Bluegreen Vacations Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Shawn Pearson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Recently the CEO of Bluegreen resigned so there is hope that there will be a change in upper management here at the Fountains in Orlando (in 24 reviews)

• I work at a call center close by and from the looks of it they can't keep employees very long They have a very high turnover rate (in 10 reviews)

1. "OPC"

Former Employee - OPC in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - OPC in Savannah, GA

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training, Short work days, full benefits, good spiffs, amazing supervisors

Cons

Lots of rejection. You only get placed in the high traffic booths if you have been there for a while and are producing. Work outside year round.

Advice to Management

the money you are promised for an opc position is highly inflated! You can make good money from time to time but it is not consistent.

2. "Reservationist"

Current Employee - Reservationist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Reservationist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promotes a very positive atmosphere
    Does promote from within

Cons

Scheduling
    Massive turnover rate
    Managers lie in that they follow scripted responses that at a base level are true but not entirely accurate.
    Making commission is not going to happen

Advice to Management

Employees don't need to be sold on the company the same way customers are. Revenue does not come easy and not everyone, especially new people get the opportunity to actually generate real revenue through queue calls.

"Former Rep and Retail Manager."

Former Employee - Retail Marketing Manager in Wrentham, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Marketing Manager in Wrentham, MA

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sales training and product. Overall, a great company. Challenges change daily. Great benefits and decent culture. Enjoyed visiting the resorts. My fiancee is an owner.

Cons

While I learned a lot, as both a rep and manager, the expectations are often too high. I was given the opportunity to run a brand new location. While I hit my budget, even had 0 refunds in an entire month ( extremely rare ) - the District/regional managers set goals that are not simply not in line with foot traffic. The trickle down effect is too much in this company. Unreal expectations are carried down, thus hurting morale in crucial times. Another detrimental issue in this company are the lies told to owners and potential owners. You often have to undo someone else's misinformation.

Advice to Management

Higher commission structures. Streamline company core values through "internal secret shoppers" to hold timeshare sales, managers, rep accountable. Ease up on missed "quotas", especially when it's known they may not be attainable. Setting the bar high is excellent, pushing and slandering those that aren't meeting it, is not. I would have made a career here if values were in line and district managers weren't pushed into corners for performance. Great company, too many inconsistencies.

4. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only what 31 hours a week. Great commission plan that can realistically earn you at least $1k weekly with realistic income much higher with hard work, discipline, commitment and determination. Super chill environment. Come in focused. Make your money and you have the rest of the day to do whatever your heart desires. Plenty of paid time off available. Paid holidays. Good benefits. Resort perks.

Cons

You will have days when you're tired of hearing no but the support is there to build you back up. This job will not long term for a more pessimistic person. You are forced to become a positive person here if you desire to succeed in sales.

Advice to Management

I'm not the best with time so I would say be a bit more lenient with breaks. Other than that, you are all amazing!

5. "Pretty comfortable environment"

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time

Pros

30 hr work week. Decent benefits. Good if you can quickly build rapport with client and close. Not a hard product to sell.

Cons

Seasonal at our location. Customers are shopping for anything other than what you're selling as there is no store front.

Advice to Management

Good management. Gets good performance from sales team despite challenges of location.

Sep 1, 2017 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

We appreciate you recognizing our talent management team and the effort the make to provide the best experience for our associates.

Thank... More

6. "Sales Dept needs a lot of work"

Former Employee - Call Center Sales
    Former Employee - Call Center Sales

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time

Pros

The trainers are amazing, great coffee & good incentives ($) / benefits if you last

Cons

Management can be hypocritical. They micromanage you, give you a horrible script to work with and then blame you when you don't sell. It is shady being a 3rd party marketer and then expect customers to willingly fork over their credit cards.

Advice to Management

Hire more T.O.'s that don't sit & just collect salaries. Have encouraging management & a better script

7. "it's a good paying job to gain experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good commission plan
    benefits
    associate use of resort
    30 hour work weeks

Cons

prices never change, hard to create urgency when the same customers have constantly seen you for the past few years

no room for growth unless you drink the company kool aid

Sep 1, 2017 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I have shared your review with the respective business leaders.

We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen.

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manteca, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manteca, CA

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great commissions, guaranteed base wage, flexible hours, fun environment, supportive and competent management.

Cons

it's sales so there is a lot of "no's" before you get your "yes"

Sep 1, 2017 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the five-star review! We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen and appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with the organization.

Share Happiness!

9. "GSA"

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time

Pros

4 weeks paid time off

Cons

Pay, some long working hours

Sep 1, 2017 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your contributions to the company and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.

Share Happiness!

10. "Can be Great Pay, High Turnover"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Several years with Bluegreen and still here. Laid back work environment. Resorts are beautiful. Pay can be AMAZING (Sales & Marketing) if you are willing to put in some very hard work to make it happen from week to week. Benefits are just okay, Vacation Perks are great (if you can chance taking time off and still have job when you come back)

Cons

For the cons... Very few have longevity with the company. Most managers lead by intimidation tactics and often undermine corporate standard operating procedures with ridiculous rules changes on a daily/weekly basis that make it harder to do the job you were hired for. Employees learn quickly to sit back and deal with unfair treatment and policies for the sake of job security. You're only a number, not a person.

Sep 1, 2017 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback, it is very important and helpful.

Your comments under "cons" have been noted and forwarded to our business leaders. Please continue to... More