BluePearl Veterinary Partners "pets" Reviews | Glassdoor

BluePearl Veterinary Partners Employee Reviews about "pets"

Updated 22 Aug 2019

3.1
BluePearl Veterinary Partners CEO Darryl Shaw (no image)
Darryl Shaw
Pros
  • "The mission to create a 'better world for pets' is a mantra that everyone who works here seeks to achieve(in 9 reviews)

• "I work with people who really love to care for animals and truly want to help(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There was a significant cut in employer 401K match after Mars bought Bluepearl(in 13 reviews)

• "Long hours, minimal time off, but this is on par with any internship(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "pets"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Very grateful for BluePearl Vet Partners and their commitment to VET health"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

love the culture here. Everyone is very friendly and share the same values. The mission to create a 'better world for pets' is a mantra that everyone who works here seeks to achieve. Top leadership is exceptional and there is a career path to developing new skillsets.

Cons

Nothing but great people doing great work for families!!

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2019-05-02

"Medicine =\= Retail,"

Current Employee - Client Care Manager

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The front line care providers - clinicians, techs, assistants and client care staff are fantastic. They are dedicated, heart and soul to providing remarkable care for pets, and continually strive to improve, teach and support each other and our primary vet community while doing it. I have seen the financial compensation and amenities/equipment improve as part of BP, albeit slowly, and not without having to fight... for it.

Cons

Support center is slow on responses, change and support for daily business needs, which could be understandable if there weren't constant updates on how many new hospitals BP has acquired month to month. Upper regional management pushes retail-based business practices that are inappropriate and harmful to staff, patients and referring veterinary community, obfuscates progress and clinically-sound recommendations... and grossly undervalues and disrespects the input and education of front-line caregivers who have dedicated their lives, career and considerable personal financial investment into ethical care for animals and supporting the human animal bond.

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs of the front line care providers - they are the revenue generators, and your disregard of their input risks their licenses and livelihood. Top heavy leadership structures of administrators and directors with no knowledge or respect of medicine have created an incredibly dysfunctional atmosphere that intentionally takes advantage of the oaths of vets and techs alike. Retention of talented staff is... crucial - we are in a national LVT shortage and brain drain drastically hurts patient care and outcomes.

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2019-08-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Like Family"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since I've started working at BluePearl I have had nothing but positive experiences. Everyone treats each other like family. The company invests a lot not only in their customers but their associates too! The support center is pet friendly too, great to be able to bring your pets with you to work!

Cons

none to share at this time

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2019-01-08

"Practice Manager"

I worked at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

They practice great medicine for pets!

Cons

There is muddled direction from leadership.

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2018-10-12
  6. "Mostly positive"

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

Team Oriented. Great care for clients and patients. Generous discounts for employee pets. Employee appreciation is evident through things like having lunch ordered in or having a shaved iced food truck on extremely hot days. Things like that go a long way towards employee moral. Discounts on other Mars Company affiliates.

Cons

Not a clear training path. Cross -training to work across the hospital is good in theory but I think it would prove more effective to do it one department at a time. Also a poor stray animal policy as far as employees being able to adopt unwanted pets. People in management positions because of seniority and not necessarily job performance. Job titles-having people be proud of the job they have by making the title... something they can feel proud of. IE-the environmental service people are not called janitors, so why not make other titles the same? Our Kennel Assistance do not work in a kennel, they work in a hospital and have a crucial role assisting the techs and doctors on many levels.

Advice to Management

Watch who you promote to levels that may exceed their capacity of their ability. Just because someone is a great worker doesn't necessarily mean they can lead a team.

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2018-08-23

"Great quality of medicine, yet very stressful and overworked"

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners

Pros

Great Doctors, and Technicians. Great quality of medicine Great benefits for the pets- 50% off care, free exams, medications- cost plus 10%. The company will also pay for 50% of the monthly cost of Trupanion pet insurance.

Cons

We are constantly overworked, worn down, and underpaid. Management team seems to focus on everything but what is best for the Staff. We are constantly told we can’t hire more staff or we can’t pay you more despite that you are qualified and have been advanced to a higher level.

Advice to Management

It would be wonderful if management would actually listen to qualified employees who have great ideas. Instead currently favorites are chosen and it’s clear that all the good strong employees are not favorites. Listen to your staff a lot of people are smart and dedicated.

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2018-08-06

"You couldn't pay me enough to go back."

Former Employee - Client Care Coordinator in Skokie, IL

I worked at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

When it's quiet, you're on your own to read, do homework, whatever. The pets that come in are emergency so it was amazing to help the animals who really need it.

Cons

The doctors don't respect the techs or the receptionist, nobody from the back (tech/doctor) communicates with the front (reception), everyone gossips and talks about everyone else behind their back, not professional at all. The doctors have attitudes and make the receptionist tell the bad news to the client and then when the clients uphappy, the receptionist takes the fall. It is NOT a team place, everyone is out to... save their own butt. There are clear favorites and they filter out the unpopular people.

Advice to Management

Don't play immature gossip games and play favorites, everyone is supposed to be on a team. Don't be passive aggressive and gossip about people, talk to people about the problems you're having with them, don't tell them everythings fine and then slowly phase them out. This is such an unprofessional place to be.

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2016-07-08
  9. "Certified veterinary tech"

Current Employee - Cert Vet Tech in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They do very good work, take care of pets well. Health is decent.

Cons

Managment is a joke, they play favorites. Micro manage. Get in trouble for little stuff but big stuff is ignored.

Advice to Management

See above

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2016-04-17
  10. "Client Care"

I have been working at BluePearl Veterinary Partners full-time

Pros

You get to see pets. Atmosphere is great

Cons

you have your good days & you have your bad days. Like any other place of business

BluePearl Veterinary Partners2015-08-26