Bluewolf Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My comp increased by a third in my first year because I put in the effort plus my work/life balance improved" (in 19 reviews)

• "Everyone in the office is extremely willing to help when needed" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically a thing of the past" (in 18 reviews)

• "Growing pains to be expected from a rapidly expanding company" (in 18 reviews)

1. "Great company in a fast growing market"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is the leader in a really fast growing market (Salesforce consulting)
    - If you're smart and work hard, you'll rise really fast through the ranks - most of the mid-level and senior managers are relatively young
    - Company invests a lot in your professional success (i.e. talent management)
    - Great employee base - most are friends and hang out together after work

Cons

- Fast growing company means rapid change and not a lot of structure. If you're uncomfortable with this, you won't be happy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. "Great company - Below average salary"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, reasonable work/life balance (for the most part), awesome learning opportunities

Cons

Salary is not competitive

3. "Culture was great until it was acquired"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Culture. Amazing Pay. Amazing benefits.

Cons

Management issues were the biggest issue. Too many changes post acquisition that made the best parts of the company go away.

4. "Good, but growing pains"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of flexibility, can work remote, nice people

Cons

Inconsistent project work if you're not in one of the core functions

"IBM has gutted Bluewolf"

Former Employee - Client Advisor
    Former Employee - Client Advisor

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Best in class delivery team, strong position in the marketplace

Cons

IBM has changed everything. Client Advisor's must work twice as hard to make the same amount of money and there is a process for everything

"A once great consultancy has lost its soul to Big Blue"

Former Employee - Technical Architect in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The talent is top-notch. You will get challenging assignments. IBM provides a very stable base and reasonable benefits.

Cons

The culture WAS a cut above when I joined 18 months ago, but almost none of that has survived the transition to IBM. The focus now is on getting large, multi-million-dollar deals, or making lowball offers to big clients so that they can get in the door in the hopes of securing a large, multi-million-dollar deal once they're established. The old premise of Bluewolf projects, which was primarily remote work with limited travel of no more than 25%, is now a thing of the past. Projects are thrown together on the fly if they can land them, and consultants are thrown on a project for full-time travel if that's what the client wants, regardless of their preferences. As more and more of the staff have fled since the acquisition, there is more and more yanking people from project to project to fill holes, and more and more projects are going into the red. Work/life balance is basically a thing of the past.

In addition, the IBM commitment to penny-pinching is being felt through more and more large-scale projects as the low-level development gets offshored to their India garage, causing all manner of timing, communication, and quality issues.

Advice to Management

Get your house in order. You need to treat your talent with respect, or you're going to keep losing them.

"Worst Experience of my Professional Career"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Client Advisor in Madison, WI

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid delivery team.

Good people on the sales team.

Got my experience in the ecosystem-went to a smaller firm and make a lot more money, have great leadership and feel valued ...still...after being here over a year. Definitely a pro after putting up with hell at bluewolf.

Cons

Lower than market value base pay
    Terrible leadership in sales.
    IBM acquisition
    Clown for a manager. Rude, condescending, not even worth going into.

If you're considering this place for a sales career, don't even think about it. Run. Fast.

Advice to Management

Clean house.

8. "Great company, great experience!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to learn and fail; excellent management and environment.

Cons

No real technical support system in offices

9. "Worth the effort of post acquisition growing pains"

Current Employee - Delivery Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Services in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlike so many others, I came to Bluewolf because of its acquisition by IBM. I look forward to the options of belonging to a much larger organization while still being part of a small, entrepreneurial shop. The projects are challenging. Most people are hard working and know their stuff so you can learn a lot even if you are far into your career path. My comp increased by a third in my first year because I put in the effort plus my work/life balance improved.

Cons

If companies in transition frighten you then stay away. Bluewolf is shifting from small to medium size T&M projects to much larger, fixed-price enterprise projects. That does not come without challenges including rapid growth. For those who are willing to put in the effort, the rewards will come as the company is reshaped.

Advice to Management

Keep listening. Communicate the core values that make Bluewolf unique and fight for them. Educate those brought in over the last 1-2 years in the Bluewolf methodology as growth has hurt consistency.

"Acquisition has drastically changed structure and culture"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The possibility of exposure to cutting edge tech - and teams that are wholly focused on them.

Cons

Echo strongly the review posted on Feb 8th. The office managers and support teams were cut. Impact is that - instead of a go-to person for HR, benefits etc - there is a different phone number and queue for essentially the same quality of benefits (if not worse- as was the case for immigration support). Selling projects are less about an approach that drives towards client and team success and more about working back from a number and throwing whatever titles and hours are available. The BW PMO office was cut so no one is even attempting the once rigorous PACE reviews that protected resources from hell-holes of projects. IBM PMO is focused on pleasing clients and instead of supporting resources - not realizing that doing the latter empowers resources to take care of clients. The PMO resources on the project are tied up with all kinds of bureaucratic procedures and financial forecasting - leaving actual project management/ stakeholder management up to technical resources. The tearing into pieces of a model / culture that both made money and provided incredible employee experiences is truly tragic to watch.

Advice to Management

I don’t think Bluewolf management has much power to affect change - which is part of the problem - there are metrics and shareholder returns that now need to be met. To IBM management the advice is to stop acquiring well functioning companies for their culture and then destroying it.