KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 116 of over 122 reviews

4.7
BlueVine Chief Executive Officer Eyal Lifshitz
Eyal Lifshitz
Pros
  • "For starters, the work-life balance is great(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast growing start-up means job responsibilities are dynamic(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Tons of growing pains throughout the company, but as with any job your experience will vary depending what department you're in(in 7 reviews)

• "r amp d(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BlueVine and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

My Happy Place!

May 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

THE PEOPLE! Hands down, some of the best and brightest people I have had the pleasure of working with. The company genuinely cares about their employees, I've never seen such a "people first" approach, it's incredible. Other pros would be the transparency, hybrid work environment, amazing benefits, offices snacks/free lunches, and opportunities to be involved with/participate in so many initiatives.

Cons

Regular "growing pains" of a high growth company... But in my experience, these are managed really well at BlueVine. One of our values is move fast and we certainly embody that.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with incredible people

Jun 21, 2021 - Manager in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Excellent benefits -401k match -Incredibly Innovative -Fair pay -great PTO policy -CEO appears very employee first focused

Cons

-Sales leadership could be improved -Would like to see more employee surveys to help dictate benefits (WFH policy, culture budget input, etc) -Sales pay/quota isnt always competitive and lacks transparency

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great Kick in the door,

Jul 7, 2021 - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great industry -Great place to start your career -Interesting products -Great Training - Encouraging co-workers and environment

Cons

- Compensation is low compared to other AE's in the industry - New Leadership with unclear expectations, and career roadmaps - Lack of direction to where the products will be in the future

4. 5.0

Excellent Place to Work

Apr 14, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueVine is a thriving business offering small businesses' innovative banking solutions. Their mission and values make this my most rewarding career that I have ever held. BlueVine genuinely cares about their people (rather than labeled as employees or workers) just as much as their clients and the exceptional benefits speak for themselves (monthly WFH stipend, monthly wellness stipend, medical benefits DAY ONE, generous PTO and 401k w/ matching too! Family leave and more! Also, leadership is transparent in any business updates and they truly want to hear from us on how we can contribute to the business outside of our given job description. Highly recommend working here, 10/10

Cons

This is not necessarily a con however BlueViners need to adapt to change quickly as it can happen often

5. 5.0

Great workplace

Jun 17, 2021 - Compliance in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to talk to managers, company keeps everyone up to date

Cons

Could have better health insurance plans

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CEO is good, company cares about employees

Apr 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have a lot of trust in Eyal. He's real, smart, and seems like a good person—usually Silicon Valley CEOs don't check off all those boxes. The company does right by its employees. Despite the difficulties of COVID-19, they've taken care of us through extra PTO days, a monthly allowance for remote-work, keeping 401K match intact, and providing the information we need about the pandemic. The pay is fair.

Cons

Need more people in HR, especially those with a Diversity and Inclusion experience. No philanthropy focus yet.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Adaptable and aware

Apr 21, 2021 - Global Total Rewards Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueVine is nimble in adapting best practices and technology and pivoting on what's important. As a company to work for, it also tries to be aware of employees and the competitive landscape to ensure the best experience.

Cons

If you don't like an innovative, fast-moving company that get things done, my guess is you wouldn't be a huge fan of working at BlueVine.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

After almost 4 years, the company made me feel undignified

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time here, and most of the people were great. The sense of community and camaraderie was next level, people genuinely believe in Eyal's vision and you can tell people actually want to make a difference in our customer's lives. My manager was an absolute rockstar and helped me develop professionally in many many ways. BlueVine also offered me many opportunities to grow and 'climb' up the ranks. I started in a very entry level position and by year 2.5 I was a people manager, overseeing an entire department. I was exposed to lots of things and had the ability to propose new ideas and solutions to open ears almost constantly. Whether or not these proposals and ideas gained traction is a different story though...

Cons

After almost 4 years, I left BlueVine due to a career pivot. However, I provided a two week notice, and even continued to provide consultations for the org after my departure (I still have access+my laptop!) I made every effort to leave the org in a positive note and make sure my team and leadership would be set up for success. But I felt undignified and disregarded as I departed the company. In my experience, loyalty did not mean a whole lot to BlueVine. The company announced a profit sharing plan but with no details on disbursement dates for employees. Eventually these details came, albeit too late. Due to a 2 week difference between my departure and the first disbursement, I was told I was ineligible to receive anything. I thought that my time at BlueVine, and my contributions to the internal programs that made the profit sharing plan even possible, and the fact that I managed a team who enabled the company to rapidly scale during this period - I thought all of this would’ve warranted an exception. As a start up I feel exceptions were made often, policies were broken and bent when the org needed something. Many policies I tried to put in place for my department and cross-functions were regularly broken and bent, cited as 'business needs'. But when it comes to rewarding employees for work they’ve already put in, exceptions are simply 'not possible'. I left BlueVine due to a career trajectory change, but I worked super hard on my transition, finalizing new team member additions, and even interviewing prospective successors to my role. As mentioned earlier, I even continued to provide advice and the org even kept my access open + asked me to keep my laptop. As a show of good faith, I absolutely agreed to help out. Ultimately though, the ball was in BlueVine's court to determine if our relationship ended on a good note or a bad note, and I feel as though they chose to let it end on a bad note.

6 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place

May 3, 2021 - Support Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Startup company, open communication with other teams, challenging

Cons

Grey areas, there’s room for improvement in the product

10. 5.0

Great company culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, employees, benefits, career opportunities

Cons

I do not currently have any "cons."

Viewing 1 - 10 of 116 Reviews