KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Blume Global

Is this your company?

Blume Global

Add a Review

Blume Global Employee Reviews about "blume"

Updated Dec 5, 2020

Found 4 of over 113 reviews

3.2
Blume Global CEO  Pervinder Johar (no image)
Pervinder Johar
Pros
  • "Lively work environment, Very good management, Flat and transparent organisation structure(in 5 reviews)

• "Conducive Environment, Friendly People , Work life Balance(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a disgrace what upper management has done to this company(in 4 reviews)

• "It is true that Blume is very fast paced and that is how most of the start ups work(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "blume"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Fast Paced Startup to Learn New Technologies

Dec 5, 2020 - Software Engineering Manager in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great fast paced startup 2. Opportunity to learn and play with cool technologies like react, spring boot, kafka, docker, kubernetes, Google cloud to name a few 3. Great mix of young and experienced engineers 4. Great and helpful lead engineers with vast technology experience 5. Good compensation with good bonuses

Cons

I have read comments from the others. It is true that Blume is very fast paced and that is how most of the start ups work. Blume follows agile processes - so there are times where things had to be thrown away and rebuilt.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Blume Global stands for No Culture, No Values

Mar 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office space, snacks, epic computer monitors, a few talented and amazing folks who are *not* direct reports to CEO or his sidekick.

Cons

Toxic toxic atmosphere to the point where people call out "sick" when CEO and his sidekick are in the office. Engineering and other departments are made to work unreasonable hours, into the night during weekdays and weekends. It's worded as optional, but if you don't- you will have a target on your back. We are talking about employees with families! This company is advertised as a life/work balanced company. Clearly not the case. There's an organizational change every week depending on the mood of the CEO. Middle Management and Executive Management are "yes" men to the CEO. Forget about a full bonus or a good review. No Stock Plan. Only direct reports receive stock as mentioned in a Town Hall by one of the Board of Directors. CEO does not believe in Culture or Values. In fact, do not make eye contact with him or his side kick or you may be targeted. Stress level is so high that it has caused physical and mental illness for some employees. And attrition or getting pushed out of Blume is the normal routine.

29 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Opportunities For Professional Growth

Jan 14, 2020 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stability: We never have to worry about losing our jobs due to a lack of funding. It's an established company with HR implementing new changes to reflect our growing number of employees. Fast-Paced & Challenging: It's a workplace that will challenge your intellectual skills. Often, you will get thrown to something new and have the freedom to choose how it gets done. You will be given the opportunity to take on new projects of interest and be encouraged to go outside of your comfort zone. Great Teamwork: I am part of the Marketing team, and everyone is always willing to help. I get to work cross-functionally with R&D as well, and everyone is always willing to spend time with you to help you finish your projects. Friendships: Naturally since everyone is genuine, you feel like it's another family at work.

Cons

Blume Global has a startup culture. With that said, any startup is always 'unconventional' and 'chaotic' at times. Currently, with many recent customer wins, it is a busy time for everybody especially R&D and Engineering. Since we are moving so fast, it's hard to keep up with the workload.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

An Honest take

Jan 4, 2020 - Insidesales Manager in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a big vision which requires stellar execution - This is a pro because nothing is worse than working at a company that has stopped innovating. There are really smart people who work here - There is a lot of technical and industry expertise which gives me confidence in the direction of the company. You get the opportunity to so more than your job description - This is a pro for me but I understand that some people don't enjoy this. Side note - A few of the reviews I have read on here are just silly and I think its worth pointing out. We do have products that provide value to customers and we do have people who know how to create products that meet the needs of the consumers.

Cons

Low moral within some departments - I really wish this wasn't the case, I like this company a lot. I do believe we should be more transparent because when I interact with employees who are complaining its often because they lack information. Ive changed a few peoples minds about the company just by telling them some insights I have from being on the sales side of the business. That being said I have noticed some early indicators that lead me to believe we will have more transparency moving forward. High work load - I personally love this but I understand the desire for more work life balance within some departments that feel strained. Ive been a part of startups for most of my career and its not any different at Blume than what I have experienced in the past. If you are looking to be challenges I think you will find refuge here. No paternity leave - This is a selfish one, I have a kid on the way and it frustrates me a bit that we don't have a family leave policy fo fathers.

4 people found this review helpful