Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2020

3.8
Bob's Discount Furniture President and CEO Michael Skirvin
Michael Skirvin
Pros
  • "A positive work environment, growing company, and straightforward, non-gimmicky sales process(in 18 reviews)

• "Good people to work with and good benefits(in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company if you're looking for growth. Been here 9 months and already got a promotion within management team."

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture

Pros

Relaxed company yet plenty to do to stay busy. The furniture if a great value so it sells itself!

Cons

Company is great so far

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-02-01

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bob's experience with us. We are happy to hear the you are having a great experience working at Bob's! At Bob's we love what we do, we have fun and continue to grow across the United States! Thank you again for the kind words and for being a valued member of the bob's Family!

2. "Truck unload"

Former Employee - Truck Unloader in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, quota to make for day

Cons

I have no con's for Bobs furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-04-07

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the kind words!

3. "Good part time job"

4.0
    Current Employee - Office Associate

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture part-time for less than a year

Pros

coworkers are awesome, very flexible with scheduling, and starting pay is decent

Cons

customers can be rude sometimes

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-03-28

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your Bob's experience! We are delighted to hear that you are having a good experience working with us. We appreciate the efforts of all our associates and do our best to respond to our customer inquiries in the Bob's Way, with honesty, integrity and transparency. Thank you again for the kind words and for being an integral part of the Bob's Family!

4. "Greatest Job ive ever had and likely will have."

Current Employee - Warehouse in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture part-time for more than a year

Pros

Competent Management, Great Culture, Flexible schedule , Trustworthy and Staff oriented, Great Work/Life Balance and ability to meet interesting people from all over the world.

Cons

A "Dead end job" unless you switch to a salesman role. Been working here since high school and was hopping to make a career out of it but this seems unlikely.

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-03-25

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy to hear that you are having a great experience working with us. We value the contributions of each of our associates! We offer a fast paced work environment where you can have fun, earn a great living, have great benefits and the opportunity to grow. Our expansive growth across the country has helped us promote more than 375 people last year alone! These promotions range within all areas of our business. We encourage you to talk with your leaders and or HR Business Partners to discuss what career opportunities are available to you. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Bob's Family!

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work life balance and pay

Cons

Nothing much to complain a about. good place to work

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-03-25

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the kind words and for being an integral part of the Bob's Family!

6. "Its okay as a part time job"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time

Pros

They are a good company that means well

Cons

But unfortunately don't care about their employees. They are only worried about meeting their quotas. There are floor rules that no one abides by. And no one gets punished for stealing sales from other honest sales people.

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-04-03

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Bob's we are very protective of our values and culture and have established floor rules to ensure our associates are treated fairly and in the Bob's Way. We have an open door policy and encourage our associates to discuss any of their concerns with our leaders or HR partners. Thank you again for your feedback.

7. "Working for Bob's can be fun."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture and core values of the company are amazing.

Cons

There are no cons that I would discuss.

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-03-10

March 25, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the kind words and for being an integral part of the Bob's Family.

8. "Micromanagement at its finest"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Union, NJ

I worked at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company provided a great compensation package. 5 % commission sales on merchandise 20% commission on Goof proof sales. Sick time

Cons

Competitive sales environment. Some days are slow. You are scheduled to work every weekend and all holidays.

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-03-23

March 25, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bob's Experience with us. We are glad to hear that you have found the position to be financially rewarding! At Bob's we believe in a work life balance and our associates are scheduled for a 35-40 hour work week for FT, 15-25 hours for Part Time. We understand the commitment of working every weekend, most Holidays and some evenings. That is why we offer our associates off on major holidays like Christmas, Thanks Giving, Easter, YOUR BIRTH DAY, and 3 additional floating Holidays! We do our best to schedule our people at the times our sales associates can maximize their earning potential! We value our hard working associates for giving our customers an incredible furniture shopping experience, especially when we are the busiest! We also take great pride in offering our associates an opportunity to grow and build a career, with over 375 internal promotions in the last year alone. At Bob’s we have an open door policy and we would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your managers or HR Business Partners. Thank you for being a valued member of the Bob's family!

9. "Wonderful place to be"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great people work here and there is great benefits

Cons

never had a bad day

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-02-15

April 10, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the kind words! Who doesn't love Taco Tuesdays?

10. "Money is okay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you work hard you can really make a decent living

Cons

If the delivery team doesn't do their job which they are underpaid, You don't get your money, so all your hard work gets flushed.

Bob's Discount Furniture2020-02-25

March 25, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bob's Experience with us. We are glad to hear that you have found the position to be financially rewarding! We value our hard working associates for giving our customers an incredible furniture shopping experience. We also value the hard work of our delivery partners and with that said, we make sure to constantly partner with them to ensure that our customers get their furniture in a timely and efficient manner and that they are happy with their Bob's experience. With that said, there are times things do not go as planned, so we do our best to correct any issues. At Bob's we have an open door policy and encourage our associates to share their insight with their managers or HR Business Partner. Feedback like this helps us make the improvements and changes we need to keep growing. Thank you for having been a valued member of the Bob's family!

Found 414 reviews