Bob Johnson and Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Branch Admin"

Former Employee - Branch Administrator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Administrator in Houston, TX

I worked at Bob Johnson and Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Able to run the ship the way you want as long as the results are positive. Friendly management staff, open door policy is a pleasure.

Cons

1 manager played as key cancer to the entire organization. No training provided, you must know what you are doing to keep it running smoothly. A lot of responsibilities for very general pay amount. Very small company not a lot of room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Entertain ideas, believe in your people, keep the ones that matter not the ones who have seniority.

2. "Amazed this company still exists"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Bob Johnson and Associates full-time

Pros

Good team for the most part with the exception of senior management.

Cons

The management style is outdated 80's ride or die, micro management, live in a cube. Turnover rate is crazy high. Pay is well below industry standards. No vacation time

Advice to Management

Grow up and stop gossiping about your employees all day

"Great Potental but poor direction"

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Bob Johnson and Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a huge upside and could be a very large player in the water treatment market in Houston.

Cons

While working at BJJA I saw some very disturbing items. This first is for a small business their is very poor communication of exceptions and company goals (other than more money). They have almost no customer focus and treat the employees like indentured servants.

From my experience a service focused company starts early in the morning to prepare for the day and tapers off mid afternoon. This is not the case here. The CEO/ GM / Everything else, does not show up until at least noon and nothing can happen with out her blessing. I saw and was involved in many discussions of people needing to step up, but when they do she is there to remove them for the picture or under mind their decision.

Second the executive and long term staff (about 4 people) will stay at the office to reinvent the wheel about once a week and decide who or what to remove for the company. This would be ok if it didn't put the entire company into a tail spin because no one knows what the direction is one day to the next.

I would not recommend working at this company unless you like changing jobs about 6 months after your hired.

Advice to Management

Become effective or get out of the way. There are some good people at the company but not for long. Remember a small business is just that small, if the owner isn't there to lead then no one will know what to do or do nothing. I'm not sure what is worse.

4. "My job is extremely rewarding"

Current Employee - Corporate Manager in North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Manager in North Houston, TX

I have been working at Bob Johnson and Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is very supportive. The executive staff really cares about the employees success. It really feels like a family environment. We do lot's of team building events. I love how everyone gets involved in the potlucks and parties, really makes you feel like your part of a family

Cons

Limited amount of sick days - However the management is very understanding

Advice to Management

Give us all raises :)

"Company with Great Leadership and Potential"

Former Employee - E I T, Junior Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - E I T, Junior Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Bob Johnson and Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everybody there is willing to help if you ask. I learned a lot about the industry when i started. You are put in excellent positions to advise other companies and the track record for the history of the company is such that people will listen. They have an excellent business team and several professionals in sales and project management. If you have a good business sense this is a great place to work. Great place for young aspiring project managers.

Cons

When I worked there their training was lacking. The only training provided was from the vendors trying to get you to rep their equipment. This made for excellent resources for the highly experienced and connected. They were also working on their engineering department. The goal was to provide engineering services to clients. There was no leadership in the engineering side and technical applications were driven by the sales team. This company would benefit greatly from an experienced engineer with water treatment background (non waste water). Not currently the best place for young inexperienced engineers.

Advice to Management

When I left they were still looking for more talent. Keep doing what you are doing. I see the potential and you have great leadership around you.