Bluefish Wireless Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Bluefish Wireless Management Reviews

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I Actually Miss This Place"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Bluefish Wireless Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, if at times chaotic. Merged with Mobi Wireless, its sister company, and fired most employees. The pay was phenomenal, as were the benefits. Management was great, even up to the Directors. It's the only adult-job that I can truly say that, despite some issues, I actually miss working there.

Cons

Management sometimes didn't realize that growth meant that more people might need to work on a particular project. So the workload increased by 3 or 4 times, but the manpower didn't match.

2. "Great Co-Workers, Management is Questionable"

Former Employee - Operations in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Operations in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Bluefish Wireless Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees that worked there were great, hard working, trust worthy people who made it enjoyable to go into work each day.

Cons

The Management team was always less than trust worthy and was always changing comp plans and never for the better.

Advice to Management

Be true to your word and stop back tracking every other month. Being honest with employees from day one would help ease the pain when comp plans change.

"Management"

Pros

Good money - fun people to work with - nice location - nice facility.

Cons

Upper management wanted nothing to do with daily operations or people - they were only interested in money and how to make more, not people. Everyone was made aware that they could easily be replaced. Long hours - they over-promised and under-staffed projects. Outside families and personal lives were of no concern.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

4. "Not the best, not the worst"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bluefish Wireless Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, they always go above and beyond for the company and for their fellow co-workers which makes it easier to go to work each day....but the company doesn't always do the same. The customers are diverse and can take you to interesting places for onsite deployments / account management. The work is typically redundant and fairly easy, but enjoyable enough.

Cons

Some long hours and you are always an expendable piece in Managements eyes.

5. "Amazing culture! Fun place to work."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great people. Competitive business model that is going to continue to grow in the future. I feel as though I have fairly strong job security working in the Wireless Industry.

Cons

Few. But I have noticed that in this tough economy, not as many promotions are being given.

Nevertheless, I still feel confident that I will have the chance to take on more responsibilities in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep having open-bar company parties! Please keep sending company-wide business updates... I think understanding what is happening outside of my department helps my performance as an employee.