Bobcat Company "gwinner nd" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bobcat Company Employee Reviews about "gwinner nd"

Updated Sep 11, 2019

4.5
Bobcat Company CEO  Scott Park (no image)
Scott Park
Pros
Cons
  • "Very remote, cold winters in north dakota, lot of standing(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "gwinner nd"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic Opportunity for Any Engineering Student"

Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op in Gwinner, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company for less than a year

Pros

Working as a Co-Op for Bobcat was an outstanding experience. They make you feel as you are a vital part of the team. You will be put on real tasks and never once did I feel like the classic intern who just got coffee for his boss. I would highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity takes advantage of it.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a disconnect between the engineers and the factory (Gwinner ND) workers, however often times they both become your best resources.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction with your Co-op program. I would love the opportunity to obtain an internship position next summer as well as eventually work full time.

Bobcat Company2019-09-11
  2. "Excellent Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bobcat Company

Pros

Great Networking, fun work environment, good pay. I learned a lot about what being an engineer actually means in a manufacturing environment and got to network with many different departments.

Cons

The only downside was the locaiton, working for the company was excellent. If you can live in Gwinner, ND or don't mind commuting, then this is the perfect job for you!

Bobcat Company2015-11-23
  3. "Manufacturing Engineer"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Gwinner, ND

I have been working at Bobcat Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Genuinely seems to care about the employees Pay started off a little low but definitely seems to be fair now. Work atmosphere is fantastic.

Cons

It's located in Gwinner, ND. A few members of upper management seem to have their own agenda and have some crazy ideas. We spent years trying to engineer the human element out of the process and now they want to add it back in.

Advice to Management

Stop sending us the direction we are headed. A lot of the policy changes are things that were tried years ago, but our new leader seems to forget that and wants to send us back to the stone age. The running joke is we are being told to be "world class" but are only being given a hammer and chisel to do it. Things seem to be headed in a downward direction because certain people wont concede on their ideas and... won't make exceptions where they are needed. Running out of a part that is used daily because you want to have JIT delivery is a joke, especially when the parts are small and take up very little storage space. But we are being held to 1 day OHQ no matter what. certain exceptions should apply. Having a VP that comes in and tries to change everything and send us back to trying things we tried 5 years ago is such a bad idea. When everyone from the director level down listens to him just to humor him because they don't respect him, there's a serious issue

Bobcat Company2015-08-12
  4. "Manufacturing Intern"

Former Intern - Industrial Engineering Co-Op in Gwinner, ND

I worked at Bobcat Company for more than a year

Pros

Fast Paced Lots of opportunity Lots of help with problems

Cons

It's located in Gwinner, ND

Bobcat Company2015-07-09