Bohler Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam J. Volanth

"Work hard, Play hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High energy, great employees, a real "team" mentality. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow both personally and professionally. Plenty of great resources available at your fingertips. A great career choice!

Cons

As with all larger companies, it is possible for the wave of forward motion to pass you right by if you're not paying attention, but if you jump on it, keep yourself involved, and ask tons of questions, the opportunities are endless, no matter what your position.

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Sterling, VA

Pros

Great Place to work and grow. Office culture is great!

Cons

Life-work balance can be a challenge due to the amount of work and responsibilities.
    Benefits package can improve.

"A truly great company to work for!"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time

Pros

This company is the type of company your parents and grandparents used to work for; a place where, if you do your job and do it well, you will stay for the rest of your career. It's a place where you are not an employee number or a badge but a real human being. Bohler invests in its employees and offers opportunity for real career growth. I've witnessed many earned promotions during my time here. We also have one of the best social cultures with teammates that collaborate well with each other and like to have fun together. I can't say enough about the place!

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say. No company is perfect because it's run by human beings, and we, by nature, are not perfect. All companies have their faults but Bohler really does address them in order to make the employee experience the best it can be.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. We are the life blood of your business. It means a lot to us that you take the time to hear us out in our employee surveys and other forums. I love the fact that you take action when your employees' voices have spoken. Never lose sight of that and keep up the good work!

4. "Keeps Me Constantly Challenged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced; Challenging; Ambitious co-workers; Always learning something new; Customer focused; Staff focused; Fun.

Cons

This type of environment is not for everyone. If you can't handle a fast pace or don't enjoy being constantly challenged, you should consider working on the public side.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - it works!

5. "One of the Best Large Engineering Firms to Work for"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are passionate about what they do, both in the workplace and out. Company culture and socializing outside of work is encouraged with plenty of outings to participate when you are able. Thank you for the free breakfast EVERY Friday.

Expectations are clear, and there are plenty of opportunities to "choose your path." Mentorship is encouraged and formal reviews take place twice a year giving you an opportunity to provide and receive feedback.

Continuing education is encouraged, and the office provides many of the resources to assist with job training, software training and innovations within all related fields.

All employees are treated with respect, and their opinions are valued, no matter their experience level. Several branch managers are well under the age of 40 (NOT the norm) and encourage the rest of the staff to give them feedback to improve the way the individual offices, and the company as a whole, is run.

Great benefits and compensation. Revolving summer half-day Fridays to encourage work/life balance are awesome.

Cons

The only downside is that at times it is a more corporate working environment than your typical engineering firm (a lot of checks and balances to keep all the offices standardized). However, the amenities that go along with that have their perks.

Advice to Management

Keep winning and working on awesome work.

Continue to stay true to the practice of our CORE VALUES and don't let them become thought of as buzzwords.

6. "Really good experience"

Former Employee - Junior Design Engineer in Atlantic, IA
    Former Employee - Junior Design Engineer in Atlantic, IA

I worked at Bohler Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training with CAD and the CAD Manager
    The outings
    Conversations in the office with coworkers
    Happy hour
    Crab boat
    Working with certain people
    Baseball games

Cons

Getting time to finish tasks
    Finding someone to answer design questions
    Don't always check work on a higher level
    Time to complete training

Advice to Management

Stick with schedules and expectations instead of changing things due to workload

"A dynamic, exciting work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bohler values its' employees career growth and overall job fulfillment. Managers are willing to work with and listen to employee needs. The environment is absolutely a fast-paced, somewhat intense work environment, but that makes the company even more exciting to be a part of. The social atmosphere is fun and lively.

Cons

It's also a pro, but the intensity and pace can be challenging at times. Employees need to speak up when workload approaches too much and be proactive about creating their own work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue being present around the different offices, chatting with employees, knowing everyone's name. It goes a long way!

8. "Best decision"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time

Pros

I started working at Bohler over a year ago and I couldn't have made a better decision for my career. Bohler provides each and every individual within the firm every possible opportunity to maximize their growth potential and listens to them on feedback to not only better themselves, but better the firm as a whole. Bohler is a firm that tries to adapt to its employees, because they are their biggest asset.

Cons

Bohler is a very, fast-paced company, so continue making sure that work is being delegated properly, to continue promoting a strong work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue the strong social presence within each office. Also, continue promoting growth and opportunity.

9. "Amazing company!"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time

Pros

I have been working for Bohler Engineering for almost two years and it has been an awesome experience! It is a fun, positive, team-oriented environment that really makes it enjoyable to come to work every day. It is a fast-paced, challenging atmosphere that offers unlimited opportunity for career growth.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, it really is a great company that truly values its employees.

10. "Opportunity"

I have been working at Bohler Engineering full-time

Pros

You get out what you put in - hard work pays off, is recognized, and if you put in the effort, the sky is the limit
    Like a family - have made great friends, and everyone is always there for each other in tough times
    Consistently expanding - opportunities to move up, or move offices will become available

Cons

There can be long days when a project calls for it, but it's not all the time. I figure that's pretty standard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep expanding, keep communicating to the staff. Communication has improved, but keep it up.