Bommarito Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Frank Bommarito

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Automotive Tech"

I worked at Bommarito Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great People, Very friendly and family oriented. Pay isnt all that great starting out, but it gets better.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"They were still learning my job"

Former Employee - BDC Representative in Ellisville, MO
    Former Employee - BDC Representative in Ellisville, MO

I worked at Bommarito Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of the management staff was good and helpful when my department needed them to be

Cons

Some of the managers and sales staff did not respect our department or feel that it was necessary

Advice to Management

Keep the BDC running

"As a female, just don't."

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

Pros

Not any that I can think of. Some of the people were friendly. Only because they wanted something. No. Just no.

Cons

SEXUAL HARASSMENT EVERYDAY. when reported to upper management was blown off made to feel like it was MY fault and told to refer to the employee handbook. Which is absolutely bs. I have since LEFT the company due to multiple BOMMARITO employees asking for my underwear every day texting photos of their genitalia and asking for wet t-shirt photos. Creepy old men. Don't send your daughters here. Management will say it's their fault for having breasts. John and Frank bommarito allow this. I hope they all get sued.

Advice to Management

Figure it out.

4. "Bommarito Hazelwood sales & finance"

Former Employee - Sales in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Sales in Hazelwood, MO

Pros

Demo & 5 day work week. Very easy to do what you want here once you have been here a while. One weekend off a month. Ability to sell at other locations within the group.

Cons

No continually training provided other than OEM product mandatory online training modules. There is really no career advancement training. GSM's are really just sales managers with tenure. Managers are not enrolled in career development training like 20 groups, academies, industry conference learning sessions so they only have one perspective of their job. The managers do not hold training sessions for sales staff either. There was one guy that came in as an internet director and actually provided training information to the sales staff and managers, would help the sales staff learn and answer questions regarding CRM training, etc. but he left and we are back to on our own. Typically politics between managers and staff. Takes a long time to get a used car to get ready from service to market.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive of staff. Managers need to be better trained versus saying they are over qualified baby sitters. Training should be ongoing. If managers cannot provide training, have a very qualified corporate trainer like other groups. Back up what you say in the weekly sales meetings.

5. "Not now any different than any other dealer"

Current Employee - Sales & Leasing Specialist in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - Sales & Leasing Specialist in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Bommarito Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great sales managers and employees. In general a good working atmosphere. Demos are a plus and time off is easy to get.

Cons

Continue to pay less and less commission. Overcharge for healthcare. No advancement opportunity. Only new people from outside the company are hired. Upper management is not in touch with general operations and does not seem to care unless threatened with law suits or potential law suit.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with employees and listen. Try actually care about more than the bottom line.

"porter"

Former Employee - Porter in Wildwood, MO
    Former Employee - Porter in Wildwood, MO

I worked at Bommarito Automotive Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. union job/benefits.

Cons

sometimes you got to stay late

7. "Great Place To Work"

Pros

Good money, Great coworkers. Good facilities

Cons

To much management turn over.

"sales consultant self employed"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bommarito Automotive Group full-time

Pros

opportunity to earn as much as you want as long as you can set a chair and a phone up inside the front door and grab all the ups.

Cons

none for the most part, but management can play favorites with their house mouse and they do
    other part is driving traffic in for other sales people accounts and not yours if your not careful

Advice to Management

set up a more sophisticated lead program also have a up system in place that puts all sales people on an equal footing vs playing favorites with the long term sales people