KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bluegreen Vacations

Engaged Employer

Bluegreen Vacations

Add a Review

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 14, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,006 of over 1K reviews
3.4
62% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 44 of over 1K reviews

3.4
Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO Alan Levan (no image)
Alan Levan

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits if you can steer the course and remain employed through the probation period.(in 104 reviews)
  • "If you perform good pay but they always figure a way to cut your commissions.(in 57 reviews)
  • "People are great and nice(in 35 reviews)
  • "you can make some good money(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great training!(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bluegreen Vacations and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, Great Company !

Nov 7, 2019 - Sales Manager in Garland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Empowerment of Employees and Managers Unlimited potential for growth and opportunity Promote from within the organization Extensive support from Upper Management Superior Administrative Support Team

Cons

I have nothing but positive things to say

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stay Clear

Nov 14, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay if you put the work in. Have to admit one of the best benefit plans I have seen with the company offering 4 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks sick, 2 float, full dental health and vision and 401k.

Cons

Management and upper management is shady. Payroll will mess up your paychecks. Management will slide down your throats till you are performing 200% of budget and then that isn't good enough and they want more.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team. Your feedback is part of what helps us grow and evolve as an organization. Please contact us at ask.hr@bluegreenvacations.com to further discuss your concerns. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Support Your People

Jul 13, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Members of the frontline are the hardest working of them all.

Cons

Upper management needs to approve upon their motivational skills. Support of those out in the field is lacking. It's all about the numbers, not about the people. No work/life balance. Expect to work 6/days a week

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice company to work for.

Jun 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous vacation and sick time policy, good work/life balance. Associate use of resorts once a quarter. Excellent health benefits, dental, vision, 401(k). The upper management is approachable and communicates well. The headquarters in Boca Raton is a cool facility with a gym, yoga, coffee shop and grab-n-go on the premises.

Cons

The pay is low. It is challenging to get promoted. Job openings are posted on the website, but I get the impression that the positions are filled before they are actually posted.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team. Your feedback is part of what helps us grow and evolve as an organization. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

5. 2.0

Don’t work here!!!

Jul 15, 2020 - In-house Marketing Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice discounts for excursions and resorts and flexible PTO

Cons

Management is shady and upper management doesn’t even care.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is important to us as we continue to evolve as an organization. Your concerns are important to us, and we invite you to contact us at ask.hr@bluegreenvacations.com to discuss them further. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations and have shared your review with our senior leadership team.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High Pressure Stressful OPC Job with Low Commissions

Mar 10, 2019 - Basspro Outdoor Traveler OPC in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co-workers, beautiful Bass Pro location, nice Bass Pro Staff, nice Silverton Casino Staff, onsite Management was kind and nice.

Cons

Hard work standing on hardwood floor entire shift, upper management at corporate were out of touch and delusional on the marketing, consumers and how to sell this product. The kiosk is in a hunting and fishing store. Yet, none of the gifts are related to hunting or fishing. The only people interested are a few younger families with kids for Disney pkgs, Cruises and Steak Dinners. However, those families are all in the 40k to 45k income range. That does not meet their standards. Our other group is our CA visitors. Yet, we are on the wrong side of the interstate and they do not find us until they are on their way home. So they can not tour. They then just introduced min vacs to return to Vegas right before I left. Yet, once again lots of flawed marketing. The marketing material slicks have the wrong price and the receipts do not show the promotion we sold. It has the wrong gift and no place to show what was agreed upon. The other issue is the NQ policy. Most resorts in the industry NQ a tour during the first 10 minutes of arrival during discovery before podium. Bluegreen allows them to tour for 2 hrs and then keeps them another hour and 1/2 . The guest will say anything at that point just to leave. So they allow them to be NQ even 4 hours later which is insane. So with all this going on then, you will be lucky to get 3 tours a week. Which at their extremely low commission program that is about $150 if you are lucky. So way too much stress for hardly any money at all. The place is a constant merry go round of people quitting there daily. Upper management at corporate is completely oblivious to this and their answer is to keep hiring nonstop. Yet, hardly anyone stays and they can not figure out why. Seriously ??? Also, yet another vindictive and low integrity timeshare company when it comes to getting your license or permit out of there. They won't let you leave with it as traditional reputable real estate companies do. This place like many of the others punishes you for leaving by delaying your paperwork and holding your license hostage. Do not count on working for 2 weeks after leaving since they will make you wait the full 10 days allowed by law to get your license out of there. They will not authorize you walking it to the Division either. Very petty vindictive people in these places.

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your review is important to use as we continue to evolve and grow as an organizations. Your review has been shared with our leadership team. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns please contact me directly at dalia.burack@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Revolving door for a reason

Feb 15, 2019 - Sales Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The product itself is not bad For the right location, can be lucrative Upper Management and Company as a whole are nice people

Cons

Weak Training Budget set prior to your arrival and with no consideration of your current team Unrealistic Expectations Archaic sales method Very hard to hire people at my location

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. While performance-based roles are not for everyone, we work very hard to create a positive and fun environment, and our leadership team strives to ensure all associates are provided with the tools and training they need to be successful. All expectations are set based on the same data used for each operation. Your feedback is important to us. Thank you and best of luck in the future.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great for under 30 crowd, not so much for older employees.

Nov 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits with PTO accrual after 90 days. 401K and investment options. Good insurance package, if you can afford it. Easy job profile if you are familiar with timeshares.

Cons

Advancement offered to only a few. Too many "bosses" on the job. Regular pay raises not given. Conflicting information given to owners and guests between sales department and front desk. Lack of communication between employees and management concerning information necessary for overnight shift personnel. (They "forget" you work there.) Upper management plays "favorites" and ignores other employees.

3 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your honest feedback and for your contributions to Bluegreen. We are sorry to read about your experience with us, and if there is anything you wish to further discuss, you can reach me directly at dalia.burack@bluegreenvacations.com. Improving our organization and setting realistic expectations from our valued associates is something we take very seriously. Your review has been shared with our leadership team. Wishing you all the best.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working as a team to make sure all areas are covered!

Aug 7, 2018 - House Keeping QC in Branson, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The chance to advance within the company. Being able to transfer to another BG property without a problem. The good benefits BG offers. Seeing everyone pull together as a family when one person of the group has a family loss or medical issues.

Cons

Not having random drug testing especially in the upper management down. Not being able to openly speak to your managers about a problem within without being treated as if your the problem. Trying to keep a positive attitude when your manager's bring everyone down on a daily basis. It makes it hard to go to work when you know that one of your managers will have something negative to say to bring everyone down.

4 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest and detailed feedback with us. It is extremely important to us as we continue to grow and evolve as an organization. We appreciate you pointing out the career advancement opportunities afforded to you as well as the generous and competitive health and life benefits offering we provide to our associates. Your advice to management has been noted and your entire review has been shared with our senior leadership. We thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Management running In -House Dept.

Aug 14, 2017 - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company as a whole is excellent. Great Benefits including 401K. You have the opportunity to make a great living,

Cons

The company as a whole is excellent. The In House sales dept. is another story. While you have the opportunity to make a great living, the work conditions are bad. Moral is very low in this dept as it's a "good old boys club." If your not part of the "club" the odds of success in this dept are low. Recently the CEO of Bluegreen resigned so there is hope that there will be a change in upper management here at the Fountains in Orlando.

Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. I have already forwarded your review to our business leader. Please continue to share your feedback with us, allowing us to continue to improve our organization to provide the best experience for our associates. We appreciate all of your contributions to the company. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dalia.burack@bluegreenvacations.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews