- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - New Jersey
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York State
- - Utah
- - Salt Lake City, UT Area
- India - All Cities
- - Gujarat
- - Ahmadabad, India Area
- Israel - All Cities
- - Tel Aviv
- - Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel Area
Found 7 of over 122 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.
- English (122 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BlueVine and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "growing pains"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Actually interested in helping their customers. Care about their employees, their growth and their well-being. Care about growing in a sustainable and scalable way.
Sometime takes time to figure out how to do things right, or how to do the right thing Has leaders who are learning how to do their job while doing it, so at times have growing pains.Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Bluevine is a pretty good place to work, especially if you're looking for that startup everyone-is-young-and-hanging-out-together environment. Lots of bright and fun people who believe in the mission of the company. Free lunches once a week.
Tons of growing pains throughout the company, but as with any job your experience will vary depending what department you're in. Over-working was ignored in order to keep hiring costs low and people were not encouraged to have a good work-life balance. Definitely spends less on employee perks than other startups in the area. The gym/health benefit was reduced from $150 to $100 in the short time I was there. No 401K matching. The CEO is very nice but most other upper management was somehow both overbearing and secretive at the same time.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Opportunity to take ownership and advance quickly - Fast growing start-up means job responsibilities are dynamic - Exec team is stellar - One of the few start-ups in Silicon Valley with truly strong business fundamentals (industry leading customer retention, strong lifetime value, differentiated customer value prop) .... in theory provides greater job stability - Frequent events for team building - Work life balance is best I've encountered in Silicon Valley - Free food, drinks, and other perks
- Some growing pains as the business has accelerated 3x year-over-year - Middle management quality is mixed, but generally good - Inverse of the pros above: if you're not good with some ambiguity and changing expectations as the business evolves, BlueVine may not be for you - R&D is in Israel while Sales & Marketing + Headquarters is in Redwood City...can lead to some hiccups
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Bluevine is a successful, fast-growing startup. There are opportunities to grow and develop with the business. Communication for the most part is very clear and direct. The people are great to be around and some of the most talented and intelligent I've ever worked with.
Bluevine is not big on perks, but you're taken care of. Office location is not ideal, but accessible from most of the Bay Area. Growing pains of fast-growth startups are present but addressed quickly.Continue reading
Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoy working with and being part of our team. As our company grows we continue to think about how we can address and resolve growing pains and are always exploring new ways we can offer employees the opportunity to develop in their roles and advance at BlueVine.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I'm just proud to be part of this journey. We're small but growing steadily and smartly, while building a company that's addressing an important need of small business owners. I work with smart, dedicated people who really want to make a difference.
There are growing pains, of course. But we're building a culture where people can comfortably and confidently raise issues about any aspect of our work and mission.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your positive feedback on our team and overall company recommendation. We are so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience thus far at BlueVine and hope you continue to enjoy the journey with us!
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
BlueVine is growing fast, innovating faster, and lead by smart collaborative individuals. Like any startup there are bumps in the road, but the ride has been so worth it. Can't wait to see what is next!
There have definitely been some growing pains
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience thus far at BlueVine - we hope you continue to enjoy the ride!
- Former Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people and culture are great! It's a friendly and open environment. Really amazing talent and smart people all around. On the right path!
Some growing pains, but thats easily fixable.
Thanks for your review and sharing your thoughts with us.