Boeing Reviews | Glassdoor

Boeing CEO Dennis A. Muilenburg
Dennis A. Muilenburg

1,972 Employee Reviews

Cons

1. "Good Pay and Benefit"

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, Benefits are good. Most managers are flexibly with your work schedule if you are in a non-represented position

Cons

You're a number. employment is cyclical. If you are with Boeing for any length of time, you will probably be laid off at least once.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the culture in your group. Ask your employees about it for honest feedback. Nothing kills productivity more than feeling like you are working with high school cliques.

2. "Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunities to advance. Boeing puts people first. Management challenges the team to exceed expectations. Resource to excel in your career are made available.

Cons

Facilities can be improved due to the age of some buildings. Not really a con because the work environments are conducive to getting your job done.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Senior financial analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company that makes great products and focuses on quality.

Cons

Affordability targets have tightened things up a lot. Morale in some groups could be negatively impacted by budget pressures and competition.

Advice to Management

It doesn't cost to take a quick second to recognize employees for the works well done.

5. "Engineering Technical Specialist"

Current Employee - Engineering Technical Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Engineering Technical Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have held many challenging and rewarding jobs over my 30 years of employment with Boeing. Boeing paid for my Bachelor's Degree and my Master's Degree. I have a pension, 401K that Boeing contributes 75% of the first 8% of my income that is invested, very descent healthcare, 22 days of vacation, 10 days sick leave and flex time. Boeing has an excellent CEO and President of Boeing, Dennis Muilenburg.

Cons

On January 1, 2016, Boeing stopped providing pensions. Depending on your age, they instead (in my case) deposited 9% of my base salary into my 401K for 2016, 8% in 2017, 7% in 2018, then a flat 5% for the remaining years I work at Boeing.

I work in the Defense side of Boeing. Funding is tight and it is difficult to implement new technology. I brought in a new electrical wiring design tool that is now the Boeing standard tool, but it took 2 years of pushing with a bulldozer before gaining the support from senior executives and another 3 years to implement. Five years is too long!

Advice to Management

Don't box in your employees. They are your greatest asset. We are smart and dedicated. Give us the avenues and means to implement changes expeditiously.

6. "Diversity Value"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Boeing values Diversity. Boeing has thousand employees from different cultures and background. There are many affinity groups at Boeing, one of them is Boeing Asian America Professional Association (BAAPA). I was grateful working at Boeing for 17 years. Diversity is competitive advantages.

Cons

There's a time that Boeing has to layoff a lot of people, it's due to aviation industry low cycle.

7. "Great company that is slowly getting worse. Middle class manslaughters."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Operations Analyst III in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Operations Analyst III in Renton, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and the people there are great. Leadership is smart, but takes away something every year from its employees.

Cons

Pay and all the take always from the working man. Other than that, the company is great to work for

8. "Good Experience"

I worked at Boeing full-time

Pros

I was an intern at the site in Clear Lake, TX. Pro's include: Intelligent and helpful coworkers. Short hours (rarely over 40). Fun intern activities. Good pay.

Cons

A little boring. Some interns did not have meaningful work to do.

9. "Finally starting to head in the right direction"

Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of really smart people...endless amount of opportunities to solve problems and fix things. Lots of opportunity to change jobs, functions, organizations throughout your career. Good Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and support directly from CEO.

Cons

Too many of the same type of people promoted into management (many with no real leadership or people skills). Lots of management groupthink due to lack of diversity and too many managers unwilling to take calculate risks especially regarding use of technology to do daily work. Still too much bureaucracy to make simple decisions that should be made by the people performing the work. Too much management by committee or decisions made not on facts or data but by highest paid person's opinion. Skills teams are killing morale and forced distributions are too heavily skewed towards years of experience instead of pure raw talent.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Pay more attention to the job market cause your talent will leave when another employer is willing to pay them their true worth. They will leave when they are not given more responsibility, promoted, provided with the latest and greatest tools/software to do their remedial daily tasks, or granted authority to make decisions. Managements sole job should be focused on growing their people, removing roadblocks, and encouraging their talent to give their all. Too often management IS the roadblock.

10. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Prestige
    Benefits
    Intern matching event was outstanding

Cons

Improve process of selecting supervisors for interns

Advice to Management

Getting top tier employees requires you to provide top tier opportunities, salaries or both

"Sr Project Managerr"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth

Cons

Very competitive business resulting in lots of emphasis on cost savings and with every executive change there are process and policy changes that make it difficult to actually get work done. Tons of politics

Advice to Management

Get back to REALLY valuing your people. Truly empower them to find and make the changes that the market demands.

Showing 1,972 of 5,289 reviews