BlueGrace Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
BlueGrace Logistics President & CEO Bobby Harris
Bobby Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We have free beer Fridays and opportunity for rewards" (in 15 reviews)

• "Free beer friday, and my coworkers" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "no real cons as long as you embrace chaos" (in 5 reviews)

• "A few weeks a year in PTO isn't going to cut it for a decent work-life balance" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Exceptional Company, Exceptional Culture"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Riverview, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture centered around growth and teamwork. Employees have the flexibility to drive career and personal goals. Managers are typically receptive and in tune with challenges surrounding their team and work towards driving efficiency. BlueGrace is the sort of company that will take on hungry and tenacious employees and give them an opportunity to build an actual career in the logistics sector. The company has been growing consistently since I started in 2016 with no signs of slowing down. This is possible because of effective management from the top and a service that actually excites people.

Cons

One of the company's core values is "Embrace Chaos". If you do not thrive in that type of environment where a company is continually growing and changing, this would probably not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "4 years in and it just keeps getting better!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Operations Manager in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Operations Manager in Riverview, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible work life balance - no weekends, most holidays off and very generous vacation time

Career growth - I started in sales here at BG, and if I had wanted to continue down path and keep growing my book of business to increase my commissions payouts I absolutely had that option, but one of the best things about BlueGrace is that there are so many different roles in the company you can start in one place and still have the opportunity to move into a completely different role if it fits your skills or personality better.

Great compensation - if you're in sales making $100K a year isn't just an empty dream, with a good work ethic it's completely possible. UNCAPPED COMMISSION, and if you're going into a different role the comp is much better than similar companies in the area.

Great culture - I'm an introvert, but your peers and leadership team at BlueGrace will pull your social side out of you. We have fun culture events almost every month, free beer every Friday at 3PM and a lot of us meet up after work to just hang out and unwind from the week. It also feels good to take part in the various charitable activities. So far this year we've donated 60K lbs of pet food, helped in the building of 2 houses and we're about to start collecting backpacks for kids going back to school.

STOP READING AND APPLY!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Anytime that I have any concerns they were immediately addressed, and honestly BG goes above and beyond what people should expect from an employer.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep a healthy balance of promoting talent from within, as well as bringing in fresh talent from outside of the company.

3. "Carrier Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary. Good commission compared to other logistics companies. The office looks clean and new.

Cons

Terrible office culture. Some employees yell too much and discuss each other's personal lives. Inappropriate jokes and toilet humor are a norm.

Advice to Management

You need to improve your office culture and make it comfortable for the people that actually want to work.

4. "EDR"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

The culture is different and amazing

Cons

I don’t have any cons really

Advice to Management

Benefits are expensive

5. "Awesome company to work for!"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything you can think of.

Cons

They make you go home everyday

May 11, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your recent review of BlueGrace Logistics. We are glad you are enjoying working here so much, and great news! Even though you have to go home, you are always welcome back the next day.

6. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Riverview, FL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people and environment. Glad I was able to work for them!

Cons

Things change quite often in this industry so be open to changes.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do in embracing th caos and improving yourselves every day!

Mar 13, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your recent review of BlueGrace Logistics. You nailed it! We strive to “embrace chaos” while providing our employees with a great environment, leadership, coworkers and culture. We will... More

7. "Explosive Growth"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Manager

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Solid Leadership
    -Offices throughout the country
    -Company is really moving in the right direction
    -A lot of room to grow within the company
    -Solid Pay

Cons

-Benefits are so - so

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing I love the positiveness and growth throughout the offices. Bobby seems to have a good grasp on where he wants to take the company. Hiring Mark Ford was something that was necessary for growing TL department .

Mar 13, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your positive review of BlueGrace Logistics! We are glad to hear you are enjoying being a part of our team! We would agree that we are moving in the right direction through the many... More

"BG"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

Hyper growth. Great culture. Best place to work.

Cons

With hyper growth comes a lot of changes. You must be ready to embrace chaos when it arrives.

Feb 8, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review of BlueGrace Logistics and we thank you for your approval of our CEO, Bobby Harris. He is an incredible leader! We are happy to hear you are... More

9. "Account Executive"

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

Great Culture in this company

Cons

Tough work and life balance

Advice to Management

No real advice to offer

Jan 16, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your recent review of BlueGrace Logistics. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our culture! It is unlike any other and continues to strengthen and flourish as we grow. We wish you the best... More

10. "Great Place To Work"

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

Company is very military friendly and goes above and beyond for their employees that are currently in the reserves. Also, the companies culture and dedication to the care of their employees was great!

Cons

Only con would have to be vacation days are use or lose and cannot be sold or rolled over

Nov 14, 2017 – Director Of Marketing

First off, we thank you for your service. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience while working here. Your review provides a perfect example of what we strive to achieve. A positive, fun... More