Bluegreen Vacations OPC Reviews | Glassdoor

Bluegreen Vacations OPC Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2017

1.6
Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO Alan Levan (no image)
Alan Levan
0 Rating

"Wonderful company!"

Opc Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Bluegreen is by far the best job I have ever had. They took care of me from day one and were very flexible when it came to needing off work for personal health or vacation. You get paid time off that builds up every day you work. You make hourly and you can make as much as you want in commisson. Just depends how hard you want to work. They have fabulous benefits that are very reasonable and the opportunity for management can happen very quickly if you work hard.

Cons

You have to work weekends and holidays and your schedule can be different every week. Its more of the kind of job for single people with no family to come home to so the schedule will not matter either way.

Advice to Management

Need to secret shop more to get rid of all the shady sales reps they have. We went through one too many while I was there and people seem to do anything just to get a sale. Teach employees to be more honest. There is a reason the timeshare industry has a bad name due to these people.

Bluegreen Vacations2010-07-28

"Simple"

Former Employee - OPC in Wisc Dells, WI

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money Easy to learn Short hours

Cons

High employee and management turnover rate Top performers make great money while those lower on the power line struggle to get by

Advice to Management

Focus on getting better locations. Not everyone gets equal opportunity. You have one location that is by far the best, and others that are absolutely horrible. The top performers would not be too performers if they worded the bad locations.

Bluegreen Vacations2017-10-05
  3. "OPC"

Former Employee - OPC in Savannah, GA

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Training, Short work days, full benefits, good spiffs, amazing supervisors

Cons

Lots of rejection. You only get placed in the high traffic booths if you have been there for a while and are producing. Work outside year round.

Advice to Management

the money you are promised for an opc position is highly inflated! You can make good money from time to time but it is not consistent.

Bluegreen Vacations2017-09-20

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - OPC in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not really any at the moment

Cons

They didn't offer what they claimed they would when took job a little over month ago

Advice to Management

Train your people

Bluegreen Vacations2017-06-07

"Not a Family Friendly Employer"

OPC in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule depending on position, high pay

Cons

No benefits, upper management issues

Advice to Management

No one knows the same information. There should be more thought and focus on training to keep employees.

Bluegreen Vacations2017-01-09

"This has been without a doubt, the worst, most falsified job I have ever had."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Specialist OPC in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Commissions are great (40%) if you ever get them. Full time gives you benefits and time off if you can keep your sanity for that long.

Cons

The bosses have poor communication with EVERYONE. They expect you to be able to bring people in to the resort from a kiosk about an hour away. They get mad when you don't meet their standards, yet rarely come out for long we than 20 minutes to help and see what problems we face. They stay on their phones whenever they do show up and blame you for the company failing at this location. They haven't paid me or my coworker our commissions since we started working here. We both have also been given false promises of working at the resort (higher traffic and commission possibilities) that are ironically forgotten by the management. I strongly recommend staying away from this company. $9/hr is ok if I was still in high school; not a college graduate with exceptional experience in Management, Sales, and Customer service that has to try to make a living off of biweekly pay at nearly minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Don't cheat your employees or blatantly lie to them.

Bluegreen Vacations2015-10-13

"Worst job I ever had"

Former Employee - OPC in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations part-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of this job is going to events and networking with others so that you can get a new job because this job will not last long. Also the schedule is very flexible, no problem getting certain days off.

Cons

Management horrible and mislead me and co-workers about job. Nobody could tell me my benefits, signed up for full time position but had part time hours. The locations we had were horrible and only a certain demographic of people are interested in doing this preferably the 25-40 range. My manger was a compulsive liar and I have nothing positive to say about this job. Stay far far away from Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations2014-10-10
  8. "opc"

OPC in Novi, MI

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

It is fun and I met a lot of neat people

Cons

it is hard on hot days

Advice to Management

Take it easy on us and don't make us put reggie stantds in da car

Bluegreen Vacations2010-06-25