BlueStream Lead Reviews | Glassdoor

Lead

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kathleen G. Putrah

Pros
  • Great people to work with, very flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits, Great vacation time (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No one has been promoted in the last few years besides upper management and the good ole boy network (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management on wireless side is horrible (in 4 reviews)

1. "Foreman"

Former Employee - Crew Lead in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Crew Lead in Tampa, FL

Pros

Good company took care of me

Cons

Didn't really know what was next

Advice to Management

Step it up

"Lead"

Current Employee - Installation Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Installation Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BlueStream (More than 10 years)

Pros

None what so ever. This company is the worst to work for. I can't see how we are still in business.

Cons

Terrible pay, no time to do jobs correctly, management is out of touch with reality. I've been with this company for a very long time. Only reason I'm still with them is I have a great vacation package that I've had since it was ADC. Save your self the hassle and look for a job elsewhere . They WILL screw you.

Advice to Management

Come out and look at jobs. Leave the comforts of your desk and see what is going on in the real world.

3. "No home life"

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at BlueStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice friendly people from all over the US coming together to accomplish a task. Nice to see a tower company with co workers from all over.

Cons

Currently still working ...or ATT is still working on a standard ..(whoever you want to point the finger at)..the morale of the coworkers ..well I've talked to all the crew leads...the ones that have not left yet and the ones that didn't get laid off and noooo body is happy with the way things or going . I will say I've seen tower companies slow down at the end of the year but this is rediculous.we have a five week on 1 week off schedule due to Thanksgiving and Christmas being so close together the RM said he will only pay for one flight. Many coworkers have chosen Thanksgiving and will not be returning after the holiday. Blue stream stared off strong but now its sad to see guys with less than a year running a crew calling to log in and not knowing what the hell there looking for. They learn RETs and now there so knowledgeable of all Technologies. They learn how to install LTE...somewhat and do not know how to decifer color code for UMTS OR GSM . Rant over wish the best for them. but as big as they are I would think they would show a little more gratttude towards there employees, don't make everyone else suffer because a few other crews decided to waist the company money, play dumb and not read the directions.

Advice to Management

if you're going to promote somebody you should give them a raise with that promotion.

"Run away don't walk"

Current Employee - Installation Lead in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Installation Lead in Des Moines, IA

Pros

They pay for your flights in and out of market. They match 2 percent towards your 401k. They honestly care about your safety and well being. Some of the best construction managers in the business. They truly support their foremen in the field. They provide all the necessary documents & closeout documents needed to build out their customers sites properly.

Cons

10$ per hour drive time. They only pay for up to 4 hours of travel time into & out of market at 10$ per hour. They stopped paying us idle time. We use to get paid by our customer to be on standby for maintenance tickets as they come in, that's gone now. Can anyone say mass layoffs. I've personal survived 3 rounds of layoffs. Since I no longer feel any job security what so ever. I now recently decided it's time to put my resume out there and look for another job. I've worked at Bluestream since early 2013 and never once received a evaluation or even so much as a dime for a raise. It's okay thou... At least they hired me as a foreman. Other guys the promoted from top hand to foreman. They gave them the position without a raise. It's really sad thou. A lot of us guys in the field had faith in the company. It use to be a pretty good company to work for. We were really hoping things would turn around and get better after the slow down. Now it's only getting worse with no light at the end of the tunnel. Like most recruiters theirs are compulsive liars. Make sure you ask all the questions about the drive time. They won't tell you up front.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. My Regional Manager looks at all us tower guys like were a bunch of idiots. Who have to be belittled and talked down to for us to get in line. I know I'm just a number here. It doesn't matter if your sites are punch free and due under budget. They treat us all the same. Even thou they know some of their foreman's have only 2 years in the industry and have no business being foremen. I still wish them the best and am grateful for the time I spent here. Like I said it use to a really good company to work for.

6. "My bluestream exsp,"

Current Employee - Tower Tech A/Lead Training in All (Spain)
    Current Employee - Tower Tech A/Lead Training in All (Spain)

I have been working at BlueStream full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ive been here 3 mths so far all is going ok,Im waiting to see if they do what they say?

Cons

Need more real tower people in mgt.

Advice to Management

Gotta filter out the guys who talk there way in then dont poduce in the field.