Bluewolf Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Pros
  • Emphasis on a good work / life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Always willing to help each other out (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Teamwork makes the dream work!"

Current Employee - Beyond Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Beyond Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf (Less than a year)

Pros

The wide array of subject matter experts available to collaborate with makes it so there is always someone knowledgeable to talk to if you need help dealing with new material. Everyone is very easy to work with and nobody demands more than can be reasonably expected.

Cons

None that I have found yet!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Bluewolf Response

Feb 23, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to see you met great people and have seen the opportunity to collaborate and work with others!

2. "Bluewolf = Endless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Training & Development Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Training & Development Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

I choose to accept my position with Bluewolf, over a position that I was offered at Goldman Sachs. Six months later, I can tell you that I'm 110% happy that I chose to be a Pack member. I wanted a career where I could raise my hand and have my voice heard. It's refreshing to see C level management participate in day to day activities and support the suggestions that their team makes. It's exciting to be a part of a team that has been around long enough to know the ropes, yet is still in the growing stages and to play a part in what's to come. In the short time I've been here, I've taken on new responsibilities, been compensated for exceeding my expectations, and have made some new friends that are fun to be around. Bluewolf IS the best place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the work-life balance gets a little blurred. I've noticed in my 3 year career, that this happens often at great companies. We become so devoted to what we do that sometimes we are here working late, or early in the morning, however we do what is needed to get the job done. At the end of the day, we see results and the compensation.

Advice to Management

My feedback to Michael Kirven- Keep on investing in the MOTR team, because we are making big things happen in 2011!

3. "One day is never the same!"

Current Employee - IT Resourcing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Resourcing in New York, NY

Pros

- Ideas rule. This place isn't for someone that wants to work a 9-5. If you want a career, this is the place and it is all about being creative and sharing / implementing new ideas.
    - It constantly changes because of the above and because of our clients needs. It truly makes it fun, keeps you on your toes and sure, stressful at times.
    - Lot's of cheering going on. If you do something minimally good, it's as if it is your birthday.
    - Club trip to Cancun... everyone goes
    - Michael Kirven, CEO, knows everyone by name, is super down to earth and hang out on the floor
    - We get to collaborate via email / gchat with other offices.
    - The team hangout outside of the office

Cons

- It gets a little loud with all of the activity in the office
    - We've run out of desks
    - You have to want to work a lot

Advice to Management

We need more office space

5. "Bluewolf: Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

By far the best place to work. Not only was I brought onto the team as a young man recently out of college, but I was provided with incredible support and training the beginning. The Management Team at Bluewolf is not only extremely friendly, kind, and fair, but on the business end of the spectrum they are extremely well versed in many different situations and verticals. I have grownfrom a young, confused man, into a strong salesman, and all of my credit goes to Bluewolf. When there are things tha you need to do, or something that comes up unexpectedly, Bluewolf has been there to help and make sure a kind ear was turned at all times. I would recommend Bluewolf to anyone who wants the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, be compensated properly, and develop lasting relationships.

Cons

Tough question: Sometimes work and the personal seem to overlap, but that is because the colleagues I have are extremely driven, strong, and effective human beings -- our results speak for themselves.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - it is surely working!

6. "Grow Personally and Professionally"

Current Employee - Agile Business Executive Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Agile Business Executive Associate in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Bluewolf is growing aggressively and at a fast pace, which means there is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth. I do not know of many organizations that put a major and consistent emphasis on team building, professional development, mentorship, and goal setting. It is refreshing to be apart of a culture that thrives on success and invites challenges. The new rotational program is building Agile Business Executives that go through three different rotations and learn how to perform and contribute to many aspects of the company's growth. The standards are high and the work we do for our clients is innovative and exciting. An awesome opportunity is at hand for those that are ready to take it on full force ahead.

Cons

Growing pains often require process improvements- not everything will be spelled out for you
    Pressure to keep up with the rapid growth- not necessarily a bad problem to have

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people that are hungry to make an impact
    Continue to emphasize business value not technology

7. "Like stepping onto the best fantasy football team you could ever have imagined."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Team oriented enviornment, daily collaborations, knowledge sharing, open communication.
    We live by the Agile methodology: Fail Early, Fail Often- until you get it just right.

Cons

We cover vast regions don't get to see the people we work with often (but there are a lot of calls). People who aren't into being "road warriors" beware, travel is required.

Advice to Management

Keep growing leaders, continue investing internally on training and cultivating the raw talent we are made of! There are more territories we need to take on and take over!

"Great place to work with great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I have been working at Bluewolf for 6 months and have to say that this is one of the best jobs I have had while I have been living to San Francisco. Bluewolf really values employee development and enrichment. Since being at Bluewolf I have been trained and certified in some of the most popular cloud based software, have taken courses on giving presentations, and had had extensive internal training. I think it is great to see a company invest so much in their staff. Senior management on my particular team is great and truly cares about becoming a mentor. I have been able to learn and grow in my role and I am able to be creative and independent.

I also love how flexible the company is. I can work from home, take time off, and pretty much make my own schedule. No one is peering over your shoulder and telling you what to do. Bluewolf treats their employees like adults...just don't abuse the privileges.

Cons

You definitely have to work hard, but that isn't necessarily a con. Sometimes upper management across departments are a bit disorganized, resulting in overlap of work and some frustration. The company is also rather segmented. It is segmented throughout each region and the company is very siloed between their recruiting and consulting arm. It is almost like two separate companies which can make collaboration difficult.

9. "Unbelievably satisfying and rewarding"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

Pros

As an entry-level new hire I had a one-on-one with our CEO (Michael Kirven) who gave advice on how to advance in his organization. Tremendous room for growth! We keep opening up offices and all types of positions are available. O yeah and once a year top performers get to go on a company sponsored tropical vacation!

Cons

It is challenging because you have to hit certain numbers to stay on target and it is all electronically documented in comparison to the rest of your coworkers throughout the country that is in your branch, so you can't hide.

10. "Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This review is specifically for the Beyond Program. This program specifically I find is a great group of people who are excited about their work and the value they add to their clients. I couldn't be happier and this is an amazing place to kickstart a career.

Collaborative Atmosphere
    Access to upper level management
    Great Vacation Policy (no limit)
    Challenging work
    Management open to feedback
    Treated as an adult - nobody is "checking up" on you
    Lots of face time with clients
    Chance to step up and own changes
    Chances to be certified in various technologies.

Cons

Our program is growing so quickly, that it may lead to downfalls. We still work as a start up at times which can lead to some frustrations.
    This is especially true in on boarding, though the company is actively working on making the process better. This will include more classes, mentoring programs & outings.
    This also leads to my second issue - space. We are a bit cramped, though the office is awesome and in a great location. We signed a new lease for next year so it should get better.
    Lastly, though we have a kitchen we have little communal food/drink. We should have some water, juice and sodas as well as some snacks. The people here work hard - we need some munchies :)

Advice to Management

Let's get a more cohesive onboarding process. Otherwise- keep it up!

11. "A wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is great working for such a fast-growth company with lots of opportunities for advancement. The management on Beyond genuinely cares about their employees and works hard to make sure that we don't over-work ourselves and that we get the help we need for any issues. The level of trust in employees is also great with the company allowing us to set our own hours and vacation schedule. They are very receptive to feedback and the CIO even sits down with us the entire team once a month to let us voice our opinions on anything that might be on our minds. There is also a very high level of transparency within the organization.

Cons

It can be difficult to let go and take a vacation because of the level of effort and dedication you put into your clients--but that isn't really Bluewolf's fault, more about making sure you give yourself the vacation you want and bringing yourself to actually do it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and dedication to employees even as the company grows!