Bognet Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

James R. Bognet
  1. "VP"

Current Employee - Vice President/Principal in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bognet Construction full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work environment, friendly people

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

Let go a little

Bognet Construction2016-10-27

"Could be a great company with some changes"

Current Employee - Project Management in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Bognet Construction full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Snacks, friendly people, "summer hours" which is leaving early on Friday during the summer (office only). Standard benefits package, company is growing at a rapid pace, which means opportunities to make very good bonuses.

Cons

Disfunctional, HIGH turnover (almost an entire team left within the last year but apparently ALL of them were all the problem and not the company or leadership). Company is growing (which is good) but it's become all about more and more revenue. It's never management or company policy, it's always the employees' fault. Lack of leadership and support. Sometimes it feels as if you're constantly being tested to prove... your loyalty.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at yourself and policies. You're losing good people because you can't see where management is at fault and not necessarily the employee. Yes, employees can be the problem but lack of leadership and support is a huge factor. Don't be so focused on making more money that you continue to burn people out and lose the rest of us. Bognet can be a truly great place to work with some changes.

Bognet Construction2019-09-25
  3. "Former intern"

I worked at Bognet Construction

Pros

Great snacks/kitchen area, friendly staff co workers

Cons

Low Overhead, IT department is lacking from management down.

Bognet Construction2018-10-19

"Look Below the Surface"

I worked at Bognet Construction full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free snacks in the Office as well as bagels a couple of times a week. Friendly coworkers for the most part.

Cons

Office location is horrible. Commuting to and from work is expensive and time consuming. Management needs training. Supposed to have biweekly one on one meetings - never happened! Raises are not based on performance review. Received high ratings from manager and clients but raises were minimal. Total double standard in office. If you brought in revenue you were treated like GOLD, all others held to a strict... standard. Nothing in the office is confidential. Be careful what you are saying in the open area it will come back to you with negative effects. High turnover. Employees just disappear without acknowledgement from management. But when people are hired - HUGE welcomes went out.

Advice to Management

Communicate honestly and treat ALL employees equally.

Bognet Construction2017-10-02

"Everything You See On This Website Is A Lie"

Former Employee - Senior Project Executive in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Bognet Construction full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They supply snacks and drinks in the kitchen. "summer hours" are promised during interviews meaning most employees leave at 3PM during the summer. These were revoked for a period of time because we were not "hitting our numbers". No conditions were stated at time of employment and no measurable reasons were providing for revoking. Newly built office.

Cons

Basically everything you are reading on this website is a flat out lie. Current employees were prompted to provide positive responses to boost the rating and mask the fact that this company is borderline dysfunctional. If a response here says "no cons at this time" or "cant think of anything wrong with this company!" that's how you know its a fake. The highest members of this company are not qualified to be... in the position they are in. You will be micromanaged and treated like a small company that wishes it were larger. If you are not in the favored circle of trust you are treated poorly and talked down to. At the end of the day ask yourself this question, do you take yourself and your career seriously? If the answer to that is yes, you should look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.

Bognet Construction2016-11-01
  6. "Young, dynamic, progressive!"

I have been working at Bognet Construction full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The executive team that is readily accessible! The office is beautiful, welcoming and modern.

Cons

None at this time

Bognet Construction2016-07-27
  7. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Bognet Construction full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The open office environment is great! Love the open door policy and the team collaboration on projects. Lots of support and positive attitude from executives. Its nice to work for a company that cares!

Cons

I dont have anything negative to share at this time.

Bognet Construction2016-07-27

"Project Manager"

I have been working at Bognet Construction

Pros

Exciting opportunities driven by relationships.

Cons

Tight schedules driving most decisions

Bognet Construction2016-07-19
  9. "Great people and work atmosphere!"

I have been working at Bognet Construction full-time

Pros

I've been at Bognet for almost a year and it has been great so far. The people are very knowledgeable and hard-working and also help each other out in any way they can. Everyone was so welcoming when I first started here. Management also really cares about the employees; if you work hard they definitely notice. We have monthly luncheons, celebrate birthdays, and even get out early in the summer on Fridays if our... work is completed. Bognet also has a great bonus structure for bringing in any business. Also, our new office space is beautiful and the layout is perfect.

Cons

None come to mind at this time

Bognet Construction2016-07-22
  10. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Bognet Construction

Pros

- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - Office environment is very welcoming and comfortable - Always someone to turn to for help - Workload was great, felt challenged but never overwhelmed Extremely happy I spent my summer interning here, learned a great amount! Lot's of fantastic people!

Cons

I have none, really enjoyed working here!

Bognet Construction2016-07-20