Bob Evans Restaurants General Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bob Evans Restaurants General Manager Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2019

3.5
Bob Evans Restaurants CEO Saed Mohseni (no image)
Saed Mohseni
  1. "Server to Asssistant General Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has great advancement opportunities - i moved my way up to AGM in 6 years. Also this company is a great first job, the training programs are good to help you when you want to leave and go somewhere else. The employees become your family as your are always working together.

Cons

They use to have great benefits to offer better incentives to their employees, for example, time and a half pay on holidays, christmas bonuses, overtime if wanted, now they have nothing besides a vacation check if you've worked there at least a year, and work about 35-38 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Most of the time you lose the best employees but not by the direct management, normally by the corporate level people because they have forgotten what it's like to work in a restaurant. Stop changing policies and demanding so much out of your employees when you dont do their job.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-04-22
  2. "Okay"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is Longevity Potential - not a lot else going for it

Cons

Long hours, minimal raises, zero appreciation, open all holidays except Christmas Day, no quality of life with family, work days off via phone monitoring labor and handling issues.

Advice to Management

Don't do it

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-09-18

"Use to be great"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good food at great prices. Paid vacation and benefits.

Cons

Poor employee relations, want the most work done with the least amount of help. Stingy with money, will not let Managers fill spots to make job less stressful. For example one person to run prep/dish.. or one person to run prep on weekends. Unhappy employees.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-08-02

"Bon Evan's has a culture that does not embrace the human mind but could be a great spot for carefree on-crital thinkers."

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zero accountability so you can pretty much do as you please and make any kind of mistake. You're forgiven because there is a lack of willingness for people who want to work there. Many of the staff are ex-management who are good, but bitter and should have left the company due to their unrecognized potential.

Cons

There is zero accountability so that means your co-managers and even your boss doesnt have to be intelligent or even good at their job. It's insane but I guess it works for people who aren't aware they are lesser than their competition. Adversely, if you are intelligent, you are shunned and put down like you're insane. There is no changing this company. I know.

Advice to Management

The corporate business "leaders" aren't involved, partially, because I think they know they are dealing with a less intelligent management team. However, you miss out on seeing some amazing talent that could have a huge impact. It's such a shame.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-06-06

"Heading in the right way"

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great family time if you can get the right balance with your team. Good benefits. Upper management is learning what does and doesn't work for the restaurants and are making good choices for the company.

Cons

You are at the minimum at all times while running a shift. All it takes is one call in and you feel it throughout the restaurant. PTO time is hard to use due to lack of coverage.

Advice to Management

Take your own advice and react faster when something is not working. Also if you have a way for us to meet the company targets, TELL US! We all are searching for the way to make the company better. We don't want to hear that "Mr. So and So" does it, because none of us have met "Mr. So and So" or seen numbers from this restaurant.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-06-03
  6. "Down on the Farm...not"

Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

only make bonus if you start at a low volume store

Cons

you will not work less than 50 hours

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-04-17
  7. "Good but"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money and good benefits

Cons

People dont want to come in.. you have you pick up the slack as manager.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-02-28
  8. "Great company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, bonus, family time

Cons

Nothing yet that I can see

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-02-20
  9. "Come for the biscuits, stay for the people"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Lima, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, Close-knit and supportive management teams, great opportunities for hard workers

Cons

Manager salaries favor new hires, company slow to keep up with inflated pay rates for existing management

Bob Evans Restaurants2018-11-22
  10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They care about quality of life. They want their GMs to be like partners. We have a lot more say in things than with other employers.

Cons

They do change menus a lot. Always looking for ways to improve, which we may be testing 6 or 7 items at a time, plus our already high item menu.

Advice to Management

Go with the flow. Embrace what they give you and keep positive.

Bob Evans Restaurants2018-10-18