KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bluegreen Vacations Reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Found 1,010 of over 1,035 reviews

3.4
Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO Alan Levan (no image)
Alan Levan

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits if you can steer the course and remain employed through the probation period.(in 109 reviews)
  • "If you perform good pay but they always figure a way to cut your commissions.(in 67 reviews)
  • "People are great and nice(in 36 reviews)
  • "Training is good.(in 21 reviews)
  • "you can make some good money(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bluegreen Vacations and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Sep 28, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is friendly, awesome PTO and commission structure

Cons

Strange shift times and length?

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company with Growth potential

Sep 7, 2022 - In House Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-In growth mode, so promotions happening from within -most pay is commission, so you can build your own paycheck -the company culture is rewarding for employees who like to over exceed

Cons

In management you work long hours and have high expectations.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and congratulations on your 10+ years of service!! We LOVE a 5-star rating! Thank you for calling out the growth opportunities, the ability to build your own paycheck, and our rewarding company culture. Your advice to management has been noted and your review has been shared with our senior leadership team. Please keep the feedback coming and thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

This place operates like a cult

Aug 17, 2022 - Quality Assurance
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will obtain genuine friendships with coworkers/ some clients throughout working here.

Cons

The pay is horrible for the amount of work they force on you with zero training. They string you along with contests, then treat you poorly. They throw you in an expect you to grasp things without teaching. Very high stress environment, worked here for 3 years , started losing hair and became suicidal. I had no life outside of my work, never had holidays off, never had weekends off. My boss’ would deny any PTO I tried to use because work was more important. There are black out MONTHS where you can’t take any time off.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Your feedback is very important to us as we continue our journey to excellence. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is disappointing to read that it was less than positive. We appreciate the 3+ years of service you spent with us, and wish it was a better experience. We invite you to share additional feedback with us so we can better address the areas of concern. Email us anytime at ask.hr@bluegreenvacations.com. Thanks again for taking the time, and for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Sep 20, 2022 - Any Position
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support, respect, flexibility, good leadership and good pay

Cons

Nothing to add, everything is working good for me

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not bad

Sep 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commission is good, easy job

Cons

Hourly base pay is low

6. 1.0

Deceitful Advertisted Pay

Sep 23, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

They do well at exploiting their employees for corporate profit. Schedule isn’t bad.

Cons

Pay is poverty wages, but they won’t tell you that until 1.5 out of your 2 weeks of livable “training pay” (what was advertised) is over. Lying, deceitful, and willing to starve employees for their bottom line. Go. Anywhere. Else.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Honest opinion, not negative

Sep 26, 2022 - Assistant Resort Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get to compare hotel world to timeshare world. Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay is not the best. Higher up leadership are basis on who they move up in the company

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good way to learn the basics of sales

Jun 2, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full-time is considered 32 hours/week (6hour days) Paid training for up to a month Very experienced leadership Extensive training provided by direct manager and extensive training provided from area and regional directors, excellent first job to start a career in sales Friendly but competitive environment Generous commissions structure

Cons

“Stick to the script exactly” style of sales Very strict quota expectations Company has an unrealistic expectation for performance in under-trafficked locations Constant stress during slow seasons Salespersons will get penalized if a customer doesn’t listen to everything they say and later complains about the terms of their purchase

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest detailed feedback. Your review will assist a prospective associate make a decision about their future. We appreciate you calling out our 32 hour workweeks, paid training for up to a month, very experienced leadership, extensive training provided by direct manager and extensive training provided from area and regional directors, excellent first job to start a career in sales, and friendly environment, and generous commissions structure! We strive to make sure all of our associates have a positive experience with us. We have shared your review with our senior leadership team and thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

9. 3.0

Bluegreen

Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Daily opportunity to truly share happiness.

Cons

Work life balance needs work.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good opportunity

Sep 3, 2022 - Salesman
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to make money is there. Family-oriented company

Cons

Stress to make a sale and get paid.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for the 5-star review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue our journey to excellence. We are pleased to see you appreciate the earning potential here and the family-oriented culture. We thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,010 Reviews

Bluegreen Vacations Reviews FAQs

Bluegreen Vacations has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,035 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Bluegreen Vacations to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bluegreen Vacations employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bluegreen Vacations. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

58% of Bluegreen Vacations employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bluegreen Vacations 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bluegreen Vacations to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Bluegreen Vacations Job Seekers