Bon Appetit Bakery Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Mahasti Mashhoon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of the Best Resturants to work for"

Former Employee - Utility Worker in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Utility Worker in Washington, DC

I worked at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is great at that time!

Cons

The location in the area.

2. "Thankful for the opportunity"

Current Employee - Distribution in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Distribution in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery (More than a year)

Pros

GREAT. Entrepreneurial type of company, lots of room to grow.

Cons

No cons during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you for the opportunity.

"Run the other way"

Current Employee - Distributor
    Current Employee - Distributor

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro is when you leave. A bunch of broken promises. Will tell you anything to sell you a route. If you are looking to get a route with them, DONT!!!!

Cons

They charge you a bunch of BS fees to run your business. By the time you see what you made it is not worth it one bit. They negotiate with large chain accounts but you end up paying a percentage of that in so called" service fees". Those could run up to $200 to $300 week. All your running around to end up giving them back that money is not worth it. Service fees are always going up which means the less you take home.

"Barista/server"

Current Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Excellent tips and lots of practice making coffee. You will have Lin days and lots of coffees to get out here from the

Cons

Long hours and I'm not going home again tonight so I'm going home now I want some more food and I'll

"Very poor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job that allows union representation and adheres to the system tries to provide a quality product when ordering.

Cons

Management be it salaried or hourly woefully inept, they just allow bad management until the client asks for there removal then replace them with more bad managers. All talk and when things inevitably go wrong pick out the hourly workers as scapegoats.

Advice to Management

Recruitment and professional training needed in management.

"It's a great place to work"

I worked at Bon Appetit Bakery part-time

Pros

Attentive to detail, clean, and understanding

Cons

The supervisor of my establishment wasn't well suited for his position.

Advice to Management

When you see problems at the top, questions arise from the workers. Don't promote someone to management of they don't work well at a lower level, doesn't send a good message.

"Exceptional Work Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bon Appetit has made it possible to have an exceptional work place environment. The owners have made a commitment to ensure that they have a strong management team to make this happen. I have worked for Bon Appetit for two years now, and do not see myself working anywhere else. I witnessed during my first year with the company a dysfunctional management style and I have been involved with reorganizing the structure of the company's environment. The dysfunctional management is no longer working for Bon Appetit which has made it possible to bring management to a higher level of support for the employees and continue to do so.

Cons

Two years ago I had many cons but I am happy to say that they have been addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue with showing recognition and support towards our employees for their efforts and hard work.

"Bon Appetit, A Great Journey"

Current Employee - Senior Strategic Account Executive in Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Strategic Account Executive in Vernon, CA

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Bon Appetit for just over 14yrs. I started out as a regional market manager in the Southern California area and all I can say is what a great journey, Over the years I've been challenged to succeed as well have been given the opportunity to excel. Today I am one of Bon Appetit's Senior Sales Account Executives with client responsibilities throughout the US, Canada and Mexico. Bon Appetit's team is one I have a great deal of respect for. They are a great group of people that I've enjoyed work with. Working at Bon Appetit has been a great experience and I look forward to many more years to come.

Cons

No Cons to speak of, great company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for letting me be a part of a great team.

"Concerning this company do not work for them!"

Current Employee - Regular Employee in Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Regular Employee in Vernon, CA

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time

Pros

There are no pros except you receive a paycheck & not a very good one at t hat!
    I've been there a long time & if some one says it's a great environment they are lying to themselves, & every one that reads these reviews!

Cons

There are no pros just cons,, pay is bad Management is horrible, they treat employees like cattle & only upper Management is rewarded, this review is in response to the 2 good reviews posted recently, stating a great work environment & no cons to speak of.

Please don't believe these 2 employees I know them personally, they don’t care for the regular employee, both will throw you under the bus first chance they get, & improve their standing with the owners!

Let me give you a few indisputable facts:
    1. Most companies will give you 15 or 20 minute breaks, this company only gives 10 minute Breaks (What the Law Allows) You tell me what you can do in 10 minutes?

2. The HR Manager is the Sister of the owner for Bon Appetit , so there is an obvious conflict of interest & never to the employees benefit.

3. They have High Definition cameras pointed to all employees desks, to make sure they are doing their jobs? If you don't trust your employees fire them, don't watch every move they make it’s not a prison! Cameras are for security not to watch employees work, that's unethical. They make bread for God’s sake!

4. When an email is sent everyone is copied including the owners, reason is if someone makes a mistake everyone knows of it & he or she is reprimanded right away! It's not professional, bad business practices, & breeds contempt.

These are just a few facts of this so called "great environment to work in" LOL

You be the Judge!

Advice to Management

Trust your employees & let them do their jobs stop Micromanaging therm !

"Don't work for this Company!"

Current Employee - Upper Management in Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Vernon, CA

I have been working at Bon Appetit Bakery full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck , somewhere to pass the time.

Cons

Hi have never worked for a company with such terrible practices & culture, they will humiliate you if you fall out of their favor they will try to to get you to quit. I've worked for this company for over 8 years & I have never seen a Company treat employees to this extent,, as soon as I can I'll leave this job, its like being in a prison, please please don't work for this company you will regret it & it will damage you physically & emotionally!

Advice to Management

Let your employees do their jobs if they mess up fire them, don't micro Manage every aspect of their jobs.