Bluegreen Vacations Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO Shawn Pearson
Shawn Pearson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Well organized company with great benefits and an employee first approach to business" (in 36 reviews)

• "It is a great family work environment" (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not having random drug testing especially in the upper management down" (in 26 reviews)

• "Low pay, growth is a slow process, high turnover rate" (in 13 reviews)

1. "One Year Review of Bluegreen"

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Telemarketer in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team.....working conditions are excellent.....management is accessible

Cons

Would like to see more group trainings and suggestions to sharpen my rebuttals. We had one that was very helpful...

Mar 4, 2019 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback as we continue to work to improve as an organization. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations. Your review has been shared with our senior... More

2. "Bluegreen cust service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO. if you work you can grow. just show up and do your job

Cons

the higher you climb the less availability there is the spots. no one leaves those positions.

3. "Meh"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Associate

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time

Pros

Good comp plan but hard to get it

Cons

Hard to meet minimum requirements. Get write ups for talking to co workers. Micro management. Horrible new director.

4. "Great Company-Not For The Passive"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly Commission Pay
    Discounts on Travel and Vacation Stays
    Promote From Within

Cons

Not much of a Work life balance
    Not For the Passive Type
    Overcoming customers perception
    High Employee Turnover

Advice to Management

Base Pay Could Be Improved. The company needs a well thought out training program.

Mar 4, 2019 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

5. "Fun place to work, horrific management"

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working front desk, Co-workers are wonderful to be with and helpful, fast paced work environment.
    Discounts on hotel partners and resort stays

Cons

Management is inexperienced, disorganized and don't care about employees.
    Many employees have uniforms that are too small or shirts that are torn and have not been provided new ones months after asking. Same for new employees who have to wait up to two months for a uniform.
    Management refuses to listen to anyone about anything even when the department is quickly going downhill.
    High turnover
    Training is not very thorough.

Mar 4, 2019 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your honest feedback and for your contributions to Bluegreen.

We are sorry to read about your experience with us, and if there is anything you... More

6. "You can find a better job elsewhere"

Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Care Package
    Vacation perks

Cons

Poor pay
    Fulltime is 75Hrs
    Overworked

Advice to Management

Get rid of the drama starters it causes you to lose good employees

Mar 4, 2019 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

7. "High Pressure Stressful OPC Job with Low Commissions"

Former Employee - Basspro Outdoor Traveler OPC in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Basspro Outdoor Traveler OPC in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers, beautiful Bass Pro location, nice Bass Pro Staff, nice Silverton Casino Staff, onsite Management was kind and nice.

Cons

Hard work standing on hardwood floor entire shift, upper management at corporate were out of touch and delusional on the marketing, consumers and how to sell this product. The kiosk is in a hunting and fishing store. Yet, none of the gifts are related to hunting or fishing. The only people interested are a few younger families with kids for Disney pkgs, Cruises and Steak Dinners. However, those families are all in the 40k to 45k income range. That does not meet their standards. Our other group is our CA visitors. Yet, we are on the wrong side of the interstate and they do not find us until they are on their way home. So they can not tour. They then just introduced min vacs to return to Vegas right before I left. Yet, once again lots of flawed marketing. The marketing material slicks have the wrong price and the receipts do not show the promotion we sold. It has the wrong gift and no place to show what was agreed upon. The other issue is the NQ policy. Most resorts in the industry NQ a tour during the first 10 minutes of arrival during discovery before podium. Bluegreen allows them to tour for 2 hrs and then keeps them another hour and 1/2 . The guest will say anything at that point just to leave. So they allow them to be NQ even 4 hours later which is insane. So with all this going on then, you will be lucky to get 3 tours a week. Which at their extremely low commission program that is about $150 if you are lucky. So way too much stress for hardly any money at all. The place is a constant merry go round of people quitting there daily. Upper management at corporate is completely oblivious to this and their answer is to keep hiring nonstop. Yet, hardly anyone stays and they can not figure out why. Seriously ??? Also, yet another vindictive and low integrity timeshare company when it comes to getting your license or permit out of there. They won't let you leave with it as traditional reputable real estate companies do. This place like many of the others punishes you for leaving by delaying your paperwork and holding your license hostage. Do not count on working for 2 weeks after leaving since they will make you wait the full 10 days allowed by law to get your license out of there. They will not authorize you walking it to the Division either. Very petty vindictive people in these places.

Advice to Management

Place some people that have a clue about Marketing in your Corporate Marketing Dept that is more detail-oriented and do their research. Learn your customer profiles and put together a program that makes sense. None of what you are doing right now makes any sense at all whatsoever. They really need to get their act together since their products and the upper corporate leadership is a mess and full of inconsistency and errors.

"Revolving door for a reason"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product itself is not bad
    For the right location, can be lucrative
    Upper Management and Company as a whole are nice people

Cons

Weak Training
    Budget set prior to your arrival and with no consideration of your current team
    Unrealistic Expectations
    Archaic sales method
    Very hard to hire people at my location

Advice to Management

I came in during a management switch. The gentleman who hired me decided to walk away from the company after having a long career for them in sales standards. That said, I met some folks who assured me that they saw my vision and believed I could usher us back into success at my location.

I did, but not to the standard that was given to me. I was expected to hit "budget" however, my staff and I were untrained. They expect you to approach every customer in Bass Pro and pitch vacation sales. On paper, this can work... the only problem is that depending on your area (mine was surrounded by million dollar homes) folks are not that receptive to a $199 getaway while having to sit through a 2+ hour timeshare presentation. On top of it, the company has been in Bass Pro's for YEARS and BP customers are regulars. During my tenure, I approached the same person several times.

That said, my team slowly improved month after month. Yet, because it wasn't to the speed my regional wanted, I was written up month after month...while also writing my staff up for everything.

After my second write up, I started looking elsewhere and landed another job. After I left, the location was gutted and all new people are there.

So as you can see, you have a short leash, with little to no time to change.

Feb 25, 2019 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. While performance-based roles are not for everyone, we work very hard to create a positive and fun environment, and our leadership team strives to ensure all associates... More

9. "If I could rate lower I would"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a good amount of PTO when you start off. 4 weeks. The only good thing.

Cons

The politics in this company is suffocating. You get growth and recognition by favoritism or by who you know. Hard work gets you nowhere. It was awful working for this company and finding a new job was a blessing. Any department at The Fountains is bad. Heads up. All managers are political.

Advice to Management

Focus on hard work and not favoritism. We spend 8 hours daily here. Don't make it miserable for us.

10. "Great starter job"

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time

Pros

Flexible
    Potential
    Training
    Attire
    Culture
    Different opportunities

Cons

Favortism
    Language
    Too much down time
    Change of procedure

Jan 28, 2019 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.