Bob Evans Restaurants Hostess Reviews | Glassdoor

Bob Evans Restaurants Hostess Reviews

Updated Nov 4, 2019

2.9
Bob Evans Restaurants CEO Saed Mohseni (no image)
Saed Mohseni

"Good"

Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time

Pros

Fun place to work at

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-06-15

"Overworked, Unorganzied"

Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time

Pros

Free food at the end of a shift

Cons

No lunch breaks and overworked as an 18 year old hostess

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-11-04
  3. "Great starter job"

Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time

Pros

Fun work environment Nice team work Interact with lots of different people

Cons

Not consistent on weekly schedule

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-09-11
  4. "I recently started working at Bob Evans and for the most parts its a really great job"

Current Employee - Hostess in Washington, PA

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

people that come in are really nice small so the sections are easy or work with break is long enough for the most part, some of the servers and cooks are really nice

Cons

almost all of the servers though are kind of serious and not open to anyone who is new can be stressful at times but it's ok because it all dies down quickly

Advice to Management

pick better trainers. The one trainer I had taught me everything wrong

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-09-03
  5. "Great first job!"

Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Friendly co-workers -Opportunity to gain people skills, as well as cashiering skills -Discounts on delicious food!

Cons

-Frequent turnover among servers and back of house employees -Management with quickly changing personality. Very hot/cold.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-07-15
  6. "Strangest Job Ever"

Former Employee - Hostess/Server in Ocala, FL

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked part time. They were always on me to "smile all the time." I'm friendly and smiled plenty yet i was constantly hounded to smile. Got the feeling people were mean mainly because I was there for a summer college job and they were there to earn a serious living. Small town mentality, Ocala, FL has much of that.

Cons

Low pay, While they gave employee discounts for food, they don't pay you enough to actually purchase said food. They keep your hours low so they won't have to benefit.

Advice to Management

Hire some management with education, and I don't mean the kind you get from an online "university" by sending in cereal box tops or that local community college.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-07-20
  7. "Hostess"

Former Employee - Hostess in Medina, OH

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

tips on carryout, hourly pay

Cons

long shifts, making the hostesses clean the whole front of the house with little to no help

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-06-09
  8. "Hearing impaired Beware"

Current Employee - Hostess in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really nice people I worked with except one great guests lots of fun with them

Cons

Told by co worker that because I could not hear on the phone that would never do. Had lots of hours at first then 3 a week now none for about a month. no explanation at all. If I wanted to be a janitor I would have gotten a job somewhere else

Advice to Management

Do not hire a hearing impaired person knowingly and expect her to hear on the shoddy telephone service you have. Also favoritism is a no no. Please also do not say things to the person which are not true to cover your mistakes and do not tell them to come to work when not on schedule and then humiliate them when they get there and act like they are wrong being there. I suggest sending a certain acting Manager... back where she came. To me she is vindictive.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-06-28

"Not awful, but corporate is annoying"

Former Employee - Host/Hostess in Howell, MI

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for more than a year

Pros

Job is pretty basic and straight forward as a host. You have a lot of interesting people to take care of, and it can be fun. The community at my location was pretty great. We had a few odd balls come through but overall we had a good team. Good job for flexible hours, picking up shifts, and younger people looking for a first job or two. It builds costumer service skills, phone skills, problem solving, and general... teamwork.

Cons

Lack of communication between management can be annoying. Work policies from corporate change every couple months so just when you think you know it all they have to go and mess with it. Menu changes every quarter so guests often get annoyed when their favorite thing is gone. We just had a big managerial shift so I’m not sure how things are going to be under the new people.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to spend some time hosting, waiting tables, and cooking using all of their little rules and policies. It doesn’t work very well in the real world- I’m sorry. Get out of your office and give us all a raise while you’re at it. Keep your GM’s from working more than they should on their set salary. Please. Thanks.

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-05-21
  10. "Terrible management and did a lot more than under the job description"

Former Employee - Hostess/Cashier in Newark, DE

I worked at Bob Evans Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

No issues with taking sick days

Cons

Hired any employee - some were horrible Micromanaging was my reason for quitting

Bob Evans Restaurants2019-04-26