KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BlueVine

Engaged Employer

BlueVine

Add a Review

BlueVine Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Jan 20, 2019

Found 7 of over 122 reviews

4.7
BlueVine Chief Executive Officer Eyal Lifshitz
Eyal Lifshitz
Pros
  • "For starters, the work-life balance is great(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast growing start-up means job responsibilities are dynamic(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Tons of growing pains throughout the company, but as with any job your experience will vary depending what department you're in(in 7 reviews)

• "r amp d(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BlueVine and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I worked at so far

Jul 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Actually interested in helping their customers. Care about their employees, their growth and their well-being. Care about growing in a sustainable and scalable way.

Cons

Sometime takes time to figure out how to do things right, or how to do the right thing Has leaders who are learning how to do their job while doing it, so at times have growing pains.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Typical Startup Environment

Jan 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bluevine is a pretty good place to work, especially if you're looking for that startup everyone-is-young-and-hanging-out-together environment. Lots of bright and fun people who believe in the mission of the company. Free lunches once a week.

Cons

Tons of growing pains throughout the company, but as with any job your experience will vary depending what department you're in. Over-working was ignored in order to keep hiring costs low and people were not encouraged to have a good work-life balance. Definitely spends less on employee perks than other startups in the area. The gym/health benefit was reduced from $150 to $100 in the short time I was there. No 401K matching. The CEO is very nice but most other upper management was somehow both overbearing and secretive at the same time.

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting FinTech start-up in the Bay Area

Jul 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to take ownership and advance quickly - Fast growing start-up means job responsibilities are dynamic - Exec team is stellar - One of the few start-ups in Silicon Valley with truly strong business fundamentals (industry leading customer retention, strong lifetime value, differentiated customer value prop) .... in theory provides greater job stability - Frequent events for team building - Work life balance is best I've encountered in Silicon Valley - Free food, drinks, and other perks

Cons

- Some growing pains as the business has accelerated 3x year-over-year - Middle management quality is mixed, but generally good - Inverse of the pros above: if you're not good with some ambiguity and changing expectations as the business evolves, BlueVine may not be for you - R&D is in Israel while Sales & Marketing + Headquarters is in Redwood City...can lead to some hiccups

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've worked

Jun 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bluevine is a successful, fast-growing startup. There are opportunities to grow and develop with the business. Communication for the most part is very clear and direct. The people are great to be around and some of the most talented and intelligent I've ever worked with.

Cons

Bluevine is not big on perks, but you're taken care of. Office location is not ideal, but accessible from most of the Bay Area. Growing pains of fast-growth startups are present but addressed quickly.

8 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoy working with and being part of our team. As our company grows we continue to think about how we can address and resolve growing pains and are always exploring new ways we can offer employees the opportunity to develop in their roles and advance at BlueVine.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Trailblazing fintech startup with a dynamic culture

Nov 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm just proud to be part of this journey. We're small but growing steadily and smartly, while building a company that's addressing an important need of small business owners. I work with smart, dedicated people who really want to make a difference.

Cons

There are growing pains, of course. But we're building a culture where people can comfortably and confidently raise issues about any aspect of our work and mission.

1 person found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your positive feedback on our team and overall company recommendation. We are so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience thus far at BlueVine and hope you continue to enjoy the journey with us!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Ride!

Jan 12, 2017 -  in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueVine is growing fast, innovating faster, and lead by smart collaborative individuals. Like any startup there are bumps in the road, but the ride has been so worth it. Can't wait to see what is next!

Cons

There have definitely been some growing pains

Be the first to find this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience thus far at BlueVine - we hope you continue to enjoy the ride!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work!

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and culture are great! It's a friendly and open environment. Really amazing talent and smart people all around. On the right path!

Cons

Some growing pains, but thats easily fixable.

Be the first to find this review helpful

The People Team

Thanks for your review and sharing your thoughts with us.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews