BlueGrace Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
BlueGrace Logistics President & CEO Bobby Harris
Bobby Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We have free beer Fridays and opportunity for rewards" (in 15 reviews)

• "Nice work environment and great people" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "no real cons as long as you embrace chaos" (in 5 reviews)

• "Very disrespectful upper management" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Vibrant, Energetic & Innovative"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Itasca, IL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hyper growth company with an excellent culture and plethora of experience in the logistics industry. Technology focused solutions. Positive work environment. Career oriented. Personal and professional development opportunities providing all tools needed to succeed.

Cons

Competitive industry, however, BlueGrace technology solutions and process development strategies provide the opportunity to differentiate in the space.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees that aspire to move up within the company.

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics (More than 3 years)

Pros

To start, let me say that I have been with BlueGrace since Feb 9th, 2015 and will be leaving in a week specifically to continue my education on a full time scale. I don't like having my actual name on these searchable sites, but I have left plenty of details so that my team and leadership can easily identify exactly who I am.

BlueGrace is a growing company, meaning that there have been growing pains in the past, but my review is about current state.

Onto the Pros:
    - Large opportunity to make an impact with your business area.
    - Support structure in place to help resolve cross business area conflicts
    - There is a lot talent in IT and I have always felt like I could ask anyone a process, knowledge, or systems question
    - Access to the C-Suite when needed (for approvals or gaining their vision for the future of their respective areas)
    - Flexibility, just in general. If you have a problem or emergency, just talk to your leader. There is a very high chance something can be worked out.
    - Growth. BlueGrace is still a growing company and there are plenty of opportunities to prove yourself and move around. I started out over 3 years ago at a role in operations that was below an entry level customer support rep. In less than a year I had received leadership training then transitioned into the IT department. Most companies struggle to promote from within, that is not the case here. External hires are primarily used to help improve or reinforce an area that has been identified as needing more expertise or experience. I am extremely grateful for all the opportunities I have been encouraged and allowed to take on.

In short, if you want to have a hands-on impact with a product, process, or people and you have a drive to lead, this is a pretty solid spot to be.

Cons

I do not really have too many cons, they are mainly little things that do not really have too strong of an effect on my day to day or make me want to leave.

- Placement of our department. Currently we are right in the middle of the building. During our last renovation, rumor had it we were supposed to be in our own segment and kind of away from the high traffic and noise of the other business areas, which would have been awesome.
    - The music, I get why music is pumped throughout the whole building, but it's target audience is not IT and it can be distracting at times. That said, this is easily fixed with some good earbuds.

Advice to Management

I deliver my advice to them in person when the need arises, so I do not really have anything to say here. No matter where your place of business is, if you cannot do the same, I would advise you to try it out. If you do not feel like you are being heard, there is a good chance the person above them will listen. This is not a problem I have ever had here at BlueGrace.

"A passionate culture"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at BlueGrace. The people here overwhelming feel like friends and family. It is a very passionate culture where individuals are asked to be caring of all others. We are growing rapidly, which can cause a little bit of chaos from time to time, but nothing that hard work and communication cannot overcome. We have access to many extracurricular activities that we can participate in as a group or on our own, inside and outside of the office. It is really a fantastic place to come to every day if you are willing to be happy, humble and have fun.

Cons

Tampa does not have a public transportation system. Coming from a major city, you will have to get used to commuting back and forth via car each day. The company does have hundreds of parking spots, so parking a few feet from the building is not a problem, but there are no options other than driving.

"Good foot in the door, long term outlook concerned me"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Riverview, FL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I know the company is very aggressive with removing less than stellar reviews so i will try to remain as impartial as possible!

Co-workers were great.

Developers are located in the office (on shore).

Location makes it easy to get to.

Pretty casual atmosphere, "first date" attire.

Right out of college demographic for most of the workplace. I guess this could be considered a negative to some?

Flexible hours/start time.

Cons

90% of the floor is sales driven so it can be loud between calls/music being played.

I personally was hired as a Business Analyst but that probably should not have been the title for the role. 90% of the day ended up just being an amanuensis for C Suite personnel notes. My role diminished fairly quickly after starting.

I was not given the opportunity to meet with the business for requests, analyze current procedures for possible changes for efficiency or implement any changes. Reluctance of upper management to change inefficient ways things were being done. E.g. Instead of making use of VSTS for bug tracking, bugs were sent over an excel sheet VIA daily email.

No emphasis placed on documentation. When i started, there was no documentation for any of the applications or any company procedures.

Advice to Management

There seems to be a reluctance of long tenured upper management to let go of certain aspects of the job. I would re-evaluate the need to hire so many business analysts, for example, if the c-suite will continue to make the decisions on development paths, what does/does not get done, etc and disregard the stakeholders requests.

After my role had diminished, I had found a great opportunity to continue my career growth and had put in my two weeks. I was treated pretty badly by C Suite after placing my two weeks notice. After sending my notice I was asked to leave the building immediately, which in and of itself is not that odd but anyone else who has placed theirs was given the ability to work out their two weeks.

There seemed to be some good intentions with hiring people outside of the company with real world job experience after the investment into the company but at the end of the day felt like they were checking off a box to say it was done. Bringing in people from outside the of company into these positions but not taking their advice from years of real-world experience seemed counter productive.

With roughly 10-15 layoffs (confirmed through off-boarding emails) before the end of Q3, I can't help but make my own assumptions of what my future would have been for myself and the future of the company.

Aug 7, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your thorough review of BlueGrace, we appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the environment in our Tampa office and we agree the excitement can get loud in the sales area... More

5. "Representative"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture at first . Tight knit

Cons

Always changing, only care about top performers

Advice to Management

Know how to manage a team

Aug 15, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had an unsatisfactory experience while working at BlueGrace, and want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Our company continues to grow and develop... More

6. "Exceptional Company, Exceptional Culture"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Riverview, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture centered around growth and teamwork. Employees have the flexibility to drive career and personal goals. Managers are typically receptive and in tune with challenges surrounding their team and work towards driving efficiency. BlueGrace is the sort of company that will take on hungry and tenacious employees and give them an opportunity to build an actual career in the logistics sector. The company has been growing consistently since I started in 2016 with no signs of slowing down. This is possible because of effective management from the top and a service that actually excites people.

Cons

One of the company's core values is "Embrace Chaos". If you do not thrive in that type of environment where a company is continually growing and changing, this would probably not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jul 25, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review BlueGrace! It's important to us that our employees feel they have opportunities to grow and develop while they're here at BlueGrace, and even more... More

7. "4 years in and it just keeps getting better!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Operations Manager in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Operations Manager in Riverview, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible work life balance - no weekends, most holidays off and very generous vacation time

Career growth - I started in sales here at BG, and if I had wanted to continue down path and keep growing my book of business to increase my commissions payouts I absolutely had that option, but one of the best things about BlueGrace is that there are so many different roles in the company you can start in one place and still have the opportunity to move into a completely different role if it fits your skills or personality better.

Great compensation - if you're in sales making $100K a year isn't just an empty dream, with a good work ethic it's completely possible. UNCAPPED COMMISSION, and if you're going into a different role the comp is much better than similar companies in the area.

Great culture - I'm an introvert, but your peers and leadership team at BlueGrace will pull your social side out of you. We have fun culture events almost every month, free beer every Friday at 3PM and a lot of us meet up after work to just hang out and unwind from the week. It also feels good to take part in the various charitable activities. So far this year we've donated 60K lbs of pet food, helped in the building of 2 houses and we're about to start collecting backpacks for kids going back to school.

STOP READING AND APPLY!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Anytime that I have any concerns they were immediately addressed, and honestly BG goes above and beyond what people should expect from an employer.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep a healthy balance of promoting talent from within, as well as bringing in fresh talent from outside of the company.

Jul 24, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

Wow! We truly appreciate this detailed 5-Star review of BlueGrace. It's incredibly apparent that you are a true culture fit in our company and that you've taken advantage of the many career... More

8. "Carrier Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary. Good commission compared to other logistics companies. The office looks clean and new.

Cons

Terrible office culture. Some employees yell too much and discuss each other's personal lives. Inappropriate jokes and toilet humor are a norm.

Advice to Management

You need to improve your office culture and make it comfortable for the people that actually want to work.

Jul 25, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

Thank you for your review of your experience working at BlueGrace. We truly appreciate your feedback and the advice to improve office culture and working environments is not taken lightly - we'll be... More

9. "EDR"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

The culture is different and amazing

Cons

I don’t have any cons really

Advice to Management

Benefits are expensive

Jul 24, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit a 5 Star review! It's so important that our employees enjoy the culture and environment they work in every day. We continue to work with our team... More

10. "Awesome company to work for!"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything you can think of.

Cons

They make you go home everyday

May 11, 2018 – Director Of Marketing

Thank you for your recent review of BlueGrace Logistics. We are glad you are enjoying working here so much, and great news! Even though you have to go home, you are always welcome back the next day.