Bluewolf Reviews | Glassdoor

Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Tough to maintain work life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Growing pains to be expected from a rapidly expanding company (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Agile Business Executive"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Too many to list. The ABE curriculum has been both challenging and demanding, but supplemented with enthusiasm and encouragement that has made the learning so rewarding and interesting. Management has been helpful in so many ways, especially in ensuring that our transition into the company runs as smoothly as possible. And my biggest pro: the company culture. Everyone I've had the opportunity to work with so far has been understanding, outgoing, helpful, and taken a genuine interest in getting to know me and integrating me in the culture.

Cons

No cons up until this point

Aug 10, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review and diving into our company culture. It is nice to hear you are feeling this way - here at Bluewolf we are committed to making our employees work experiences the best they... More

"A bizarre, unprofessional experience"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

-Worked with a few friendly people
    -Currently have flexible work schedules, but that will likely change with the IBM acquisition
    -Keurig on site with a variety of Kcups along with healthy snacks and occasional food delivered for meetings
    -Learn/use the infamous Salesforce

Cons

Be very wary of the glowing reviews on here; most of them were posted by employees still in the honeymoon period (within the first couple months of working at Bluewolf) and were encouraged to post reviews to earn PRIME points via the Salesforce platform or just fake reviews posted to increase the company rating. The "on boarding" experience is extremely disorganized and pointless, and no one seems to care enough to actually improve the process. You want to give new employees the best impression of the company that you can, and Bluewolf is currently failing at this task. Going from my experience working at Bluewolf, I cannot in good conscience recommend working here. This isn't my first job out of college, so I don't have the benefit of not knowing any better. If you're a fan of the frat/sorority/cheerleader-type of environment, then overall, the company culture would be a good match for you. Bluewolf cares much more about appearances than quality service. I must say, my time at Bluewolf was the most unprofessional, frustrating, and chaotic environment I've ever worked in, and I've worked in some colorful places. There's no excuse since this company was founded in 1999 and has had PLENTY of time to run a smoother ship. From the start, I got the sense that no one cares if you feel fulfilled in your role as long as you're doing what your manager wants you to do, but good luck knowing what those expectations are from day to day because your manager will likely go back and forth with decisions, giving the impression of major incompetence. I'll be real with you; I was looking for a new job a month after I started working here, and that's incredibly disheartening to admit. My interview experience was all over the place (in a bad way), and I have only myself to blame for not paying closer attention to the red flags before accepting the job offer.

You're also expected to become Salesforce certified within the first fifty days of working at Bluewolf, regardless of whether you've previously used the platform or not and dish out the $200 to take one or two exams. Each costs $200. The Salesforce website suggests becoming certified after several months of using the platform. But hey, it looks good for marketing purposes, so that's the real reason for that certification expectation at the start, if we're going to be honest here. True, you'll be reimbursed, but that's an uncertain timeline judging by how many people experience issues with the finance department and being reimbursed in a timely manner for expenses logged in Concur. Benefits are currently below average/poor, though that will improve somewhat once the IBM transition takes affect in the new year.

There's this constant feeling of uncertainty in the air, and let's just say that some people working at Bluewolf can't handle change or stress well and have major trust issues with the competence of the team. Egos should also be checked at the door with a few employees; I'd love to see how their work ethic would fare at a different company. I believe most, if not all, Bluewolf offices are open office layouts, which really equates to the company being cheap, regardless of the "collaborative" fluff you read about online and, in turn, offers plenty of noise, distractions, and an increase in #WFH #UTW Salesforce posts. The company is growing/filling in bouts of high turnover, but several offices are nearing max capacity or have surpassed it. What is the outlook on that? Relocation?

If you're looking for experience as an intern or already know going in that this stop is just a stepping stone into a better role elsewhere, by all means, give Bluewolf a go, but don't say I didn't warn you. Perhaps with the IBM acquisition, hiring processes and the overall way of doing things will improve, but IBM has its own pitfalls, as well, one being their rescinding the work-from-home perk, which Bluewolf higher ups claim won't affect current employees. I don't buy that. It's only a matter of time before IBM will expect Bluewolf/soon-to-be-official IBM employees to fall in line with all of their policies since IBM owns them now. Nothing personal. That's just business.

Advice to Management

Please don't just copy and paste from a list of previous HR replies to save face. Actually acknowledge what the genuine reviews are claiming and make changes. I also highly recommend having managers and directors at all offices go through a people skills course to shape up.

"Rigged reviews"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, driven colleagues. Great exposure to technology (IBM, Salesforce). Central office location. Flexibility in schedule (working from home is widely accepted).

Cons

Underpaid. Mediocre benefits. Maternity leave almost nonexistent. Overworked. High attrition within the corporate marketing team. Instead of properly nurturing employees and being more strategic about campaigns, C-Suite (cmo in particular) dumps work on existing employees when others leave — guised as an “opportunity to grow.” CMO only seems to look out for herself and image she portrays to CEO and the rest of the company + IBM. 5 star reviews seem rigged and used as a promo tool (“we’re hiring” as part of a review?)

Advice to Management

Focus on quality vs quantity. Reward employees accordingly for the work they do. Quit the BS about empowering women yet underpaying and overworking your own team — comprised mostly of women.

Nov 27, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience at Bluewolf. Our executive team is listening and making the changes necessary to create an amazing place to work.

"All about the sales"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Working remotely and good travel opportunities.

Cons

Since the acquisition by IBM the focus has been solely on revenue. There is plenty of work but most of the projects start red and stay that way for far too long. The sales team is focused on targets since they need to get to 1 billion in revenue. This means that the sales teams promise the world that is quite often impossible to deliver. When called out they are protected and blame delivery for everything. They are hiring like crazy to keep up and put inexperienced people straight onto projects without telling the client. A lot of staff are having to work on 2 or 3 projects up to a forecast of 60 to 80 hrs per week.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality delivery first and foremost not a massive sales pipeline. Train sales teams to not make ridiculous promises to clients and hold them accountable for this. On board and train new staff before sending them into so many red projects. Don't over utilize staff when you need every team member available and fresh to handle the volume of work.

Nov 27, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience at Bluewolf. Honest feedback like yours helps us to make the necessary changes to improve. Thanks again.

"HR told me to leave Bluewolf"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Unlimited Vacation, good hours, nothing else

Cons

Horrible management, low pay, poor training, HR told me to leave

Advice to Management

Don't let your talented employees go elsewhere

Nov 13, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

"Archaic Processes meets Uneducated Leaders"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

- Accepting another offer would be a pro. You deserve better

Cons

- Client work is often times very messy
    - The leaders on the marketing team don't have a strong understand on how to scale or build a team
    - High turnover
    - Low pay
    - Long hours with no recognition

Advice to Management

The CMO should respect all departments of business and act professional in every setting.

Nov 1, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Here at Bluewolf we are committed to making the best possible work environment - so I am disappointed to hear your experience. Honest feedback like yours helps us to make... More

"Your pack is dead"

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

All of them how do i know

Advice to Management

Hire better people to run your ship

Oct 10, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Bluewolf. Insights like yours help us to make the changes necessary to create an amazing place to work.

"Sales"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

non to really provide. Nice looking offices??

Cons

If you listen to reviews then LISTEN to this to help. Be ready for a role where no one cares if you really succeede or fail. Managment gave very little help and were not oginized at all. Most seemed to not even know there roll. Left the company and was not given anyfare help whatsoever with all the work that was done for them over the years. If you apply, beware, for a very unethical, unstructured and chaotic company with unprofessional managment and HR system. Take my advice no matter how "Hot" this company's opportunites look....chance somewhere else where your collegues and managment care about your future and success.

Advice to Management

Treat people as human beings instead of a desk and dollar sighns.

Sep 5, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Here at Bluewolf we are committed to creating work environment that is encouraging, helpful and organized - so I am disappointed to hear your experience. Honest feedback... More

9. "N/A"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IBM acquisition is a long term positive

Cons

Compensation is not merit based
    Senior management plays favorites. It is very political
    Far too many young employees that are inexperienced and lack knowledge and expertise in their subject areas
    Overall lack of structure

Advice to Management

Train managers

Mar 8, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Here at Bluewolf we are committed to creating an exceptional work environment - so I am disappointed to hear your experience. Honest feedback like yours helps us to make... More

"Stay away if you want to be contantly belittled"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

- Remote work environment.
    - They just got acquired by IBM

Cons

- Highly political...if you don't buy the BS you're going to be struggling
    - Will throw you under the bus at the first client hiccup
    - High turn over
    - Burn out their employees
    - Management is a joke

Advice to Management

If people really are your greatest asset start acting like it

Sep 22, 2016 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Here are Bluewolf we are committed to creating a comfortable work environment for our employees - so I am disappointed to hear your experience. Honest feedback like yours... More