Bluewolf Reviews | Glassdoor

Bluewolf Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Pros
  • Emphasis on a good work / life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Always willing to help each other out (in 10 reviews)

"Decent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

-Young
    -Good place to learn
    -You can make decent money if you put in work (I guess?)

Cons

-Cold calling
    -Shameful selling strategy
    -Manipulative atmosphere

2. "Project Manager"

Pros

Great people and good yearly trip.

Cons

There isn't much guidance from management and it seems slightly unorganized.

"management bald-face lied to employees"

Pros

somewhat flexible about working from home. opportunity to work with many different teams and clients, that is good networking for your career.

Cons

lots of office politics. creepy mandatory team-building. required to do things not in the interest of the client such as, avoid ever criticizing existing work by bluewolf, promote products that bluewolf earns a commission on over better solutions.

Advice to Management

rotten corporate culture. maybe it's improved since I left and they were acquired. going back in time to when I was there, my advice would be to promote the honest and punish dishonest.

Bluewolf Response

Sep 21, 2016 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. Here are Bluewolf we are committed to creating a culture that's driven, enthusiastic, and diverse - so I am disappointed to hear your experience. Honest feedback like ... More

5. "Business Analyst Co-op Position"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Bluewolf as an intern

Pros

Able to get Salesforce certification and knowledge, fast-paced environment , relaxed culture

Cons

Treated like an intern- asked to assemble monitors, order snacks, purchase beverages

"Overall Company Review"

Pros

Some extremely talented and smart people are employed at Bluewolf.

Cons

Environment is a bit cut throat and "clickish". Focus is not on customer but on billable hours; there needs to be a balance. Company is focused on younger less experienced talent and not professionals.

Advice to Management

Focus on the employee and create an environment that is focused on growth Mid level management tends to micro manage and this seems to be because of the young employees the company is comprised of.

"Know what you're getting yourself into..."

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

-Ability to get Salesforce Training and Licenses for free that's transferable on a resume
    -High profile clients
    -Casual and young culture
    -Attracts many nice individuals
    -Laid back culture that allows working from home
    -Free snacks and coffee

Cons

-My team's (proxy) supervisor and director gave completely unreliable feedback as to performance which didn't allow for accurate growth (i.e. false impression that expectations were being met when they weren't)
    -Gossiping about employees in front of other fellow employees was a daily, if not hourly, occurrence on the team
    -Sink or swim mentality that's ultimately detrimental to overall growth of the company (it takes time for people to learn procedures, especially when there is no clearly outlined training processes)
    -Turnover highly apparent
    -Be fully aware that you're signing a temporary non-compete contract in the event you leave which can stifle your career

Advice to Management

It's better to be direct regarding training procedures and expectations rather than relaying to employees they are doing a good job if they are not. I'd also highly recommend that calling employees out in meetings is unprofessional, distasteful, as well as callous.

"Great opportunity to springboard a career, but a miserable road getting there."

Pros

I truly felt like I was surrounded by an intelligent, sharp group, and I like that very much. I also liked the ability to work from home whenever necessary. As long as you get your work done, it doesn't matter where you work from. The opportunity to work with large recognizable brands is also very valuable in terms of building a resume, and the actual work allowed me to use my brain, which I enjoy.

Cons

I imagine it largely depends on which team you're on and which office you're located at, but my experience was terrible. I felt extremely unwelcome, found the higher ups in the office to be condescending and unwelcoming, and couldn't wait to get out. There's no training, and then they put you down for what you don't know, and make you feel like an idiot for asking questions. It's like whomever you talk to just doesn't have time for you--and they don't, given that the workload and pressure are extreme. It's like saying hello in the morning was a burden, and it could just be that I didn't fit in with that group, but I found it to be quite socially awkward there. Not necessarily everyone, but most people. It's like they had no personality at all; very bland. That's just my opinion, but that's how I felt. It was always just a little odd; like I couldn't connect with anyone, and like I was a fish out of water. Everything is extremely disorganized, starting with the on-boarding/hiring process. My interviews were canceled/rescheduled, then meetings with managers were constantly canceled/reschedule and after a while it seems very unprofessional, and you just start to get the feeling that you're pretty unimportant.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at how the common worker feels, not just those in the old boy's club. Don't just create a culture that constantly touts how spectacular it is, in fact the constant touting of it is almost counterproductive. Rather, place more importance on people who are actually genuine and nice.

"Average"

Pros

Culture is the one of best word to explain the company..

Cons

Work Experience/training was not so good from this company.

"Don't get comfortable here and ignore the blatantly fake 5 star reviews..."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-work/life balance is awesome
    -culture within each class/rank is good
    -open environment so you can learn quite a lot about the Salesforce ecosystem
    -very transparent (sometimes too much)
    -world class marketing team

Cons

-culture across the ranks pretty much nonexistent, can even be condescending sometimes
    -benefits are sub par even for a non-tech company
    -many here still don't even know what Salesforce's strategy is, so why did we even hire such people? they clearly don't care enough about what we do.
    -international strategy isn't very clear and it seems like we've only acquired companies to show that we're "international."
    -some people are worked projects after projects while some people coast through without much experience. I happen to be the former and I surely knew a guy who was smarter and asked for projects that basically wasn't assigned anything. The person left not too long after this went on for months.

Advice to Management

Rather than spending effort trying to sell/market culture internally, make it worth talking about already. A lot of feedback loops have been initiated without any measurement of success and it has become more of a process getting in our way of consulting projects. Also, don't tell your employees to write good reviews on glassdoor to try and boost ratings. It should be an accurate reflection of the company and not a way to manipulate people into joining the company.

Let disruptive employees take charge in leading projects to bring success. The hierarchy in place is rigid and the so called "create your own path" comes with a condition: "wait until it's your turn."

Bluewolf Response

Jul 1, 2014 – Head of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to review Bluewolf. We have never asked employees to write positive reviews, only honest ones like the one you shared. We do not advertise ourselves to be the perfect ... More

"Smart People, Poor Pay, Broken Promises"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Work with some incredibly bright individuals and are exposed to situation through which you can learn a lot

Cons

Uncompetitive pay, lots of talent lost to top tier, poor accountability

Advice to Management

Improve compensation so as to ensure talent isn't lost to top tier firms