BlueGrace Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

BlueGrace Logistics President & CEO Bobby Harris
Bobby Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "no real cons as long as you embrace chaos" (in 6 reviews)

• "Very disrespectful upper management" (in 4 reviews)

1. "A hyper-growth opportunity"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, with a truly unique culture
    Constantly provided a opportunity for autonomy and to expand my responsibilities
    The company gives back to the community - pretty awesome to be a part of that
    It's a coveted environment... all of my friends want to work here
    Several programs that provide a platform to speak with leadership, have your voice heard

Cons

Hyper-growth company means growing pains. Still working on developing true paths for employee development.

2. "Great Starting Job"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

- Knew nothing about logistics when I was first hired, company does a great job helping you learn about the industry
    - people here are outgoing and friendly
    - good salary and bonuses
    - company helps raise awareness for good causes

Cons

This job can have an effect on you if you get discouraged easily. Have to bring a 100 percent everyday.

"The people really make the company"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BlueGrace sticks to its 5 core values above all else: 1) Be Caring of All Others, 2) Simplify, 3) Pursue Outrageous Goals, 4) Embrace Chaos, 5) Be Happy, Humble and Have Fun. I have been here about 2 years and have seen each one of those core values put to use daily – whether in day-to-day tasks or within the culture. The second you walk into BlueGrace for your interview, you take a tour of the office and the high-energy environment is prominent. It is one of the things that attracted me to the company and made me want to work here. The people really make the company and even when you might not be having the best work day, the culture and your co-workers definitely make it better. From holidays, to charities/fundraisers, to theme days, there is always something going on around the office to help get everyone involved and get to know people in other departments. The company is rapidly growing and it is an exciting time to be a part of an organization that is constantly evolving and expanding.

Cons

Since the company is continuously growing, you have to be accepting to change. Embrace Chaos is definitely a core value the company emphasizes which can make working here either exciting or stressful depending on how open to change you are.

4. "Great Place to Work, better people to work with!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BlueGrace is a vibrant , fast paced, high energy workplace. Employees and Employer genuinely care for each other.

Cons

If you like quiet and reserved, this is the wrong place.

"Less than mediocre"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 hr lunch
    Location
    Co workers
    Base pay
    New office

Cons

Since this location is brand new and the company is still relatively new, it’s bound to have some cons. Management plays favortism and unprofessional. Company doesn’t respect hard work ethic. Would prefer the quantity amount of calls than the quality. Benefits are expensive and you only get 10 days of pto, but work 50+ hours a week. Since it’s a new company they give you a nice little base pay, but the amount of loads that can be moved can be hard. There were days where no loads could have been moved, so you were there all day just doing nothing. Communication with managers and co workers were hard because communication was through email and microsoft teams. Sometimes managers wouldn’t even reply and that could cost you a big profit. There are many other logistics companies that you are better off working for than Blue Grace. Only thing i see better about this company is the slightly higher basepay.

Advice to Management

Respect your carrier sales team more. Without them, there won’t be a you.

Sep 17, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

We appreciate you taking the time to review your employment at BlueGrace's brand new Chicago Loop location. We are committed to creating an exciting, rewarding and comfortable environment for all of... More

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics (More than 3 years)

Pros

To start, let me say that I have been with BlueGrace since Feb 9th, 2015 and will be leaving in a week specifically to continue my education on a full time scale. I don't like having my actual name on these searchable sites, but I have left plenty of details so that my team and leadership can easily identify exactly who I am.

BlueGrace is a growing company, meaning that there have been growing pains in the past, but my review is about current state.

Onto the Pros:
    - Large opportunity to make an impact with your business area.
    - Support structure in place to help resolve cross business area conflicts
    - There is a lot talent in IT and I have always felt like I could ask anyone a process, knowledge, or systems question
    - Access to the C-Suite when needed (for approvals or gaining their vision for the future of their respective areas)
    - Flexibility, just in general. If you have a problem or emergency, just talk to your leader. There is a very high chance something can be worked out.
    - Growth. BlueGrace is still a growing company and there are plenty of opportunities to prove yourself and move around. I started out over 3 years ago at a role in operations that was below an entry level customer support rep. In less than a year I had received leadership training then transitioned into the IT department. Most companies struggle to promote from within, that is not the case here. External hires are primarily used to help improve or reinforce an area that has been identified as needing more expertise or experience. I am extremely grateful for all the opportunities I have been encouraged and allowed to take on.

In short, if you want to have a hands-on impact with a product, process, or people and you have a drive to lead, this is a pretty solid spot to be.

Cons

I do not really have too many cons, they are mainly little things that do not really have too strong of an effect on my day to day or make me want to leave.

- Placement of our department. Currently we are right in the middle of the building. During our last renovation, rumor had it we were supposed to be in our own segment and kind of away from the high traffic and noise of the other business areas, which would have been awesome.
    - The music, I get why music is pumped throughout the whole building, but it's target audience is not IT and it can be distracting at times. That said, this is easily fixed with some good earbuds.

Advice to Management

I deliver my advice to them in person when the need arises, so I do not really have anything to say here. No matter where your place of business is, if you cannot do the same, I would advise you to try it out. If you do not feel like you are being heard, there is a good chance the person above them will listen. This is not a problem I have ever had here at BlueGrace.

"A passionate culture"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at BlueGrace. The people here overwhelming feel like friends and family. It is a very passionate culture where individuals are asked to be caring of all others. We are growing rapidly, which can cause a little bit of chaos from time to time, but nothing that hard work and communication cannot overcome. We have access to many extracurricular activities that we can participate in as a group or on our own, inside and outside of the office. It is really a fantastic place to come to every day if you are willing to be happy, humble and have fun.

Cons

Tampa does not have a public transportation system. Coming from a major city, you will have to get used to commuting back and forth via car each day. The company does have hundreds of parking spots, so parking a few feet from the building is not a problem, but there are no options other than driving.

8. "Vibrant, Energetic & Innovative"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Itasca, IL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hyper growth company with an excellent culture and plethora of experience in the logistics industry. Technology focused solutions. Positive work environment. Career oriented. Personal and professional development opportunities providing all tools needed to succeed.

Cons

Competitive industry, however, BlueGrace technology solutions and process development strategies provide the opportunity to differentiate in the space.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees that aspire to move up within the company.

"Good foot in the door, long term outlook concerned me"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Riverview, FL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I know the company is very aggressive with removing less than stellar reviews so i will try to remain as impartial as possible!

Co-workers were great.

Developers are located in the office (on shore).

Location makes it easy to get to.

Pretty casual atmosphere, "first date" attire.

Right out of college demographic for most of the workplace. I guess this could be considered a negative to some?

Flexible hours/start time.

Cons

90% of the floor is sales driven so it can be loud between calls/music being played.

I personally was hired as a Business Analyst but that probably should not have been the title for the role. 90% of the day ended up just being an amanuensis for C Suite personnel notes. My role diminished fairly quickly after starting.

I was not given the opportunity to meet with the business for requests, analyze current procedures for possible changes for efficiency or implement any changes. Reluctance of upper management to change inefficient ways things were being done. E.g. Instead of making use of VSTS for bug tracking, bugs were sent over an excel sheet VIA daily email.

No emphasis placed on documentation. When i started, there was no documentation for any of the applications or any company procedures.

Advice to Management

There seems to be a reluctance of long tenured upper management to let go of certain aspects of the job. I would re-evaluate the need to hire so many business analysts, for example, if the c-suite will continue to make the decisions on development paths, what does/does not get done, etc and disregard the stakeholders requests.

After my role had diminished, I had found a great opportunity to continue my career growth and had put in my two weeks. I was treated pretty badly by C Suite after placing my two weeks notice. After sending my notice I was asked to leave the building immediately, which in and of itself is not that odd but anyone else who has placed theirs was given the ability to work out their two weeks.

There seemed to be some good intentions with hiring people outside of the company with real world job experience after the investment into the company but at the end of the day felt like they were checking off a box to say it was done. Bringing in people from outside the of company into these positions but not taking their advice from years of real-world experience seemed counter productive.

With roughly 10-15 layoffs (confirmed through off-boarding emails) before the end of Q3, I can't help but make my own assumptions of what my future would have been for myself and the future of the company.

Aug 7, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your thorough review of BlueGrace, we appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the environment in our Tampa office and we agree the excitement can get loud in the sales area... More

10. "Representative"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture at first . Tight knit

Cons

Always changing, only care about top performers

Advice to Management

Know how to manage a team

Aug 15, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had an unsatisfactory experience while working at BlueGrace, and want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Our company continues to grow and develop... More