KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bluegreen Vacations

Engaged Employer

Bluegreen Vacations

Add a Review

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews about "bluegreen"

Updated Jul 31, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,005 of over 1K reviews
3.4
61% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 37 of over 1K reviews

3.4
Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO Alan Levan (no image)
Alan Levan

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits if you can steer the course and remain employed through the probation period.(in 106 reviews)
  • "If you perform good pay but they always figure a way to cut your commissions.(in 63 reviews)
  • "People are great and nice(in 38 reviews)
  • "Great training!(in 20 reviews)
  • "you can make some good money(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bluegreen Vacations and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "bluegreen"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity

Nov 19, 2020 - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Uncapped commission Great PTO & 401 K program

Cons

None, Bluegreen was a great opportunity

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you fort taking the time to share your review and for the 5-star rating! Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team, and we appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A solid workplace, great creative team and good synergies there.

Jul 31, 2021 - Creative Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Better than average pay and benefits, a dedicated work force, matching 401k, opportunities to enjoy resort stays.

Cons

Not many opportunities for professional growth or (salary) once you're in. Silos still exist across the company, which can make collaboration challenging. Bluegreen is owned by a holding company, which can be a little concerning when business is off, which happens. The industry can be highly susceptible to economic shocks and most recently, pandemics; it's just the nature of the travel & leisure industry. There were at least 5 layoffs during my tenure there.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team. Your feedback is part of what helps us grow and evolve as an organization. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fun at first but nightmare in the end

Apr 20, 2020 - Quality Assurance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a fun place to work in the beginning with great travel benefits

Cons

Where do I start. It seems that this company doesn’t not value talent or intelligence but rather seniority of staff, even if they are not qualified for positions. The admin team is paid EXTREMELY low wages compared to sales, and works significantly longer hours. Because I was salaried, I was expected to literally work almost everyday last summer, I did 15 days in a row with no days off, and days were 8am-7pm most of the time. There is zero work life balance. This job consumes your entire life. Constant worrying about meeting goals and job security on top of low pay and extreme hours is a recipe for severe mental burnout. I was never valued for my worth and intelligence at bluegreen, even after being there for 6.5 years. This company does not respect employees nor do they fairly compensate employees. They are extremely shady and overall made me feel slimy as well. Definitely not a company I would ever recommend and am honestly so happy I got out.

3 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is important to us as we continue to evolve as an organization. Your concerns are important to us, and we invite you to contact us at ask.hr@bluegreenvacations.com to discuss them further. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations and have shared your review with our senior leadership team.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Take a class in corporate politics before you work for bluegreen

Jan 2, 2020 - Inventory Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I met some amazing people during my time at bluegreen.

Cons

I worked for this company for 6 plus years. When I first started with bluegreen I loved going to work. After about 6 months I realized there is a long-standing culture of unabashed favoritism and a lack of support for non-essential employees cares and concerns. The way I was treated by the manager and director was mean spirited, cruel, heartless and in my opinion it was vengeful retaliation for going above their heads. For the sake of space I will keep this review brief. I was experiencing extenuating personal circumstances, I requested a transfer to a different office, I was given the transfer but only temporarily. My position was terminated in a way that I could not get a severance payout and I could not get unemployment benefits. This is just one of the mean spirited, spiteful and retaliatory experiences myself and coworkers experienced within the department . I witnessed coworkers being berated and singled out for addressing the unabashed favoritism in the department and unfair negative performance reviews.

4 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact me to address your specific concerns in more detail dalia.burack@bluegreenvacations.com. Your review has been shared with senior leadership, and we thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Save Yourself and Don't Apple

Nov 26, 2019 - In-House Marketer in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Little to no brain power

Cons

-The management sucks - The pay is not as good as they say it is - Headhunters look at TimeShares as a fake job, forget about putting it on your resume -If you are new you will work 1-9 everyday and will never be home - Hours sucks, it is a hotel that is open 24/7 so expect no time off with working weekends and holidays - There is more BlueGreen haters than lovers, and you'll notice that after talking to people - You are actually a concierge THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARKETING - The manager does not understand how to manager, very passive agressive, rude, and does not understand organization and how to talk to people. Honestly, I could go on all day about how accepting this job was the worst decision of my life. Save yourself and do not do it. It will not benefit you in any way... you went to college for 4 years to find a career... so do that somewhere where it will benefit you.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your review has been shared with senior leadership, and we thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High Pressure Stressful OPC Job with Low Commissions

Mar 10, 2019 - Basspro Outdoor Traveler OPC in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co-workers, beautiful Bass Pro location, nice Bass Pro Staff, nice Silverton Casino Staff, onsite Management was kind and nice.

Cons

Hard work standing on hardwood floor entire shift, upper management at corporate were out of touch and delusional on the marketing, consumers and how to sell this product. The kiosk is in a hunting and fishing store. Yet, none of the gifts are related to hunting or fishing. The only people interested are a few younger families with kids for Disney pkgs, Cruises and Steak Dinners. However, those families are all in the 40k to 45k income range. That does not meet their standards. Our other group is our CA visitors. Yet, we are on the wrong side of the interstate and they do not find us until they are on their way home. So they can not tour. They then just introduced min vacs to return to Vegas right before I left. Yet, once again lots of flawed marketing. The marketing material slicks have the wrong price and the receipts do not show the promotion we sold. It has the wrong gift and no place to show what was agreed upon. The other issue is the NQ policy. Most resorts in the industry NQ a tour during the first 10 minutes of arrival during discovery before podium. Bluegreen allows them to tour for 2 hrs and then keeps them another hour and 1/2 . The guest will say anything at that point just to leave. So they allow them to be NQ even 4 hours later which is insane. So with all this going on then, you will be lucky to get 3 tours a week. Which at their extremely low commission program that is about $150 if you are lucky. So way too much stress for hardly any money at all. The place is a constant merry go round of people quitting there daily. Upper management at corporate is completely oblivious to this and their answer is to keep hiring nonstop. Yet, hardly anyone stays and they can not figure out why. Seriously ??? Also, yet another vindictive and low integrity timeshare company when it comes to getting your license or permit out of there. They won't let you leave with it as traditional reputable real estate companies do. This place like many of the others punishes you for leaving by delaying your paperwork and holding your license hostage. Do not count on working for 2 weeks after leaving since they will make you wait the full 10 days allowed by law to get your license out of there. They will not authorize you walking it to the Division either. Very petty vindictive people in these places.

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your review is important to use as we continue to evolve and grow as an organizations. Your review has been shared with our leadership team. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns please contact me directly at dalia.burack@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Forward Positive Work Environment with LOTS of Opportunties

May 7, 2018 - Business Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I previously worked with Bluegreen a few years ago and had returned six months ago as a contractor within the IT Dept. I am proof POSITIVE that hard word, energy and displaying a "CAN DO ATTITUDE" can reap rewards. This company embraces individuals and genuinely strives to make all of their team successful. Their care and compassion for the employee's, our customers and globally with their philanthropic efforts are AMAZING. I would strongly encourage anyone looking for GREAT place to work, Bluegreen Vacations is for you.

Cons

I have a bit of a commute but well worth it. - I see priorities shift frequency (but this type of fine tuning) is what keeps Bluegreen relevant and in-step with the needs of the customer. - Agile and SCRUM will WIN our battles

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest review, and we appreciate the 5-stars! Thank you for recognizing our incredible company culture. Your advice to management has been noted and shared with our senior leadership team. We thank you for all of your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Difficult transition but optimism abounds

May 3, 2018 - Activity Director in Banner Elk, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the cheap travel for employees!!!! The positive and progressive leadership is great and includes many listener’s thinkers and doers. I love how Bluegreen strives to produce a quality product and has a very welcoming community of people at the company.

Cons

Change is never without its difficulties, but this was a doozy. I watched our already hardworking team nearly crumble. I have never seen so many people under so much stress cry so often at work. We did prevail and are stronger for it, but more help in the beginning and less emphasis on the all-consuming, all things Bluegreen right away. It’s much to process and overloads and erodes an employee’s well-being. Slow and steady not fast and furious. To make matters worse, for all our extra efforts no one received their yearly bonus, that hurt.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback with us. We appreciate you recognizing our generous associate use program and our focus on quality. Your advice to management has been noted, and your review has been shared with our senior leadership team. Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company with amazing growth potential!

Nov 20, 2017 - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well organized company with great benefits and an employee first approach to business. I have had the opportunity to work at two properties within the company as well as participate in task force at three other properties. I have been blown away by their commitment to make us an industry leader within hospitality. I have worked with several other big name hospitality companies and Bluegreen is by far the most organized when it comes to standards and polices.

Cons

I would like to see the company expand its portfolio and start operating properties in the western part of the country. I have heard that we are looking to grow and I am excited to see where the next Bluegreen property is located.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and for your contributions to Bluegreen. I am pleased to see you point out the competitive associate benefits offering as well as our associate-focused approach to business. Your feedback regarding the expansion of our portfolio has been noted and already communicated to executive leadership. Thank you again for the stellar feedback. Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sales & Marketing Mnanager

Sep 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Share Happiness with your customers / Sales an amazing vacations for less.

Cons

No enough career opportunities in Bluegreen.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We consider it an integral part of our journey to become the best organization we can be. We thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen, and wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews