Boly:Welch Portland Reviews

Updated Feb 17, 2020

5.0
Boly:Welch President Andrew Welch (no image)
Andrew Welch
  1. "We're in the people business"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mission - helping people find jobs or growing their careers B Corp - planet and people - very sustainable office Culture - positive atmosphere - a lot of autonomy Leadership - very experienced Opportunity - you reap what you sow

Cons

Dogs can be a distraction due to cuteness overload ;-) Quite a lot of paperwork and admin but that's just part of the job

Continue reading
  2. "Great service; Great people!"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at Boly:Welch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked closely with Gwen Rudolph and she was great from day one until I got a position. She was supportive and very professional.

Cons

There is actually no cons. Gwen's process was pretty straightforward and the outcome was great.

3. "Excellent Job Placement"

Current Contractor - Paralegal in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch for less than a year

Pros

Brittney Rerecich is an amazing person to have in your corner. She really listened to what I wanted and helped me find the PERFECT fit opportunity. Always responsive, she kept an eagle eye out looking for just the right position for me. She was also super supportive even when I had a death in the family and felt like it just wasn't the right time. She kept me focused and reminded me that the perfect place was out there looking for me, too. Thank you, Brittney! I'm thrilled with my new job!

Cons

I can't think of any...truly!

4. "Organized temporary work"

Current Contractor - Receptionist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch for less than a year

Pros

The system of offering jobs on a daily basis is extremely simple and fair

Cons

Work is inconsistent as with any temporary situation

5. "Great recruiting firm"

Former Contractor - Contract Paralegal/Legal Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at Boly:Welch for less than a year

Pros

I am new to Portland and to the state of Oregon and so I signed up with Boly:Welch to be considered for either temporary or permanent positions shortly after moving here. I was looking for a paralegal position (have 19 years experience in that field) and was assigned to recruiter Gwen Rudolph. Gwen is an exceptional recruiter. Unlike some recruiters, who will try to place you anywhere they have an opening, Gwen actually thought about what the job required and the office culture and how my skillset, personality and what I was seeking in a position would mesh. She kept in contact with me on a regular basis over a few months, even while I was doing contract work through another agency. She gave me advice on how to best present myself, as I'm a little shy in interviews. She ran jobs by me to see what I thought and never pushed me to interview anywhere I didn't think would be a good fit. She was tenacious and never gave up trying to find me the right job. In the end, she placed me at a firm I never would have thought to apply with on my own, as I was inexperienced in that field of law. I worked there on a contract basis to try it out, and they hired me permanent. I couldn't be happier there. She is a true matchmaker. I have found that to be a rare skill indeed, even in a professional recruiter. Go with Gwen. Also worked with Kati Newsome on the temporary side, and she was great to work with.

Cons

I am trying to think of one but can't.

6. "Great company to temp for"

Current Contractor - Field Organizer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch for less than a year

Pros

Found me temp positions that are relevant to my interests and add good experience to my resume

Cons

no cons that I can think of

7. "Amazing and Fast"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at Boly:Welch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional, fast, friendly, efficient, great service.

Cons

I have experienced none.

Continue reading
  8. "Great Partner in Finding a Terrific Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Job Seeker in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch full-time

Pros

Sally and the Boly:Welch team did a fantastic job of finding me the perfect opportunity that met all my criteria. They listened, helped me polish my resume and connected me with wonderful people at various organizations. Sally walked me through every step of the way to a great new adventure! Thank you!

Cons

Absolutely nothing to share here.

9. "Brittney will help your career excel!"

Current Employee - File Clerk in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brittney is awesome, she worked with me consistently until we found a position that I loved and felt like the right fit. She's the kind of person who really puts her whole effort into listening to what kind of specific qualities you are looking for in your next position and helping you achieve those things! We worked together for about three months while I interviewed all around, with her patience, guidance, and enthusiasm never fading. I can happily say she helped me find my current position that far exceeded my expectations about how my job could be actually a positive thing in my life versus something that I dread. She is fantastic and I couldn't recommend her enough!

Cons

Absolutely nothing, Brittney works so hard for you and as a job seeker you don't pay Boly:welch. No con's!

10. "Brittney R is awesome! Great personal touch and communication"

Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Boly:Welch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with Brittney to find a position in the legal industry. She took the time to understand my strengths, short/long term goals, and compensation and culture expectations, and was a solid advocate for me. She was also great about keeping an eye out for a variety of opportunities that could be a good fit for me - I ended up landing a position I would not have found and would not have occurred to me to look at otherwise. So far I am loving it and getting the experience and industry exposure I was looking for. Brittney was very communicative throughout the search and hiring process and overall I had a great experience!

Cons

You do make a bit less when you work with recruiting agencies. However if you're looking to get your foot in the door somewhere and find opportunities you wouldn't have access to otherwise, I'd say it's worth it.

Found 31 reviews