not helpful, too people leaving because mgmt not supportive.

Cons

No real training program. You are expected to learn info on your own and get right on the phone immediately by listening to sales calls in the noisy room.

Advice to Management

Implement a training program with sales manager involvement. Know your employees names. Have sales contests, Divide space into cubicles and give emp or some privacy so it does not sound like a call center.

"Marketing Communications Manager"

Pros

Working with Luxury brands setting up amazing event and working them , plus building relationships with other marketing partners.

Cons

The office set up in it self was quite wall street. People had to work for them selves often with out any guidance.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to have a formal training program