KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Boleman Law Firm Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2022

Found 13 of over 13 reviews

3.9
Boleman Law Firm Chairman G. Russell “Rusty” Boleman III (no image)
G. Russell “Rusty” Boleman III

Current Employee

Great company

Oct 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They take care of their employees

Cons

Can be busy at times

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

If you like working in cubicles for a large corporate company, this is your spot

Feb 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You work 40 hours a week with a mandatory hour lunch break everyday. No overtime, which is good as a salaried position.

Cons

Large firm, corporate feel, no room for promotions

3. 1.0

Shady Owner

Jan 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits were decent

Cons

They have no morals when it comes to their employees. They will fire you without warning or reason.

4. 4.0

Good Employer

Oct 12, 2021 - Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively healthy work environment, great teammates.

Cons

Expectations don't always match compensation.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not as friendly/ family oriented as they claim to be

Sep 13, 2021 - Client Care Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the staff really allow you to get to know them and are helpful when they see you are struggling.

Cons

Very contradictory with how they communicate. You are told not to speak with the attorneys and to rely on your team mates but the team mates were not always helpful or either gave the wrong information. The manager attorneys are nice enough but can be very rude and nice nasty at times. They say they are family oriented and friendly but that's not all together true. Clients want advice from the attorney and not client care, but the attorney's hardly if ever took calls, which upset clients. Then if wrong information was given, you were to blame.

6. 5.0

Good place to work

Nov 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff, fun environment, good mission

Cons

Busy office, with difficult days and client situations

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Like working for your family, only better

May 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Boleman Law for only a year, but it was, without a doubt, the best year of my life. I was a military wife looking for work in a place that doesn't hire military spouses because they may be moved to a new command the next day, technically illegal but who can prove it? Finally, this company decided to take a chance on me and spend lots of time and money training me, and not only did they help me learn more than i could ever imagine, they took care of me like family. The working environment there is one of the best ever, it is respectful but fun. The goal of the company is to actually help people and will do so at any expense, I saw it first hand every day. It is hard to come by a company these days that is willing to help the community areound them the way they do, if there were more companies run by people like this throughout the world, it would be a much better place. If i could go back to work there I would, not only to be surrounded by such support and compassion, but to be able to feel so accomplished each day for helping so many people through such an amazing company!

Cons

Honestly the only con about working for this company is the type of law they practice, it is hard to have to help people that are so stressed out, but because of Boleman i saw people come in miserable and angery and walk out with smiles on their face, you could see the relief in their faces. So ultimately there is no con that I ever experienced.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not Your Typical Lawfirm

Nov 14, 2014 - Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team members from administrators to attorneys. Very understanding management, lots of room for growth and change. If you find that your current position isn't the best fit, management is very flexible about reworking you into another area.

Cons

For those who can't work well under pressure it can be a very fast paced work environment

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful atmosphere, family-oriented and constantly evolving to become the best in the market.

Oct 10, 2014 - Administrator in Hampton, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's very rewarding being able to help people every day. My co-workers are supportive, helpful and have a wealth of knowledge from their various backgrounds. It really does feel like a family. There are so many great folks who are, together, trying to make a difference for our clients. The work can be stressful, but when you're having a down day there's always someone who can relate and sympathize or make you laugh. Of course things come up with family, having small children, there's always the chance of illness in the family. It's nice that it's such a team atmosphere that I know when I'm out of the office, there is someone there, who has my back and can help. There have been countless times that I was shown that taking care of my family is important, much more than the market standard, from compensating additionally to help cover insurance premiums, to time off and an extended maternity leave. It is a business, and there's focus on being the best in our field. I love having that competitiveness and feeling that we need to show how great we can be so that folks use our firm instead of a competitor. Perfection is emphasized without being negative. It's more cultivating a feeling of importance and pride in each part of the process.

Cons

The days can be jam-packed of difficult clients because we're helping them during the most challenging times of their lives and are often time-sensitive, which adds to the stress. I feel like it's the nature of the work that can be hard, versus anything that the Company is or is not doing.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hands down the best place to work

Oct 10, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking for a job where it truly is a "family" atmosphere, then this is it. Like any job, there are good days and bad days, but the good far outweigh the bad. We work hard and have a lot of fun. Couldn't ask to work for better people.

Cons

It can be a stressful environment because your dealing with people who are in a very difficult situation.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews