Blue (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Glad I gave Blue a chance!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Blue (UK) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the team environment here at Blue. Reaching the next step of advancement is all about hitting your goals. Put in the effort and you can get where you want to go. Here you can get the experience you need especially as a new college grad. I love the work events we have like our office nights. It allows you to get to know your co-workers and have fun at work.

Cons

Sometimes I work a little later to hit my goals, but I know if I work on my time management, I can hit my goals in even less than my scheduled hours.

2. "Fun people who will suck you in with "culture" and unethical recruiting/hiring practices."

I worked at Blue (UK) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is fun and exciting

Cons

Lying to potential employees about the role and compensation
    Somewhat of a cult feel (culture is fun, but forced and necessary to keep people around)
    Unrealistic expectations given to employees
    Cydor (the parents company) practices, in general, are not great

Advice to Management

Be upfront with the role during the hiring process. Job descriptions are incredibly deceptive and interviews are not any better. People are less likely to leave if the come in knowing exactly what to expect. Lying does not do you any favors.

"A great learning experience for recent grad"

Pros

This was the first job interview I received out of college with a history major from a mediocre university. I put up my resume on monster.com and received a phone call for this company the next day. I was excited by the job description saying it was a great opportunity for recent graduates looking for work. When I went into the interview I quickly realized the job description was extremely misleading. They sold themselves as an ad agencies however it became obvious it was a door to door sales position. I highly recommended recent graduate take the interview to realize this type of scam that is very common with companies posting on hiring sites.

Cons

Do not be fooled by the job description

Advice to Management

It's wrong how you are misleading honest people looking for work. I believe you should be more straight forward with your job description. You are wasting many people's money and time.

"Are you funny??"

I worked at Blue (UK) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice. Not much else

Cons

Deceptive company. They target recent college grads with catchy slogans claiming they are hiring for a management position. In reality it is 60+ hours of commission based door to door sales.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent

"Working at Blue Inc."

Pros

It was a cool enviornment and challenging. I worked there for 8 months and was promoted in just 13 days to be a leader. It simple, hit your sales goal and you will go to leadership. In leadership you will learn to teach and coach others.

Cons

They make you believe it is much more then what it really is. They call it a "management training program" but in reality you spend 3 hours in meetings in the morning getting brainwashed with the same sales techniques. They call it "being replicable" I call it brainwashing to make us all the same. They tell you about how much money you can make in such a short time. I was the top sales guy there many weeks and never made over $400 a week (usually 60+ hours). Actually, I made more than $400 a week but had to split my commission with the people I trained. They did nothing but watch most of the time. The other 7 hours a day are spent knocking on doors selling ATT Uverse. It is true cold calling. Builds thick skin because you get yelled at a bunch. This would be a great job if you like working long hours, not getting paid much, not seeing your family/significant other, and being the 2% who become an office manager and make 70-80k by putting people through the aforementioned.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

"It was a good first job"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

everyone is young, so the atmosphere was good. No one was looking over my shoulder to make sure I was working. I liked that I got paid weekly, made the week easier to deal with, knowing I'd be paid on Friday.

Cons

I was not a fan of working Saturdays. Some of the training sessions become pretty repetitive. Some of the clients aren't always the nicest to deal with, but that can happen anywhere.

7. "Working at Blue Inc"

Pros

Friendly colleagues and good work/life balance

Cons

lack of bonus or incentives

8. ""Overworked under payed""

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Blue (UK) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly cant think of any, if you're lucky you might find yourself working with decent colleagues.

good cardio, they make you lift boxes from the delivery van and carry them all into the stock room which takes a toll on your back and stairs really give u a good workout every time you need to grab shoes for a customer.

your body begins to get used to the freezing cold stock room. managers just play it off with a joke...

Cons

Awful pay, you might not even get paid for hours you've actually worked.

even when there are no customers in the shop u cant even rest your legs or even ask your colleagues how they're doing without being told to stop talking.

working 9-6 with an unpaid hour break id rather not have, as well as staying late to cash up and do other monotonous tasks like cutting boxes or moping the whole shop floor.

most days expect to stay for an extra half an hour if not more, again unpaid.

wouldn't be surprised if the store closes down. the company itself is really dodgy too.

reconsider this job unless your doing literally nothing or have free time on the weekends while studying. everywhere else will pay much more in comparison. £7 an hour for people aged over 23... if not your likely getting like £4-£5ph.

Advice to Management

If your not happy with your current staff members why not hire new staff who will actually do the manual labor you want them to do.

Improve the clothing; the reason people don't buy anything from you is because all your clothes are super tacky and ugly. even with the discount I have never bought anything from the store. considering everything in the store is always on sale and reduced by 50% most of the time i still wouldn't buy anything.

Stop treating your staff so poorly, "Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients."

9. "Very poor management"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Some stock was ok and 50% uniform discount was good. My store manager was great

Cons

The head office operation was very poor with very limited communication to the stores. VM instructions were weak and lacked any thought l

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff more and buy some better stock like good jeans.

10. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Blue (UK) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent boss, lots of autonomy to grow sales

Cons

Systems very backwards which makes simple tasks time consuming

Advice to Management

Update systems