Boleman Law Firm Reviews | Glassdoor

Boleman Law Firm Reviews

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
G. Russell “Rusty” Boleman III

1. "Like working for your family, only better"

I worked at Boleman Law Firm full-time

Pros

I worked at Boleman Law for only a year, but it was, without a doubt, the best year of my life. I was a military wife looking for work in a place that doesn't hire military spouses because they may be moved to a new command the next day, technically illegal but who can prove it? Finally, this company decided to take a chance on me and spend lots of time and money training me, and not only did they help me learn more than i could ever imagine, they took care of me like family. The working environment there is one of the best ever, it is respectful but fun. The goal of the company is to actually help people and will do so at any expense, I saw it first hand every day. It is hard to come by a company these days that is willing to help the community areound them the way they do, if there were more companies run by people like this throughout the world, it would be a much better place. If i could go back to work there I would, not only to be surrounded by such support and compassion, but to be able to feel so accomplished each day for helping so many people through such an amazing company!

Cons

Honestly the only con about working for this company is the type of law they practice, it is hard to have to help people that are so stressed out, but because of Boleman i saw people come in miserable and angery and walk out with smiles on their face, you could see the relief in their faces. So ultimately there is no con that I ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the way you have been and keep caring about your employees like you do, they will keep pushing the firm forward as well.

2. "Not Your Typical Lawfirm"

Current Employee - Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Boleman Law Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members from administrators to attorneys. Very understanding management, lots of room for growth and change. If you find that your current position isn't the best fit, management is very flexible about reworking you into another area.

Cons

For those who can't work well under pressure it can be a very fast paced work environment

Advice to Management

Keep growing and working on bringing the 3 offices together as one!

3. "Wonderful atmosphere, family-oriented and constantly evolving to become the best in the market."

Current Employee - Administrator in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Boleman Law Firm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's very rewarding being able to help people every day. My co-workers are supportive, helpful and have a wealth of knowledge from their various backgrounds. It really does feel like a family. There are so many great folks who are, together, trying to make a difference for our clients. The work can be stressful, but when you're having a down day there's always someone who can relate and sympathize or make you laugh.

Of course things come up with family, having small children, there's always the chance of illness in the family. It's nice that it's such a team atmosphere that I know when I'm out of the office, there is someone there, who has my back and can help. There have been countless times that I was shown that taking care of my family is important, much more than the market standard, from compensating additionally to help cover insurance premiums, to time off and an extended maternity leave.

It is a business, and there's focus on being the best in our field. I love having that competitiveness and feeling that we need to show how great we can be so that folks use our firm instead of a competitor. Perfection is emphasized without being negative. It's more cultivating a feeling of importance and pride in each part of the process.

Cons

The days can be jam-packed of difficult clients because we're helping them during the most challenging times of their lives and are often time-sensitive, which adds to the stress. I feel like it's the nature of the work that can be hard, versus anything that the Company is or is not doing.

Advice to Management

I would love to have more opportunities to the three offices to get together and communicate. Not much else to say here.

5. "Hands down the best place to work"

I have been working at Boleman Law Firm full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a job where it truly is a "family" atmosphere, then this is it. Like any job, there are good days and bad days, but the good far outweigh the bad. We work hard and have a lot of fun. Couldn't ask to work for better people.

Cons

It can be a stressful environment because your dealing with people who are in a very difficult situation.

6. "A great team of professionals who want to help others in need."

I have been working at Boleman Law Firm (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Structured training program. Strong ethics and values. Good opportunity for advancement. They treat employees with respect and consideration.

Cons

They expect excellence. If you are not a team player this company is not for you.

"Wouldn't go back."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Boleman Law Firm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its a Job in this bad market right now!

Cons

You get treated as if you are nothing, they talking about being a "family" but clearly they are not. Threatened to fire several people because they had other obligations than to go to a retreat. Nothing is ever learned at the retreat except for a bunch of random drinking. It's basically a big tax write off. You will be over worked and underpaid... STAY AWAY! Slim to no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about the employees instead of caring about the numbers

"Good place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Attorney in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Attorney in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Gratifying work - all consumer bankruptcy
    Family atmosphere and friendly employees
    Fun place to work - Mr. Boleman is really cool
    Annual Beach Retreat

Cons

If you work in bankruptcy it is hard to change to other area of the law

Advice to Management

Give regular performance feedback
    Make public the salary ranges for different jobs