BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Biostatistical Research Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Biostatistical Research Analyst Reviews

Updated Dec 17, 2016

5.0
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee President & CEO J.D. Hickey, M.D (no image)
J.D. Hickey, M.D
1 Rating
  1. "Great company to work for - great benefits, amazing corporate campus, and great company leadership."

Current Employee - Biostatistical Research Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, corporate campus, company leadership, on-site gym, doctor's office, and pharmacy. 401k matching is 7.5% (if employee contributes at least 5%).

Cons

Sometimes things can be slowed down due to bureaucracy and being in the Deep South sometimes things operate a bit old school (in terms of corporate culture).

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee2016-12-18
  2. "Great place to work overall"

Current Employee - Biostatistical Research Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous PTO, great work/life balance

Cons

Salary not up to par with other companies, benefits good but not great for a health insurance company

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee2016-10-25

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Response

July 21, 2017Director, Total Rewards

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you think this is a great place to work overall. We want to make sure we are in a great position to provide opportunities for employees to develop a career here, so we examine our salaries on a regular basis. For example, we compare our salary midpoints against market data for benchmark jobs to make sure it’s competitive in the marketplace. And each year we adjust salary structures as needed to ensure this competitiveness.

"Times are changing."

Current Employee - Biostatistical Research Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many opportunities in various divisions. Wellness benefits are actively encouraged. Good people are coworkers. Learning paths are available.

Cons

Benefits are stripped away each year, pay is below market average, and job security is not what it used to be. Politics abound.

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee2013-04-25

"Good going to mediocre"

Current Employee - Biostatistical Research Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Chances to advance and acquire more education. Management can be very flexible. The gym is free!

Cons

This used to be a great company. Great benefits compensated for the average salaries. Benefits are now being stripped away. Salaries are still average. Worst of all, the job security is not so secure. We are becoming just another mediocre corporation.

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee2012-10-12
  5. "Good place to work, lots of opportunity"

Former Employee - Associate Biostatistical Research Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relatively large company, good benefits, good location, onsite wellness center, variety in workload, exposure to people throughout organization, training opportunities, room to grow

Cons

micro-management at the time, some frustration when trying to look for other internal opportunities, some excessive expectations of employees to work beyond a "standard" working day

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee2012-06-25
  6. "good work environment and benefit"

Associate Biostatistical Research Analyst

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

Pros

relax, nice people, benefit is good.

Cons

It is not easy to have a promotion

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee2012-03-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews