Boeing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5,295 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Boeing-Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits and salary packages

Cons

Not enough growth opportunities for the talent

Advice to Management

Need to work on talent retention

"Depends on your personality..."

Current Employee - Analyst in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are plenty of pros, some I've listed below:

-Pay is well thought out and offered above market value
    -Education is pretty much 100% paid for and then when you graduate they'll give you stock in the company
    -Benefit premiums are rising but they're still very competitive, just not what the Boeing Vet's are used to paying
    -Hundred's of job opportunities are posted online and extremely easy to apply to if you're looking for a change.
    -If you're in the assembly arena you'll be around multi million dollar airplanes all day. If you're in fabrication you're surrounded by millions of dollars worth of awesome machining equipment.
    -Great programs for employees such as discounts on travel, restaurants, and other day to day areas.
    -Make the resume look great should you decide to ever leave. With hundreds of suppliers in the area it's not at all tough to get a job at one of those places if Boeing isn't your cup of tea.

Cons

A lot of the struggles are caused by the fact that the company is so big and honestly because of the union.

-The union has created an atmosphere that people don't have to do their jobs, they can just show up and do the bare minimum. It also means those with the lowest seniority will get laid off first, even if they're the best workers in the factory.
    -Depending on the group you work with it can be hard to implement changes that you find to be beneficial, but there are groups and managers scattered throughout the company that will listen and help make those changes.
    -It's said that if you're laid off it can be tough to get hired somewhere else because most companies know you'll leave when Boeing calls you back to work.
    -With so many people the hiring procedures can cause good candidates to be looked over and bad ones to get interviews.

Advice to Management

Perhaps have a better hiring process for first line managers and take the time to understand how the people getting lay off notices feel about the amount of people getting laid off and how it will affect them personally.

3. "Great Opportunity! Great Benefits!"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Staff Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Staff Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Define career path. Lots of opportunity.

Cons

Work life balance can be a bit tough.

Advice to Management

Focus on work life balance a bit more

4. "Very large company with a variety or jobs and locations around the world."

Former Employee - Assembler B in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Assembler B in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly stable working environment. I was on a new assembly line with lost of learning curves bit everyone from the people on my crew to the lower managers were awesome to work with. If I could get back in after leaving I would take that opportunity in a heart beat.

Cons

Being a very large company there is a lot of people that slip through the cracks and are there to just collect a pay check. We called them mall walkers who would act like they were doing something while just walking around the assembly floor.

5. "Excellent salary and benefits...company needs to be more competitive"

Current Employee - Accountant IV in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accountant IV in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, but not if you start at lower grade levels. I worked at Boeing twice, but my second round I found my salary was much higher than several of my peers who had been with the company for at least 10 years. Experience matters at Boeing when you are an external candidate.

Cons

As with all corporations, a competitive advantage is necessary. Boeing is having to cut excessive costs to be more competitive....jobs are being cut. I was a corporate finance employee who was laid off in September 2016. A lot of reorganizations taking place, which is needed.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction so Boeing continues to be an aerospace leader.

6. "Living the "Dream""

Current Employee - Process "Engineer" in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Process "Engineer" in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health Care Benefits
    Flexible Schedules (Varies)

Cons

Where to start...
    Employees are not valued

Advice to Management

Actually know how to manage and lead people.

I've worked at Boeing for 6yrs now, I've worked on some really great projects that have done nothing for my career growth.

This place is beyond frustrating if you like to actually work and advance yourself, however, if you'd like to cruise and just sit behind a desk all day with little to no output, Boeing is a great place. Things move at a snails pace, improvement ideas are consistently shot down, projects are usually never coordinated between organizations and there is no coordinated efforts here. The projects that are championed by management are pointless and brings no value to the end items.

Management is not in tune with employees, there is no employee career development and though having served in the military, an engineering degree, and an MBA, I have had no help in getting anywhere but frustrated trying to advance in this company.

Boeing used to be a great company, I personally don't see it being a contender in the future of aviation with the lack of strategy and leadership.

7. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Private cubicles, although that may be going away soon
    Great atmosphere

Cons

Not a software focused company
    Only certain programs do true software engineering, the rest are mundane test scripting or designless coding
    Large, slow moving company

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep great talent and release lifers that are milking the system

"Not a place for developers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reimbursed tuition for (select) Masters degrees, flex time on some teams

Cons

This is not an environment for the young. It's a cubicle farm of code monkeys. Some teams are filled with really cool people. Otherwise, most engineers here have either been beat down to the point that they lack enthusiasm for the career, or they don't know that there are much better companies out there.

You have to jump through loopholes just to get a decent mouse and two monitors. Relocation is a major pain (don't do it unless you literally have no other option). I've gone 45 days without my things so far.

Advice to Management

Consider that improving a software engineer's environment will improve their productivity. I understand using proprietary/partner products saves money, but you'd also save money by having happy and efficient employees. Young people will definitely not stay here for long if they know any better.

9. "Program Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to start your career

Cons

too many layers.
    Too particular lots of status-ing to management

10. "Boeing"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Lots of opportunity.

Cons

Beurocratic red tape politics. Slow processes.

Showing 5,295 of 5,762 reviews