Bohler Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the Best Companies to work for in New York - #1 in 2017! Great benefits, awesome attitudes, a definite work hard/play hard mentality. You really feel part of a team.

Cons

None that I can name.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Lots of managerial issues"

I worked at Bohler Engineering full-time

Pros

Some really great people work there. If you like to work and play with your co-workers, this company does that.

Cons

This company has a lot of managerial issues. They don't have any of their position specific training processes established for new hires, only those dealing with HR. It just seems like whatever happens happens. They constantly make changes to administrative positions, however only new admins have to adhere to the new policies and other employers who have been there longer can do what they want. Not all positions are the same for all offices. An project coordinator in one office has a completely different job that a project coordinator in another office. Managers do not communicate effectively with staff regularly. There is a clear distinction on who is "in" and who is "out". Those who are in get their opinions heard and needs addressed. Those who are out don't even get to have a discussion. It really does operate like a white privileged frat house. The diversity at this company is horrible. It is unspoken that almost ALL employees work overtime for bonuses that are not worth it. It is almost frown upon if you take your full entitled lunch break, everyone works through lunch. Budgets are never correct for clients. Almost like a glorified sweatshop.

3. "Interview"

Pros

Very respectful. Although the Design Engineer in Boston that was advertised was put on hold, the HR (MM) was very respectful and very professional conducting interview and informing me about the status of my application.
    -HAR

Cons

None that I can think of

4. "bohler"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay. R

Cons

Unrealistic expectations and hostile work environment.

"Great company that focuses on employee growth and retainment"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management genuinely cares about the growth of their employees
    -Great pay and solid benefits
    -Highly team-oriented/focused as opposed to becoming a cube-body
    -Good work/life balance

Cons

-Occasional fire drills and deadlines that require all hands on deck
    -Work hard, play hard environment (emphasis on the former; but nothing like a sweatshop)

Advice to Management

Implement more effective project milestone goals/updates in order to avoid fire drills

6. "Senior Cad Operator"

Former Employee - Senior CAD Operator in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior CAD Operator in Warren, NJ

I worked at Bohler Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Friendly company and good place to work for long term only.

Cons

Not recommended for returning employees. I had worst experience returning to work for the company. I was not given the opportunity to learn what I had forgotten on my return. Immediately I was giving too many negatives, not what I expected. I was put to work with the wrong people that didn't allow me to learn and just put me on a bad situation.

Advice to Management

Please listen to what your employees are expected too, not only what you expect from them.
    Give them time to learn and achieve their goals, not only push them out the door with that bad though of the company, when they first think it was once the best company to work for.

7. "Internship"

Pros

The staff and culture at the company are awesome. Everyone is young, kind, helpful, and hungry to succeed.

Cons

Budgets are tight, clients are demanding, and work conditions are often stressful because of this. This, however, is the nature of the construction industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve and make the workplace fun. Current management does a great job of connecting with employees, and it is trend that should continue.

"Great place for growth!"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management listens to your goals and helps you create a career path to meet them.There are two reviews a year and you can set up career discussions with your managers as often as you like to make sure you are on track for where you want to be.

Cons

Benefits are fine, not great.

Advice to Management

Continue to have open lines of communication with your employees.

9. "Growth Potential in a Social and Collaborative Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Warren, NJ

Pros

I truly feel like I am part of a team at Bohler - not only in the work I do, but through the social environment and activities as well. The team is collaborative and encouraging. My manager truly cares about my career growth and success. Plus, who doesn't want a happy hour, bake off or dunk tank challenge every once in awhile?

Cons

I really can't think of anything unappealing about Bohler.

10. "Opportunity"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time

Pros

You get out what you put in - hard work pays off, is recognized, and if you put in the effort, the sky is the limit
    Like a family - have made great friends, and everyone is always there for each other in tough times
    Consistently expanding - opportunities to move up, or move offices will become available

Cons

There can be long days when a project calls for it, but it's not all the time. I figure that's pretty standard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep expanding, keep communicating to the staff. Communication has improved, but keep it up.