Blue Wave Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Blue Wave Solutions Reviews

2.3
Eric Olson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "small but good company"

Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

easy to work with, was on a 12 month contract had good experience working with my recruiter, setting everything up with the client was made easy and done for me.

Cons

location of the office was far north LA

2. "Rinky-Dink Staffing Firm, Labor Law Violations Run-Amok"

Former Employee - Senior Database Developer in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Database Developer in Agoura Hills, CA

Pros

Found a job matching my skill set. And found a client-firm where I got along with the in-house staff.

Cons

Rinky-dink firm. No health benefits. No 401K plan/contributions. No training/investment for the future. Labor law violations. Misclassification as independent contractor instead of common-law-employee. This company is a joke. Totally focused on the short-term dollar and not the long-term damage they do. Former CEO, Eric Olson left the company in Sep 2013, and then went to work for Belcan in Colorado. However, when you look up his profile on LinkedIn, this recruiting stint no longer appears there, and you will see a huge gap in between Sep 2013 and his current gig starting May 2015. That should tell you a lot. Current CEO is Rene Sedivy. He doesn't return calls and when you ask for his attorney, Blue Wave Staff will tell you, "I can't tell you that." haha.

Anyone who is owed wages can file a wage claim with the Labor Commissioner against Blue Wave and the client-firm as I have done. In my case the client firm was well aware of Blue Wave's illegal practices.

Advice to Management

Consider ending all your illegal practices before the government decides to make an example of you by lodging criminal charges.

"Ripped off by Bluewave"

Former Employee - Communications Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Communications Engineer in El Segundo, CA

Pros

They processed time card and things were okay for a while

Cons

Towards the end of 1014 they stopped paying me. They did not pay me for about three months of work. All the while they claimed that the company I contracted with did not pay their bills on time.

Advice to Management

Pay employees, stop ripping off your clients

"Highly disappointed - did not get paid as promised."

Former Contractor - Former Contractor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Former Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Blue Wave Solutions as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Before they ran into financial difficulties, things were running pretty smooth.

Cons

They are currently having financial difficulties and considering bankruptcy. Blue Wave's legal staff mentioned this directly to my attorney so I am not spreading false rumors. I am able to share this information legally. Please be careful before working with Blue Wave and getting into an unfortunate situation of not getting paid for your hard work.

Advice to Management

Manage your books better and pay your obligations as promised. Don't take money from the client and not pass it on to your contractors that worked hard for that money.

"Smooth agent"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Blue Wave Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

they take care of all the paper work that makes things easier

Cons

besides thanksgiving, there is no company activities

Advice to Management

n/a

"Great company to work for !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

if you are looking to surrund yourself with good smart people, have success, make a decent living, than this is it..

Cons

the company is small, so room for advancement is very minimal, but that is what I like in working with small firms, the abiltiy to handle a larger role, have your voice heard...

Advice to Management

none