Bluewolf Reviews | Glassdoor

Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is pretty hard (in 16 reviews)

• General growing pains of a quickly growing company (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Agile Business Executive"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Too many to list. The ABE curriculum has been both challenging and demanding, but supplemented with enthusiasm and encouragement that has made the learning so rewarding and interesting. Management has been helpful in so many ways, especially in ensuring that our transition into the company runs as smoothly as possible. And my biggest pro: the company culture. Everyone I've had the opportunity to work with so far has been understanding, outgoing, helpful, and taken a genuine interest in getting to know me and integrating me in the culture.

Cons

No cons up until this point

Aug 10, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review and diving into our company culture. It is nice to hear you are feeling this way - here at Bluewolf we are committed to making our employees work experiences the best they... More

2. "Awesome. Soo much could learn"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are down to earth.
    Everyone is willing to help.
    Excellent location close to the station.
    Covers every month phone bill.

Cons

Not a very spacious working place.
    Hard to find a desk when everyone turns up.
    Could be a bit hard to do programming when everyone is talking to clients.

Advice to Management

If there’s a quite study room would be great.
    More beers needed for Fridays.

"All about the sales"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Working remotely and good travel opportunities.

Cons

Since the acquisition by IBM the focus has been solely on revenue. There is plenty of work but most of the projects start red and stay that way for far too long. The sales team is focused on targets since they need to get to 1 billion in revenue. This means that the sales teams promise the world that is quite often impossible to deliver. When called out they are protected and blame delivery for everything. They are hiring like crazy to keep up and put inexperienced people straight onto projects without telling the client. A lot of staff are having to work on 2 or 3 projects up to a forecast of 60 to 80 hrs per week.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality delivery first and foremost not a massive sales pipeline. Train sales teams to not make ridiculous promises to clients and hold them accountable for this. On board and train new staff before sending them into so many red projects. Don't over utilize staff when you need every team member available and fresh to handle the volume of work.

4. "HR told me to leave Bluewolf"

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Unlimited Vacation, good hours, nothing else

Cons

Horrible management, low pay, poor training, HR told me to leave

Advice to Management

Don't let your talented employees go elsewhere

Nov 13, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience at Bluewolf. Honest feedback like yours helps us to make the necessary changes to improve. Thanks again.

5. "Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing at a rapid rate since the IBM acquisition and opportunity across the company.

Cons

Currently, nothing but been here less than 6 months.

Nov 6, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Insights like yours help us to make the changes necessary to create an amazing place to work.

6. "So pleased I've re-joined the Pack!"

Current Employee - Client Advisor
    Current Employee - Client Advisor

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Robust methodologies, highly skilled people, great environment and phenomenal on-boarding.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of something....there's not many forks in the kitchen?!

Advice to Management

Buy more forks :-)

7. "Great place to get stuck in and build opportunities"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Bluewolf for only a month now, but it's been a great experience to date. Not only are people very generous with their time and fun to be around but you get the opportunity to get stuck into a lot of different pieces of work very quickly which helps learn the ways of Bluewolf quickly.
    Fruit every week
    Great culture
    Very supportive staff
    You also have loads of opportunities to come up with ideas and suggestions.

Cons

You need to be able to be comfortable multi tasking which I love, and comfortable owning your role and making it what you want, again perfect for me. However if you need a high level of structure around you, maybe this isn't ideal for you.

8. "Creative, bustling, and on the upswing"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a consulting company, Bluewolf's workforce is intrinsic to its success and they greatly value career development. I can't speak to other functions with as much authority, but if you're a marketer here, you're working alongside the best-of-the-best and given challenging, highly visible projects as you're in the door.

The people here are smart, hard-working, creative, and pragmatic. You'll respect your colleagues and learn from them every day.

No complaints about management. They're good people and great at what they do.

Cons

Onboarding was a little messy. There's a ton of information, and getting it organized is still a work in progress.

We're understaffed (not intentionally—we're hiring; join us!). Thus, there is often more work than there are hands to do it. This results in many opportunities but also office-wide stress, particularly around Dreamforce time.

Benefits are reasonable, but not the free gym/free lunches/ping-pong/whatever thing you often see in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. This is a great place to work.

Nov 6, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you met great colleagues that you can learn from everyday. At Bluewolf our executive team is listening and making the changes necessary to create an amazing... More

9. "Marketing team needs new C-Suite leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Fabulous colleagues, smart people, generous paid leave (unlimited), teammates who value you, overall senior management is wonderful (with one significant exception), C-Suite leader's absence improved team spirit and performance

Cons

At present, our C-Suite leadership is exploitative of staff, which has created a high-turnover, negative, blame-driven work culture. High turnover is a result.

Marketing is hard work, but being valued, trusted and recognized makes it worthwhile. Underpaying high-performers is by design: it's universal here. Whatever is offered, ask for 20% more, at least.

Many colleagues who clearly exceed expectations have been passed up for promotion and raises. Pay is on the lowest end of the market. Be warned.

If you think you don't deserve more, trust me on this, you do. C-Suite leadership talks about backing women in leadership and then systematically devalues, undercuts and underpays women *because most will accept it.* If you are a woman, you definitely deserve higher pay than the offer you received.

Everyday, surmountable challenges include: lack of clear focus and alignment on strategic priorities, fast-paced culture, discomfort talking about failure that leads to failing to learn

Advice to Management

Carrots get most high performers much farther than sticks
    Carrots: improved health benefits, measured but deserved raises, respectful communication, investment in employee experiences
    Sticks: criticism, negativity, blame, saying no to deserved advancement (because you don't have a plan for scaling)

Nov 1, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you have met great colleagues and feel valued on your team. But, we are disappointed to hear that you have found some difficulties at Bluewolf. Honest... More

10. "My dream place to work"

Current Employee - Learning Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Agile, quick to adapt, Bluewolf is going places.

Cons

I don't have any cons to add.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.