Bobcat Company Manufacturing Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Bobcat Company Manufacturing Engineer Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

4.9
Bobcat Company CEO  Scott Park (no image)
Scott Park
0 Rating
  1. "Fantastic Opportunity for Any Engineering Student"

Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op in Gwinner, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company for less than a year

Pros

Working as a Co-Op for Bobcat was an outstanding experience. They make you feel as you are a vital part of the team. You will be put on real tasks and never once did I feel like the classic intern who just got coffee for his boss. I would highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity takes advantage of it.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a disconnect between the engineers and the factory (Gwinner ND) workers, however often times they both become your best resources.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction with your Co-op program. I would love the opportunity to obtain an internship position next summer as well as eventually work full time.

Bobcat Company2019-09-11
  2. "11/10 would work there again"

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to try out equipment, great balance of hands on and office work, lots of opportunity for building more skills, great team environment, female specific group meetings, and even as a female, my opinion felt valued!

Cons

sometimes the way things are done could be more efficient

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Bobcat is a wonderfully positive environment.

Bobcat Company2019-09-11
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great Company for Work For"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are countless opportunities, plenty of support, and opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Hours can be long, but workload is fair

Bobcat Company2019-06-24
  5. "Manufacturing Engineer"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Gwinner, ND

I have been working at Bobcat Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Genuinely seems to care about the employees Pay started off a little low but definitely seems to be fair now. Work atmosphere is fantastic.

Cons

It's located in Gwinner, ND. A few members of upper management seem to have their own agenda and have some crazy ideas. We spent years trying to engineer the human element out of the process and now they want to add it back in.

Advice to Management

Stop sending us the direction we are headed. A lot of the policy changes are things that were tried years ago, but our new leader seems to forget that and wants to send us back to the stone age. The running joke is we are being told to be "world class" but are only being given a hammer and chisel to do it. Things seem to be headed in a downward direction because certain people wont concede on their ideas and won't make exceptions where they are needed. Running out of a part that is used daily because you want to have JIT delivery is a joke, especially when the parts are small and take up very little storage space. But we are being held to 1 day OHQ no matter what. certain exceptions should apply. Having a VP that comes in and tries to change everything and send us back to trying things we tried 5 years ago is such a bad idea. When everyone from the director level down listens to him just to humor him because they don't respect him, there's a serious issue

Bobcat Company2015-08-12
  6. "Manufacturing Engineering Co-op"

Current Intern - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op in Wahpeton, ND

I have been working at Bobcat Company for less than a year

Pros

-Became familiar with real-world practices and processes -Was exposed to 5S and Lean Six-Sigma terminology and practices -Lots of freedom and independence in designing manufacturing equipment -Potential for lots of hours during busy times -Good intern pay -Exposure to modern, heavily automated (robots) facilities -Good exposure to a large variety of machining processes

Cons

-Not always busy in Manufacturing -Sometimes assigned "busy work" -The fork lift drivers can be a little crazy with their driving - get off the path if you hear a honk anywhere nearby -Company only offers 8-month co-ops unless you've already done a co-op, then a summer internship is an option. It would be nice to have summer internship options

Bobcat Company2015-08-08
  7. "Good product, but minimal innovation"

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op in Gwinner, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company for less than a year

Pros

Great experience with some cool products.

Cons

Most senior level engineers don't have engineering degrees. The pay is awful for being in such a boring area of the country.

Advice to Management

Pay more to attract some top level talent.

Bobcat Company2014-10-13
  8. "Great Company"

Current Intern - Manufacturing Engineering in Gwinner, ND

I have been working at Bobcat Company for less than a year

Pros

They treat their interns very similar to full time employees. They help you will challenging projects that prepare you for the real world. Management is very transparent and I enjoyed my experience.

Cons

Production facilities are located in small towns and that's not for everyone. Factory workers are not all friendly to work with.

Advice to Management

It would have been nice to see some of the other facilities and departments within the company to expand employees knowledge of that all goes on at Bobcat.

Bobcat Company2014-08-21
  9. "it is a company to work for, and it provides a lot of opportunity for internships and Co-ops."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op in Gwinner, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

the work is flexible, with mentor training

Cons

require high adaptability and self-learning

Bobcat Company2014-05-21