BlueGrace Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

BlueGrace Logistics President & CEO Bobby Harris
Bobby Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "no real cons as long as you embrace chaos" (in 6 reviews)

• "Very disrespectful upper management" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Carrier Sales Representative"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

- Great group of people to work with on a daily basis
    - Culture is competitive, fun, and collaborative
    - The work itself is enjoyable and management genuinely wants everyone to be successful and are always willing to help you get there
    - Have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you work hard

Cons

- No complaints. Really enjoy coming in to work every day

Advice to Management

- N/A

2. "Solid Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

watched this growth happen early in the game and its been something i'm genuinely proud of. You'll have good days and bad but at least you know the boat will always be going in the right direction.

Cons

This isn't for someone who just wants to just collect a paycheck. Every day is a new competition, making the stress level high but its also just as rewarding.

3. "Sales"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

Great culture, and great co workers

Cons

stressful - hard goals to hit and break draw system to get comission

4. "Fright broker"

Former Employee - Fright Broker in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Fright Broker in San Diego, CA

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good corporate support. They stay after hours to help west coast offices

Cons

Sales weekly goals get too demanding. Force you out of company once done with you.

5. "Disrespectful, hateful, full of lies"

Former Employee - Sales in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Brandon, FL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros of this job is that your coworkers probably hate their job as much as you do. The upper management are angry, hateful people who live To make sure they are not at fault for anything. Most of the staff is high on narcotics. Half of the managers are only in their positions because of their friendship with the CEO. Absolutely no professionalism or respect. Be prepared for be treated like a child. When I finally left BlueGrace, the recruiter who hired me told me these exact words, “I have had at least 3 people tell me how unpleasant it is over there.” Management does not allow free thinking, if you question them, they will threaten to fire you. Sexual harassment, hateful gossip, anything negative you can imagine is happening at BlueGrace.

Cons

There are too many cons to list. BlueGrace lies to you and tells you how great the company is and then disappoints you every day thereafter. I have never been treated so rudely, not even when I mopped floors at a restaurant and made minimum wage. Employees are seen as so easily replaceable, when you put your two weeks notice in, they fire you that day so they don’t have to pay you for a second longer than they legally have to. Avoid this dumpster fire of a company before it sucks the life out of you and spits you back out with no applicable
    skills or positivity.

Advice to Management

I would honestly have to write a small book in order to give anywhere near the correct amount of advice.

6. "A hyper-growth opportunity"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, with a truly unique culture
    Constantly provided a opportunity for autonomy and to expand my responsibilities
    The company gives back to the community - pretty awesome to be a part of that
    It's a coveted environment... all of my friends want to work here
    Several programs that provide a platform to speak with leadership, have your voice heard

Cons

Hyper-growth company means growing pains. Still working on developing true paths for employee development.

7. "Great Starting Job"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time

Pros

- Knew nothing about logistics when I was first hired, company does a great job helping you learn about the industry
    - people here are outgoing and friendly
    - good salary and bonuses
    - company helps raise awareness for good causes

Cons

This job can have an effect on you if you get discouraged easily. Have to bring a 100 percent everyday.

"The people really make the company"

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BlueGrace sticks to its 5 core values above all else: 1) Be Caring of All Others, 2) Simplify, 3) Pursue Outrageous Goals, 4) Embrace Chaos, 5) Be Happy, Humble and Have Fun. I have been here about 2 years and have seen each one of those core values put to use daily – whether in day-to-day tasks or within the culture. The second you walk into BlueGrace for your interview, you take a tour of the office and the high-energy environment is prominent. It is one of the things that attracted me to the company and made me want to work here. The people really make the company and even when you might not be having the best work day, the culture and your co-workers definitely make it better. From holidays, to charities/fundraisers, to theme days, there is always something going on around the office to help get everyone involved and get to know people in other departments. The company is rapidly growing and it is an exciting time to be a part of an organization that is constantly evolving and expanding.

Cons

Since the company is continuously growing, you have to be accepting to change. Embrace Chaos is definitely a core value the company emphasizes which can make working here either exciting or stressful depending on how open to change you are.

9. "Great Place to Work, better people to work with!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BlueGrace is a vibrant , fast paced, high energy workplace. Employees and Employer genuinely care for each other.

Cons

If you like quiet and reserved, this is the wrong place.

"Less than mediocre"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at BlueGrace Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 hr lunch
    Location
    Co workers
    Base pay
    New office

Cons

Since this location is brand new and the company is still relatively new, it’s bound to have some cons. Management plays favortism and unprofessional. Company doesn’t respect hard work ethic. Would prefer the quantity amount of calls than the quality. Benefits are expensive and you only get 10 days of pto, but work 50+ hours a week. Since it’s a new company they give you a nice little base pay, but the amount of loads that can be moved can be hard. There were days where no loads could have been moved, so you were there all day just doing nothing. Communication with managers and co workers were hard because communication was through email and microsoft teams. Sometimes managers wouldn’t even reply and that could cost you a big profit. There are many other logistics companies that you are better off working for than Blue Grace. Only thing i see better about this company is the slightly higher basepay.

Advice to Management

Respect your carrier sales team more. Without them, there won’t be a you.

BlueGrace Logistics Response

Sep 17, 2018 – Manager, Marketing & Brand

We appreciate you taking the time to review your employment at BlueGrace's brand new Chicago Loop location. We are committed to creating an exciting, rewarding and comfortable environment for all of... More