Bobcat Reviews in Bismarck, ND | Glassdoor

Bismarck, ND

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard M. (Rich) Goldsbury

Pros
  • The work environment is awesome (in 5 reviews)

• Great people,competitive pay, helpful, Great Learning experience (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A few members of upper management seem to have their own agenda and have some crazy ideas (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bismarck, ND
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Bobcat as an intern

Pros

Well established Co-op program. Projects can differ, but are beneficial to company and you also get to learn from them. Great culture, Fun intern activities, interesting products.

Cons

Would have liked more feedback on projects. Housing can be a little hard to find, but they will work with you to find something.

2. "Over worked and under appreciated"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Bobcat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

$15.00 an hour starting pay over time for those that like it, some nice people to work with,

Cons

Very stressful job. No paid time off until you get hired on with bobcat, half an hour lunch breaks, not always guaranteed 40 hours depending on what area you work in, some areas get shut down if they run out of parts. Equipment that breaks, not enough equipment for everyone to use especially when working overtime. work 10 hour shifts pulse Saturday's, only one day off a week, forced to work with people who are bad for the company, management treats the job like it is more important than the employees, management will tell employees that they suck. If the management gets in trouble with their boss they punish employees with 10 hour shifts, over time is mandatory and is forced on employees a lot, if you have a problem with an employee management acts like it is a personal problem between you and that employee and they won't do anything about it. Discriminating, unfair, get teased by other employees, no communication

Advice to Management

Work on your people skills and take more concern with the employees complaints don't punish the people who are trying to do their jobs, punish the ones who won't let those employees do their jobs, take more pride in your employees

3. "maint mech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Bobcat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

insurance ok , good and bad people

Cons

A very unsafe company,wasteful company,bad attitudes,bad pay

Advice to Management

none

5. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Intern - Test Engineer in Bismarck, ND
    Current Intern - Test Engineer in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Bobcat as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is awesome. It is very relaxed and the company really cares about their workers and treats them well.

Cons

Location in Bismarck is a downside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Paydoes not match job"

Current Employee - Senior Loader in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Senior Loader in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Bobcat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance is great, people are great, supervisor is fantastic

Cons

People in certain jobs are not getting paid what they are worth and then there are others who get paid for doing almost nothing. Guess I should go crying to upper management that I can't do my job anymore but can't afford to take a pay cut to do less work than my co-workers.

Advice to Management

Stop getting rid of people who are good workers and stop pacifying those who don't do their job. Pay people what they have earned and you may keep people longer therefore improving quality of product.

7. "Program Management Co-op Bismarck"

Current Intern - Program Management Co-Op in Bismarck, ND
    Current Intern - Program Management Co-Op in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Bobcat as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office space. Fairly flexible in relation to work hours. Good intern salary. Perfect for someone trying to combine IT and engineering interests.

Cons

Slightly more like IT support than program management. Also, there is a reasonable bit of down-time (although this could be viewed as a pro I suppose...)

Advice to Management

Have clear development process for co-ops. Make sure there is enough work to keep the co-op fully occupied, otherwise they can be a slightly wasted resource.

8. "As one who just entered the job market, Bobcat is establishing a strong foundation for my career path."

Current Employee - Human Resources Co-Op in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Human Resources Co-Op in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Bobcat part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am learning something new everyday, gaining vital experience in how large-scale companies operate and manage their customers and employees. Co-workers are exceptional to work with and my supervisor is very flexible towards my school/personal life.

Cons

Being a large company, Bobcat has a lot of employees which can make it quite difficult to get to know everyone. Also having a Korean parent company such as Doosan invites a language barrier that is often difficult to work around.

9. "A Job I Like"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Pros

Pay is decent, hours are great, I enjoy what I do.

Cons

Management seems to be in disarray at times. Don't respect the job we do at times.

Advice to Management

Better communication with hourly employees, please.