BluePearl Veterinary Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Darryl Shaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Continuing education opportunities are always there" (in 5 reviews)

• "Great place to rotate through different services and learn" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, transition from private to corporate was not smoothe" (in 6 reviews)

• "can be short staffed on technicians" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"veterinary technician assistant 1"

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

Because Blue pearl veterinary partners are very educational plus it help me to learn how to be a great assistant coming in to be a great technician and also teaching me the values of loyalty and honesty.

Cons

Of course dealing with very stressful cases, PTS is sometimes hard, and also some irritated clients when we get busy and slammed and they demand service right now, when we cannot give them that at this moment.

Advice to Management

management work really hard to make sure things are done. all I can say is great Job.

2. "Really enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a large specialty and emergency hospital there are always new and exciting cases in the hospital. We have a large amount of experienced techs and doctors who are always willing to teach you something new. The schedule is definitely a perk. They try to keep you on a consistent schedule which is very nice. You're able to pick up extra shifts if you would like. Management listens to concerns very well and I truly feel like they try their best to do what they can for us.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to get feedback from management on how you're progressing at your job. Reviews are typically the only time you get feedback, and they sometimes are done late. The pay for the type of hospital, and how large we are, is lower than you would expect. The turnover can be high due to the type of facility it is, and we often have new people.

Advice to Management

Consider cost of living wage increases, as well as hiring more experienced staff. It would be great to have a more consistent training program so everyone can be on the same page.

3. "Fresh set of eyes"

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

Sharing work environment for the most part with only an occasional toxic team member, high standards of care and expectations

Cons

Consistently short staffed sadly. This could perhaps be helped with more training for new people so they feel less like a third wheel and more part of the team. Also, nothing is consistent in training and it's a lot of 'find out as you go'. Lots of negativity from corporate regarding unionizing. Health plans are quite expensive and the HSA is pushed very hard.

Advice to Management

Focus on caring for your people which in turn results in better patient care and client satisfaction.

4. "Corporation Lacks Compassion"

Current Employee - Certified Veterinary Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Certified Veterinary Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

$200 allowance for clothing, scrubs, etc in BP official store. Occasional free m&ms. Nice coffee machines that stay stocked.

Cons

Bonuses and incentives are non-existent thus far, though we've been promised multiple times they're coming. Not allowed overtime. Management adds responsibilities to employees with no added compensation. The 401k only matches 0.25 to the dollar up to 4%. Health insurance is expensive. Basically, the employees feel easily replaceable and that their work is no longer valued or appreciated. Policies regarding euthanasia rates of strays and owner relinquishment show more interest in money than compassion.

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel appreciated. Get them better benefits. Keep your promises. Not everyone is replaceable if you want your patients to receive quality care.

5. "Back breaking work, low wages"

Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Getting to work with animals, most co-workers turn into great friends, helping animals, occasional random free lunch,

Cons

Constant changes without notice, low wages, expensive health care plans, can only get up to a 3% raise annually meaning no matter how great your work is those earning more will always get a bigger raise than you and if you start at a lower wage it will take you longer to get ahead. Claims to be the leader in Vet care but is not the leader in paying their techs well for back-breaking work.

Advice to Management

Raise the wage increase at least to the national normal 4%. Allow more opportunities for wage increase besides once annually especially for those who work harder.

6. "Good, but a little too corporate"

I worked at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing coworkers, great medicine, lots of specialities

Cons

Too corporate. Salaries/pay needs improvement.

7. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Emergency Department Technician
    Current Employee - Emergency Department Technician

Pros

There is plenty growth and steady schedule. No days are the same

Cons

Poor management and training

8. "Surgery Veterinary Technician"

Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Southfield, MI

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with the greatest team of dedicated individuals.

Cons

We are very high volume and it can be challenging to meet demands

9. "Hearts in the Right Place"

Current Employee - Emergency Room Technician in Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Emergency Room Technician in Paramus, NJ

Pros

Highly competitive compensation, fantastic medicine, great people, most of administration has a good feel of the pulse on the floor.

Cons

Attitudes can sour when short staffed, Overextended management team, not a clean reordering system, normal growing pains of a new and expanding hospital.

Advice to Management

They seem to have the right idea of what's going on. Just continue trying to make the changes that need to be made.

10. "I never thought I'd like working for a corporation"

Current Employee - Veterinarian in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Veterinarian in Houston, TX

Pros

The values of the corporation truly match my own, which I never thought would happen. There is so much opportunity for me to be as good as I want to, and continue my education. I feel strongly that I can provide the absolute best service that is available. The pay is great, the benefits are competitive and if I have any issues with personnel, or a case, or Anything, there is always someone to talk to.

Cons

The only chin I have experienced is a lack of communication, especially when I was trying to get hired on. This seems limited to my particular location and not nationally.

Advice to Management

It took a lot of prodding on my part to actually get an interview, and do a shadowing day, so that I could officially be hired. The management kept forgetting to return my emails, and if I didn't want the job so much I would have given up. The same happened to a friend, and she did give up. This may have been resolved with the new hires, I'm not sure. Also, I never can trust that I am getting paid the right amount for my extra shifts, which causes a lot of stress for me, especially when I first started working because I was counting on the paychecks to be right. I always need to check and it is often forgotten and I have to be reimbursed. I only knew to do this because other employees told me it's common and what to do.