BlueStream Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Engineer

2.7
Kathleen G. Putrah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home opportunities, good people (in 6 reviews)

• Great people to work with, very flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Bluestream is privately owned by KGP Logistics (in 5 reviews)

• Inexperienced crews at the time starting out (in 4 reviews)

1. "Telecommunications"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BlueStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of room for advancement. ..plenty of management opportunities

Cons

I have only worked there a few years and find it hard to have a personal relationship with my team, we telecommute and have never met. Some of us don't get included in company activities. It is easy to feel like an outsider.

Advice to Management

Remember to include all employees in picnics and holiday activities

2. "BlueStream Professional Services"

Former Employee - Detail Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Detail Engineer in Marietta, GA

I worked at BlueStream full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Knowledgeable employees with great team work skills.

Cons

Inadequate Ownership/Management connection with employees.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to reach out to employees before making decisions that would effect their productivity.

BlueStream Response

Jun 20, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. I would like to inform you that other employees have expressed the same feelings and that we have taken all concerns seriously. We are... More

3. "Be good to your talent and you'll get good talent!"

Former Contractor - Engineer II in Marietta, GA
    Former Contractor - Engineer II in Marietta, GA

I worked at BlueStream as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers. I worked hard for this company because my coworkers were good people. I didn't want to add to their workloads by dropping the ball. But...

Cons

Severely mismanaged by ego and bluster.

Upon the most recent management change meeting we were proudly told by the new director that we could all be laid off, and he would still have a job. In the same meeting he boasted that he has never failed at anything in spite of the entire audience already knowing that his whole department was laid off one year prior almost to the day. Aren't layoffs tantamount to a failure?
    Current employees are told to lie to customers that there is no shortage of labor, nor engineering skill sets, all while continuing to refuse creating any real training programs for employees, in order to shore-up needed skills. Most employees learn their day to day tasks from each other and through making repeated mistakes, errors and encountering rejections. In the mean time management attacks the labor force for management short comings, while accusing labor of “performance issues”. Even an outsourced training program would be a step in the right direction.

Advice to Management

1. Don't lie to your employees.
    2. Don't ask them to lie for you.
    3. Get a real training program developed, and place the trainers where they belong, in the classroom.
    4. Outsource training if you need to.
    5. Pay engineers what they're worth, and let them do engineering work.
    6. You will attract great talent if you show RESPECT to the talent you already have.
    7. Stop cracking whips and start offering incentives. Toxic environments only house desperation.
    8. Lastly, do not use the engineers as scape goats for poor management.
    9. Never allow your middle management (JR) team to behave as if your professionals are un-housetrained animals pooping on a carpet.
    10. Never elevate anyone to management who OPENLY admits that he doesn't like people.

BlueStream Response

Apr 29, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

BlueStream believes that communication is certainly key and therefore provides an open door policy right up to the COO. In fact, we also just launched a suggestions mailbox as another means of... More

"Job"

Current Employee - Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at BlueStream full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Co-workers, clean building, good area

Cons

Workplace culture fell off the desk

Advice to Management

It would not matter

5. "The ship is sinking"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at BlueStream full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can't complain about the paycheck, it arrived every other week and if you were with the company since the ADC days, it was decent. I worked with a lot of good people, and left with some coworkers that I'm proud to call friends.

Cons

None of the worker bees have seen a raise in the three years since the KPG Company purchased the services division. I believe management has seen their fair share of bonuses however. There is absolutely zero communication. Multiple layoffs have occurred in the last two years, and only one of the Marriott of force productions has even been acknowledged to the employees. Training is lacking at best. My coworkers and I would take the time to cross train one another because management couldn't be bothered. Most of the companies eggs are in one customer basket, and the few outline customers they have chased are nothing but anchors around the neck of the albatross. I've seen hire morale from overworked and underpaid short order cooks in the kitchen of a greasy spoon.

Advice to Management

Look deep within yourself and realize it's time to break up the good old boy network. The Marietta mafia has run its course and it's time for the folks who are in place because of who they know not what they do to be reevaluated. There is some strong middle management in place, but the folks teetering on the highest points of this top-heavy titanic are doing more harm than good, and collecting six figures to break spirits and drive profits down. And it it's time for ownership to come down off of their high horse and visit with the revenue producers in the trenches that are helping pay for their six figure automobiles and luxury homes. If they could be bothered to come out of the ivory tower every now and again they'd see that there are good folks bust in their homes, and during the measurable stress, and working tirelessly to try to bail out the sinking ship.

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Detail Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Detail Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for wireless team. Company is focused on wireless

Cons

Bad for wireline. Company is focused on wireless

Advice to Management

no work life balance

7. "Management does not "Care""

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at BlueStream full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home and PTO.

Cons

Management does not care and does not support there employees. They work you around the clock with no help or support. Morale very bad within peers.

Advice to Management

They need to get rid of upper management and bring in new management.

"A company that does not value employees"

Former Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BlueStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to share here.

Cons

Small company that you think would have more of an interest in work life balance and employee loyalty. This is reflected in the benefits package, day-to-day operations and lack of employee interest programs (such as work from home or teleworking programs). Interesting enough, they are upfront about business is all that matters. They sell the brand of being a family owned company but they really stand behind the phrase "MOM" my own money!

Advice to Management

Understand that a happy employee is a good and loyal employee. Investing in your employees is a lost art amongst big companies and as a small family owned, this is the last hope for those potential employees that just want to feel like they are valued.

"College after college"

Former Employee - Former Detail Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Former Detail Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

I enjoyed a lot, I got to learn table tennis here, yummy snacks everyday learning there was nothing apart from Microsoft excel and browsing internet.

Cons

People in top level management in Bangalore is not good specially the HR even today i hear employees are scared of HR.

Advice to Management

People in US please take care of the management in bangalore its not good

"Detail engineer"

Former Employee - Detail Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Detail Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Nothing much if you want only work and you have much enough money and if you don't expect salary n career choose this.

Cons

If you want career please don't step into office. Especially freshers

Advice to Management

Increase the salaries because the work is more