Bob Evans Restaurants Assistant General Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Bob Evans Restaurants Assistant General Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2019

3.6
Bob Evans Restaurants CEO Saed Mohseni (no image)
Saed Mohseni
  1. "Server to Asssistant General Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has great advancement opportunities - i moved my way up to AGM in 6 years. Also this company is a great first job, the training programs are good to help you when you want to leave and go somewhere else. The employees become your family as your are always working together.

Cons

They use to have great benefits to offer better incentives to their employees, for example, time and a half pay on holidays, christmas bonuses, overtime if wanted, now they have nothing besides a vacation check if you've worked there at least a year, and work about 35-38 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Most of the time you lose the best employees but not by the direct management, normally by the corporate level people because they have forgotten what it's like to work in a restaurant. Stop changing policies and demanding so much out of your employees when you dont do their job.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-04-22

"Use to be great"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good food at great prices. Paid vacation and benefits.

Cons

Poor employee relations, want the most work done with the least amount of help. Stingy with money, will not let Managers fill spots to make job less stressful. For example one person to run prep/dish.. or one person to run prep on weekends. Unhappy employees.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-08-02

"Bon Evan's has a culture that does not embrace the human mind but could be a great spot for carefree on-crital thinkers."

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zero accountability so you can pretty much do as you please and make any kind of mistake. You're forgiven because there is a lack of willingness for people who want to work there. Many of the staff are ex-management who are good, but bitter and should have left the company due to their unrecognized potential.

Cons

There is zero accountability so that means your co-managers and even your boss doesnt have to be intelligent or even good at their job. It's insane but I guess it works for people who aren't aware they are lesser than their competition. Adversely, if you are intelligent, you are shunned and put down like you're insane. There is no changing this company. I know.

Advice to Management

The corporate business "leaders" aren't involved, partially, because I think they know they are dealing with a less intelligent management team. However, you miss out on seeing some amazing talent that could have a huge impact. It's such a shame.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-06-06
  4. "Good but"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money and good benefits

Cons

People dont want to come in.. you have you pick up the slack as manager.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-02-28
  5. "Come for the biscuits, stay for the people"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Lima, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, Close-knit and supportive management teams, great opportunities for hard workers

Cons

Manager salaries favor new hires, company slow to keep up with inflated pay rates for existing management

Bob Evans Restaurants2018-11-22

"Assistant General Manager (AGM)"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free meals each shift. Decent benefits and 401K. Close at 9pm. Bonuses (but not a lot of money, usually just a few hundred dollars per quarter IF you bonus). Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Impossible standards to live up to. The company has been making cuts to labor continuously for years and now expect management to close the store basically alone. You are not given enough staff to properly handle busy shifts so you will be on the grill line trying to help kitchen keep up. Then you will be yelled at because you are not “on the floor” talking to guests. HR will never side with a manager in any... altercation with employees thus giving them all of the power in tough situations. Doesn’t pay staff a competitive rate so turnover is high, another thing you’ll be fussed at for. My personal favorite is that your inventory levels are required to be low even though you’re on a catering program where people can order at 7 pm the day before for hundreds of people. If you don’t have the product upper management calls wanting to know why, you tell them because they told you your inventory is too high, and they tell you to “figure it out”. I have had situations with managers stealing money and proof and the DO told me “we need more women in the workplace and we should get along”. It was not about being a woman, it was that she was a thief.

Advice to Management

Don’t have such impossible standards. It seems as if you’ve never worked inside a restaurant a day in your life. You cannot give good service without proper staffing levels.

Bob Evans Restaurants2018-09-12

"General assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

I guess the pros are CUSTOMERS. I love my guest they are awesome and understanding. I really had a problem with guest which im happy about.

Cons

Dealing with managers not wanting to do their jobs. (ALL LEVELS) you have to treat it like politics not solely based of what you know. Employees abuse power when given direction to do their jobs. I mean this happens every where. Linger to bad employees

Advice to Management

Everyone team needs to be on the same page.

Bob Evans Restaurants2018-09-07
  8. "Agm bob"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They pay you for your hard work when you are there for sure. People can be terrible but the team atmosphere is nice

Cons

No down time ever even if you are off. I have spent many days off on phone calls or on location to help

Advice to Management

Sincerity goes a long way

Bob Evans Restaurants2018-02-22

"Assistant General Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced never boring meet lots of interesting people

Cons

Long hours, no respect from DM's. Below average pay.

Advice to Management

Show respect for workers and store management. Understand that they are who makes the money.

Bob Evans Restaurants2017-10-20
  10. "meh"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Logan, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good benefits/ free food was nice

Cons

Never enough help and too much was expected

Bob Evans Restaurants2017-08-22