Blue Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Administration in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Administration in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that values loyalty. If you succeed and meet expectations there is not limit on where you can go with this company. Positive work environment and great medical/health benefits

Cons

tons of pressure on sales to succeed and no repercussions for those who don't.

Advice to Management

My advice would be hold your staff accountable for not meeting expectations. And realize "a kick in the butt" doesn't necessarily accomplish long term results.

"Was expecting more"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Certain management is fantastic. They truly feel as if they are family and do everything for their employees. Their benefits are better than average. The CEO embraces the mentality of a locally owned business as opposed to selling out and going corporate. Employees come together in times of need, for each other and for charity.

Cons

The company should adopt some policies that are't several decades old. They're having difficulties getting/keeping employees due to unwillingness to change. Some management would rather throw each other under the bus than assist their own teams. Business seems doomed to fail. Large age differences in employees causes conflict.

Advice to Management

There are worse things than tattoos and piercings. Better pay might bring better candidates. Appear to care for departments that aren't sales.

3. "review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

great commission plan. Very rigorous training which makes performing tasks easier when entering the field. great community contributions made by company

Cons

limited room for growth but great room to make money. lack of communication within organization. Majority of managers are children of owners and many aren't performing effectively or efficiently.

Advice to Management

hire people who are qualified for management positions not just children. keep up the community involvement and commission plan.

5. "Inside scoop"

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time

Pros

The company is old school with some things and that's a huge positive! For example, if you work smart and get results, you will be rewarded. However, if you want to join a place where average is accepted, keep looking.
    Other old school concepts like loyalty, discipline and constantly looking to improve are still alive and well.

Is there pressure to deliver results? Yes!
    Is there an expectation that you will get your job done? Yes!

They hired a guy last year to help run the place. He is really demanding of his team and some of the people who used to slack off a bunch didn't like him at first because he actually made them work. He seems to have high expectations of the everyone and doesn't seem to allow the bar to be lowered. Some people love it, others don't. That guy also hired a new project guy who makes sure things get done right. Again, some people don't like the idea, but I've only seen us get stuff done with even better quality and faster. I think the new guy is going to inject some energy into some of us.

A few months go, one of the owners who used to work out of another office started showing up at our office. I heard some people say they didn't like him either because he also had too high of expectations... But that's why it's a pro...because who wants to work for a company that accepts low standards? I don't and that's why I stay.

They train people all the time and you can stay with the company a long time if you are great at your job.

The other good stuff is the work life balance... I leave nearly on time everyday and only see a few cars left in the lot. The benefits are great and the owner cares about the people who work for him. There are great events like the July party and Christmas party.

Cons

They should not allow people to smoke near the rear door.

Some of the slackers are also negative and that spreads to others. Probably only 2-3 bad apples, but they seem to drag us all down. Wish they would just leave already.

The new guy they hired should spend more time helping us with our internal operations... Seems like he is always meeting with customers or helping them.

No employee ownership plan... that would help get the slackers out and keep people like me.

Advice to Management

You might want to do an anonymous survey of your employees... The good and bad might not be what you think.

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The ability to earn Net New business and feel the accomplishment of succeeding. Building strong rapport for future clients at the same time making sure my current customers are more than happy with my product and the services we provide.

Cons

The structure of the company is weak. I feel as though I am a work horse with a saddle on its back not allowing me to earn more business like I strive to do.

Advice to Management

Look at why their employees may not last more than a year. Turn around time is terrible.

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your feedback on Blue's sales position! While we strive to provide the best tools for success, such as ongoing training and resources like our CRM, your feedback indicates to me that ... More

"Terrible company with despondent workforce"

Current Employee - Technical Team in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Team in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is difficult to think of any. There is a midsummer party with terrible food.

Cons

Worst company I have every worked for. Constant oral sex jokes from the sales staff, intimidation and demands of after-hours work without compensation, completely pathetic internal technology. 50 Windows XP machines still running, and they sell themselves as a technology company.
    The staff is so overwhelmingly negative and depressed it is palatable when you walk in the building. There are no windows in the whole place. The noncompete you must sign upon hiring stipulates that any and all ideas you have during or after work hours are the property of the company. Salary for technical staff is 20 - 50% below market and no performance reviews happen.
    You may take vacation the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the month only, and you may not roll over vacation time year to year.

Advice to Management

Get out of the managed services space. You have absolutely no idea what you are doing, and the quality of the service you are providing is at best embarrassing, at worst criminal.

Jun 30, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We here at Blue Technologies were surprised and alarmed to hear of inappropriate language and interactions that do not coincide with Blue's high standards of conduct. I ... More

8. "Marketing/PR Intern"

Current Employee - Marketing/PR Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing/PR Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I gained some very valuable experience from being an intern at Blue. Great and fun office environment.

Cons

Flow of information from upper management sometimes takes a while to trickle down.

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your feedback on our marketing internship! We're thrilled you felt you gained valuable experience here, and had fun in our office. We also appreciate your note on upper management flow ... More

9. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary plus commissions. Great manager in the Columbus office but all the owners/managers are awesome! They really care about their sales staff and take good care of them. Great opportunity in the Columbus market and endless opportunities to make great money!

Cons

Tough business. You have to have thick skin to do this job. You have to be ready and willing to put in 110% effort and be self motivated.

10. "Successful company that has high standards, great reputation in community"

Current Employee - Marketing in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with - all are friendly, knowledgeable about their roles, and dedicated to doing good work. They're always willing to help me out as I've gotten settled in, whether its learning industry terms and technology or just helping me with a paper jam.

They translate this level of excellence to our customers. Blue leadership truly values high business morals, and walks the walk when it comes to the company's "Commitment to Excellence." Those who are willing to uphold these high standards and put in the work necessary to meet sales expectations thrive here, with excellent benefits including commission opportunities, incentive prizes, all-expenses-paid incentive trips, etc.

On the marketing side, the company is very open to fresh perspectives and is striving to stay on top of current trends, as with other areas of the business. I love the collaborative atmosphere and room for creative freedom. The company is in strong growth phrase, and it's exciting to be a part of this momentum! We work hard, but we also have fun!

It's great to be a part of an organization with such a great reputation in the community, as well. When I network, most people tapped into the Cleveland business scene have heard of Blue, and hold it and its leadership in high regard. Blue also has a strong community service tie that adds to this positive image. I'm always proud when I tell people where I work.

Cons

There are clearly set expectations of employees here, particularly sales reps. You need to have the willingness and independent drive to meet quotas, make cold calls, and stay knowledgeable about industry technology. If you don't have that kind of personality and ambition, then this isn't the place for you. And laziness sure won't survive here for long.

Advice to Management

Management has made efforts to reexamine policies to "keep up with the times," and has made great strides to appeal to millennials in particular. As a small example, the "panty hose" policy I've seen mentioned on here has been abolished. I look forward to seeing this positive evolution continue!

"Less berating more building"

Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Blue Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company offers a decent salary and carries a good product line. Good facility and entertaining Christmas parties

Cons

Meetings are belittling and upper management beats their people up. A lot of smoke and mirrors in the compensation department

Advice to Management

Use constructive criticism to build up your team rather than ripping them down and expecting good results.