KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BlueVine

Engaged Employer

BlueVine

Add a Review

BlueVine Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Found 8 of over 122 reviews

4.7
BlueVine Chief Executive Officer Eyal Lifshitz
Eyal Lifshitz
Pros
  • "For starters, the work-life balance is great(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast growing start-up means job responsibilities are dynamic(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Tons of growing pains throughout the company, but as with any job your experience will vary depending what department you're in(in 7 reviews)

• "r amp d(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BlueVine and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic company... could pay a little better

Feb 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueVine is on the whole probably the best company I've worked for. For starters, the work-life balance is great. The day-to-day office culture is a good mix of professional and relaxed. People are pleasant and willing to collaborate or help out on issues or new initiatives. The work is fast paced without feeling frenetic, and you don't run into the bureaucratic processes that you do at larger companies. The office has a lot of the small creature comforts typical of a West Coast tech company (snacks, weekly meals, etc.) Outside of the day-to-day, management is generally accessible, and there is a good gameplan on paper.

Cons

The overall compensation is... just okay. It's not the most competitive. There are no annual bonuses/profit share, no annual options/RSU grants, and even the annual cost-of-living adjustment was small.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great people

Oct 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

THE PEOPLE! - Exciting, fun, hilarious people - C-level managers are whip-smart, cutting-edge, and care - Coworkers are intelligent, collaborative go-getters - Diverse and interesting The main reason I like it here is the people around every day. This is one of those companies where if you did the work from home or a cubicle you'd be missing out on 99% of what makes it meaningful. Other pros: - Fast-paced: never boring! - Company growth is impressive - Good work-life balance - Leadership works to be transparent and available - CEO is amazing

Cons

- Growth can be difficult if you're not one of the golden boys (literally). Promotions are unclear, training / professional growth is minimal, and inter-department moves are difficult. - For a startup and tech company, Bluevine moves slowly and lacks capacity to stay cutting-edge. Tools make workdays redundant and inefficient and much-needed improvements may be at the mercy of who happens to talk to the right person at the right time. - Managers and employees can be single-mindedly intent on pushing immediate revenue at the expense of long-term success, and take out the pressure on their employees, coworkers, or related departments.

5 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We’re excited about our talented and growing team. Our people play a key role in making the culture and work environment at BlueVine fun and challenging! We are looking forward to introducing new learning and development opportunities in the new year..

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting FinTech start-up in the Bay Area

Jul 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to take ownership and advance quickly - Fast growing start-up means job responsibilities are dynamic - Exec team is stellar - One of the few start-ups in Silicon Valley with truly strong business fundamentals (industry leading customer retention, strong lifetime value, differentiated customer value prop) .... in theory provides greater job stability - Frequent events for team building - Work life balance is best I've encountered in Silicon Valley - Free food, drinks, and other perks

Cons

- Some growing pains as the business has accelerated 3x year-over-year - Middle management quality is mixed, but generally good - Inverse of the pros above: if you're not good with some ambiguity and changing expectations as the business evolves, BlueVine may not be for you - R&D is in Israel while Sales & Marketing + Headquarters is in Redwood City...can lead to some hiccups

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Thank you BlueVine!

Oct 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture and the people are top notch! More than makes up for the long commute! - Good work/ life balance - Kudos to the people/ culture team for fostering a great work environment -- I look forward to coming into work everyday!

Cons

- As the company has grown substantially over the last year, it's increasingly hard to find a good parking spot!

3 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the culture we are building together. We love hearing that you love coming to work each day. As we continue to grow as a company, the People Team is committed to working on solutions for facilities and parking challenges.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to grow.

Sep 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is natural, honest, warm, empowering, and encourages employees to challenge themselves. It is not forced and promotes a healthy work/life balance. Managers encourage subordinates to ask questions and explore new projects.

Cons

Hard to find cons for BlueVine.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Very slow paced and old fashioned

Jan 13, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is inspiring, and very charismatic - imho he's the real reason why the company is where it is (for the good part). Good Work-Life balance A couple of great people personally

Cons

No honest transparency of current company status to the employees. this manifests as sudden large scale decisions that could not have been anticipated and were even anticipated not to happend directly by management. for example, there were massive layoffs during COVID-19 after for a several months the management stressed out that this is not anticipated in the short term. a very very short time after the layoffs of really great professionals and people the company began rehiring for the same exact positions, which raised some concerns among employees regarding the management's integrity and honesty. The company does not behave as one cohesive unit and feels like different divisions are way out of sync with mission statement, KPIs and targets. No innovation efforts effectively occur, and the company ends up being very old fashioned, slow paced and all other bad aspects of a large corporate vs a startup - the problem with that is that there is a dissonance between the company being a startup and it's corporate-ish state of being - ending up suffering from the worst of both worlds : Corporate slow pace and bureaucracy overhead and lack of professionalism of a small startup. also salaries are not on par with startup market. the company also repeatedly failed to preserve talent, losing many great people to other companies where they felt like they had a much richer and viable growth path.

Be the first to find this review helpful

BlueVine Response

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your experience here at BlueVine. We welcome feedback from employees as we scale and grow and take concerns like this seriously as it helps us improve our employee experience and management practices. We're sorry to hear that you had a less than ideal time at BlueVine and hope you were/are able to raise these issues directly with our People team so we can address your concerns.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work in ;-)

Mar 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work-life balance, Good people and Nice atmosphere

Cons

A bit croudy, in the middle of Tel-Aviv

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Job position

Jan 10, 2018 - Risk Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible position, good work/life balance

Cons

Bad crew management, job was not challenging

1 person found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time share your feedback with us. At BlueVine, we know that there is no such thing as a perfect employer so we remain committed to making continuous improvements and providing an excellent work environment for all our employees. We wish you continued success in your next opportunity.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews