KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
Bob's Discount Furniture President and Chief Executive Officer Bill Barton
Bill Barton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and they treat you like family(in 57 reviews)
  • "Pay is good and rewording(in 50 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and there's always something new to learn and someone that's always willing to lend a helping hand.(in 48 reviews)
  • "Great culture and salaried 40 hour work weeks.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Money is good for everyone(in 16 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bob's Discount Furniture and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Best company I have ever worked at.

Jan 6, 2022 - Sales Associate in Bellingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bob's really cares about their employees. Great management and awsome team players.

Cons

I am not a big fan of working Saturday and Sunndays but I understand why you have to.

Bob's Discount Furniture Response

Global Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you for the kind words! We are very happy to hear that you are seeing that Bob's really does care about the employees! We have an amazing culture and our people make Bob's a fun place to build a career. We understand that the weekends are tough for many people, but we schedule our associates to come in when the stores are busiest, maximizing each associate's earning potential! Thank you again for your candor and for being a valued member of the Bob's Family!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Over 100k per year if you good at sales

May 13, 2022 - Sales Associate in College Point, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good platform you can make over 100k per Year no limits

Cons

Pushing financing way to much, like I'm working for the Bank not furniture store

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for

May 12, 2022 - Retail Store Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bob's culture is it's biggest asset. The company treats it's people well and provides a very good family work balance considering it is a retail position. This holds true for all positions. The environment is fun and family oriented, great company to work for!

Cons

It is a fast growing company and with that things are changing rapidly. This causes for an increased work load and the need to change and adjust quickly.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Part-Time Job

Mar 21, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money is excellent even with the difficulty of merchandise availability. The other salespeople people are great. Low stress environment. However, I say this as a long time commissioned sales person. Not everyone enjoys fluctuating pay. They do promote from within so if you have management ambitions this is an excellent company.

Cons

There are few cons. The low stress environment is being changed a little by corporate that has gained a huge number of computer upgrades over Covid. Consequently there is a giant push for all metrics to increase. The company also keeps opening new stores, which would normally be good, but now it is further straining merchandise availability as merchandise is allocated for new store openings.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Proud to be a Bob's employee

Feb 25, 2022 - Senior SAP SD Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I love Bob's commitment to the community and to good causes. - I love the challenging work. We stay real busy here at Bob's trying to improve the ability for the business to satisfy customers, both front-facing and servicing. - I love working remote and the tools we have to make that an extremely productive and satisfying way to work, and Bob's understanding of the need to do so, even before the pandemic. - I love to deliver results to the business users and do anything that I can to make their lives easier. I am a heads down worker and I think Bob's appreciates that aspect of my work ethic.

Cons

- Communications is great from an HR perspective and other corporate areas, but it fails too often within the department. That is the most specific area where we could do better.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic Work Environment

May 8, 2022 - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can make decent money! Not worth the trouble and Drama!

Cons

Toxic work Environment! Management encourages hostile behavior amongst associates they will put you in competition with your co workers! Consistently encouraged passive aggressive behavior on the work floor, completely terrible communication skills and they will only favor you if you push good numbers. Management has no accountability for there mistakes or actions, they discriminate amongst each other and there customers, they show no Empathy towards Customer complaints or issues with there orders! This Company trained us for two weeks on Brand Standards these Senior Employees were Absolutely terrible with following policies and procedures!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work with a solid culture

Apr 4, 2022 - Sales Manager in Bellingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company believes in it's core values and is always trying to improve the customer experience, as well as the work environment for the employees.

Cons

Not many. I miss the popcorn and fresh baked cookies. I also wish we had better vending machines with better options.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great job

May 9, 2022 - Truck Unloader in San Bernardino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job has great benefits and good pay i was working two jobs but i put my 2 weeks in to be full time here at bobs

Cons

Theres really no cons i would just say add more things to do like once a month try and do something for the hard working

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sales

May 13, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous end of the year bonus based off sales

Cons

No weekends off unless you use your days off

10. 5.0

May 3, 2022 - Construction Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Caring, Flexible, Good Pay and benefits, Great core values, Diversity and Inclusion, Continuing Education, Growing business

Cons

I personally don't have any Cons to list.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 922 Reviews

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews FAQs

Bob's Discount Furniture has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,026 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Bob's Discount Furniture to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bob's Discount Furniture employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bob's Discount Furniture. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

75% of Bob's Discount Furniture employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bob's Discount Furniture 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bob's Discount Furniture to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, management.

Popular Careers with Bob's Discount Furniture Job Seekers