Bon Appétit Management Reviews in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Bon Appétit Management Minneapolis Reviews

1 review

Minneapolis, MN

Fedele Bauccio

Pros
  • Sustainable practices, they offer benefits, free meals while working, that's about all I can say that was positive about my experience (in 9 reviews)

• Schedule, Benefits, Salary, Farm to Fork initiatives, Creative outlets, Work Life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Of course that is a con of any food service job (in 6 reviews)

• Union dues, recent high turnover rate (in 6 reviews)

1. "High standards and great vision, but needs additional oversight for weak areas"

Current Employee - Caterer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Caterer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

It's tough for me to expand on this much because I worked as a "peon" in many capacities. I played a role of leadership in the interim when we were hiring additional management, but never really took part of the greater corporate structure. With a bigger company comes better bennies than a smaller company might be able to offer, but it also comes with more red tape, and it's tougher to get to decision makers to get any change carried through. No surprise there.

I've worked in catering for BA at two places and the first one was a mess, while the second was a well-oiled machine. The latter has been fun to work at, with great leadership who treat me and the staff correctly, we get paid on-time and with few hiccups. The former was because proper management wasn't in place and the next level of management up from there did not seem up to speed as much. This second layer of management could give a little more oversight and take action in these weaker areas.

Of course in all of this, my experience is very localized, so with 180 accounts in the US and no experience with the corporate structure, it's hard to give an accurate review.

Cons

See my comments above in "Pros." I think the cons might be inherent with a larger corporate structure, but there are large organizations out there getting it right too, so the lack of general oversight to problematic accounts might be my biggest con for BA.

Advice to Management

Now that I think of it, I was a college student working in the lower rungs of BA and there were no leadership programs or opportunities to integrate me into the company. There's a complicated application system to try to apply to a random job within the company, but if you know you have a great employee (I won "Be A Star" and was praised on a number of occasions), shouldn't you want to develop them and raise them up in the company?

With as many people as they have coming in and out of their company for part time work and otherwise you'd think management would want to make use of this.

Hiring someone "cold" without knowing them well is tough work - I've had to do it in my FT work. If you can test people out in PT work, like BA does very often especially in catering, then you get to know who they are and can ask management about their work ethic, demeanor, skills, knowledge, ethics etc.

Showing 1 of 176 review