Boardroom Salon for Men Reviews | Glassdoor

Boardroom Salon for Men Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2020

4.2
Boardroom Salon for Men CEO and Co-founder Bruce Schultz  (no image)
Bruce Schultz
Pros
  • "Busy all the time and great clients(in 11 reviews)

• "That includes a great pay, amazing clients, awesome benefits, and a great working environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working weekends require, but we all knew what we were getting into becoming hair stylists(in 21 reviews)

• "The management was extremely harsh to employees, especially the front desk associates(in 7 reviews)

1. "A Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Master Barber in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for less than a year

Pros

At the board room I am able to teach the client how to take care of their hair with the right products 😁.

Cons

We need more locations across the world.

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-01-09
  2. "If you want to work for the military style lifestyle apply here. If you want to feel owned and like a slave apply here."

Former Employee - Hair Stylist

I worked at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Will stay busy. Hourly pay. Interesting clientele.

Cons

Very EXTREMELY strict, Micromanaging to the MAX. Management feels superior than the rest. Completely forget about your family and personal life, there's none of that here. You work for them, you make them their money, that's all they care for. You could very well be dying and they would still make you come to work somehow. There's no family/work life balance. Is their way or no way. And don't ever ever dare to ask for specific day off because it's almost as hard as pulling teeth out without anesthesia. The vibe is soo negative that all of the clients can sense it. They will force stylists to sale products and memberships to clients almost as if you were at the mall selling things off the kiosks and chasing after people. There's no true team in The Boardroom. It's all for their own. If there was a hurricane out and the city in which you live in and if it got flooded in every street in the city they would literally still make you go on boat to work or work at another city for the day without paying for your milage. There's absolute NO COMPASSION whatsoever from management in this place. Better off going to Finley's, The Tune Up, The Gents Place, Cut Throat or 18/8.

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-03-03
  3. "Worked 2 years ( Former manager)"

Former Employee - Front Desk Lead in Buckhead, GA

I worked at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits ! Dental and Vision . Great company , great owners , great concept would have loved to grow within the company , but little room for positivity within region . Too shady management . Work against each other instead of together .

Cons

Low pay structure , no overtime . Bad management, bashing employees. HR seems to be against normal protocol nothing is confidential, leaves nowhere to turn with concerns . Lost some really amazing staff due toxicity .

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-02-03
  4. "Great benefits!"

Current Employee - ASM

I have been working at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, 401k, PTO for vacation or sick days,

Cons

Open 7 days a week

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-01-09
  5. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, schedule flexibility, bonuses for front desk, meeting new people, discounts on products and services etc.

Cons

More options for bonus/commission as a front desk.

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-01-07
  6. "Great Place to work! Clients are the absolute best!!"

Current Employee - Stylist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Pay, Great Clients, Benefits

Cons

Closes a little late on the weekdays

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-01-07
  7. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, high tips, clientele, professional advancement, PTO

Cons

Wish they had a location in Florida

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-01-06
  8. "Sheit Show"

Former Employee - Stylist

I worked at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clients are amazing! Tips are the best.

Cons

Management is doo doo. Turn over in corporate causes turmoil in shops.

Boardroom Salon for Men2020-01-05
  9. "Management Move Around"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Austin, TX

I worked at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent tips Growth opportunity Promoted quickly Some education

Cons

Responsibilities not delegated properly A lot of turn over

Boardroom Salon for Men2019-11-11

"I’m a little undecided with my experience at the Boardroom"

Former Employee - Front Desk

I worked at Boardroom Salon for Men full-time for more than a year

Pros

At the location where I worked, the stylists were all great. The pay was okay, and the hours were good. The benefits were good too.

Cons

I worked at one of the flagship locations. The management was extremely harsh to employees, especially the front desk associates. If she was running behind on a client, it was your fault. If a client refused to give you an email, she would threaten to write you up. If there was a 15 minute gap in the schedule even though the client couldn’t come in any earlier/later, even IF they booked it online, she would move their appointment and double book a stylist, and tell you to figure it out. I got texts at midnight after a shift sometimes, asking about the most minor ‘mistakes’ on my behalf. I tried to quit multiple times, but I was convinced to stay, and I did because I really did love the team. While I was there, the employee turnover was ridiculous. I worked there for a little over a year, and saw 3 other receptionists quit before I did, and a 4th shortly after. I know I was good at my job and that I did everything I could to meet my goals and expectations. But the abuse was too much and I had to leave because of the anxiety it caused me to have. I can’t tell if it was just our location’s management, or the pressure she got from corporate.

Boardroom Salon for Men2019-10-18